The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Getting a late start melting. DS got his braces off today so the majority of the morning was spent at the orthodontist's. He's happy to be able to eat licorice and popcorn again and I'm happy to be rid of the monthly payment! :lol: I'm trying a couple of new ones from LOL. In the kitchen/DR it's Oatmeal Raisin Cream Cookies and in the loft it's Vanilla Nut Bread. The MB has Jasmine Vanilla from Mookie Doodle.

Cat01 & Debra - love your new avatars... what cuties! [smilie=th_happy]

bigred.....yay! Glad you're feeling well again! :shock: How about PuppyLove.... R U feeling better too?

Welcome back from your trip candlelove!

Now, Fleur has been MIA since last week. :oops: Hope you're off having fun some where and not down w/the crud that's been going around.....

Melting Nene's Rustic Blend.

Melting Nene's Pink Sugar this evening. I like the plain pink sugar but I think I will like pink sugar blends even more! (I'm still kind of a melting newbie, as you can tell! But never fear, I have a few pink sugar blends from Mookie Doodle to try!)

Welcome back Sillysmom and Candlelove. There's no place like home.

Jason, veranda sounds way better than balcony. :lol: Hang in there. HL takes a little while to ship. I didn't have any strawberry water today, but I did keep the strawberries going all day.

I switched Strawberry Wafer out for Strawberry from CFTKR (thanks buddy)

It was shaped like a real strawberry and the kids got a big kick out of it.

Mpfand, congrats to your DS and your wallet...more money for smellies. :shock:

I agree, Denimsway. Baton Rouge is wonderful.

I love all the new avatars. [smilie=th_happy]

Aria, what are you painting and what color?

I'm awfully chatty tonight. :oops:

Home from work for some serious melting!

Starting off with Blue Gecko Butterfly Garden - 1 cube in the tealighter - mod. strong

Crosscreek - Cariribean Pear - using the metal tart pan on the 24w - this really smells yummy - wonder if the pan is helping!

Oh - and thanks, S&S!

There's no place like home.

I'm awfully chatty tonight. :P

[smilie=th_326db8b3] [smilie=th_00000020] You're at home among friends! :P

Wanna talk about Hooters again? I haven't found a chicken wing scent yet.

I added more to today's melts: CP ~ Acai Sugar Cookie, CCCC ~ Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie, CHC ~ Lemon Pucker, and AMS ~ Winter Garden.

Going to put on Baton Rouge to jolt my memory on that one Denim. Thanks for mentioning it!

Just trying to refresh my memory before I buy anything else.

Mpfand, congrats to your DS and your wallet...more money for smellies. [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Thanks. I think I can easily justify a tart spree. :P

Another fan of Baton Rouge here.

Oatmeal Raisin Cream Cookies from LOL is still going strong even after the tuna noodle casserole I cooked for dinner. [smilie=th_00000020]

What an exhausting day!! [smilie=th_326db8b3] I had to run around like crazy at school to get budget stuff done, then had to finalize and send in the taxes, all so I could get back less than my average LOL order!! TAXES SUCK!!!

But, you know what DOESN'T suck? Blue Gecko!!! I got in my Blue Gecko and my GHBT order today. I started Forever Alice, and it is DREAMY. I can't imagine a more soothing scent right now. Plus, did any of you get the email from Christy that AMS opens tomorrow, with free shipping on orders over $30? [smilie=th_00000020] So now I really have to decide if I want to try Front Porch, or just blow the rest of my wad on AMS. Decisions, decisions.....

Glad you had a safe trip Candlelove!

I've been melting Sands of Morraco by AMS for about 7 hours and it's still going strong! Have a good night everyone.

I enjoyed my vacation but it feels good to be home. I am still melting AMS Snickerdoodle. These melts lasted for 12+ hours. I am busy plotting my AMS order. I hope everyone has a good night.

What an exhausting day!! [smilie=th_326db8b3] I had to run around like crazy at school to get budget stuff done, then had to finalize and send in the taxes, all so I could get back less than my average LOL order!! TAXES SUCK!!!

But, you know what DOESN'T suck? Blue Gecko!!! I got in my Blue Gecko and my GHBT order today. I started Forever Alice, and it is DREAMY. I can't imagine a more soothing scent right now. Plus, did any of you get the email from Christy that AMS opens tomorrow, with free shipping on orders over $30? [smilie=th_00000020] So now I really have to decide if I want to try Front Porch, or just blow the rest of my wad on AMS. Decisions, decisions.....

I'm glad you posted this info on AMS. I have never ordered from her before and I've got to try her tarts. THANkS!

I wasn't home for most of the late afternoon and evening so I just got a chance to change scents to:

K - LemonGrass - AMS - A really nice moderately strong scent

LR - Bamboo Hemp - AMS - Another really nice moderately strong scent

BR - Domination - EE - This is a very nice moderately strong scent - smells fruity to me

Bathroom - 2nd tealight for YC's Beach Vacation

AMS opens tomorrow!!! [smilie=th_00000020]

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

Good morning CF friends!

Starting out the day with Buttercream Vanilla from Crosscreek....I think I may have just found another favorite from Deana....this scent is heavenly!

Jules, we are painting our kitchen and dining area....it's a shade of olive green....sounds sort of weird, but it looks nice with our maple cabinets and light hardwood floors.....this is the look I am going for...

http://www.kitchens.com/photos/traditional-kitchens/contrasting-colors.aspx

How does your DS like his blue room?

Good Morning, Can't wait to get my order in to AMS today. I fell asleep trying to decide which scents to order last night [smilie=th_200912104451]

This morning I am melting Lavender Apple from GHBT's.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best scents from AMS???

Denim, there are a few threads with AMS scent suggestions. Check those for your choices.

Hi all! First melts of the day for me are:

K - Strawberry Margarita - Brown Bag - A nice moderately strong scent

LR - Flower Garden - Brown Bag - A nice moderately strong floral blend

BR - Black Rose - Dark Candles - One of my favorite scents from DC

Bathroom - I'm melting the remains of two YC votives - Fresh Cut Roses and Rose of Morocco

Since it is a dreary rainy day here today I decided today would be a candle burning day too:

Kitchen:

YC - Kiwi Berries large jar

Colonial - Apple Orchard large jar

Illuminations - Napa Valley Harvest medium jar

LR:

YC - Velvet Petals large jar

YC - Spring Bouquet large jar

YC - Rose of Morocco large jar

Tyler Candle - Tyler Roses large jar

BR:

YC - Fresh Cut Roses large jar

YC - Roses of Cliff Walk large jar

YC - Country Heather large jar

Colonial - Island Blossom large jar

Bathroom:

Pure Integrity - Lily of the Valley jar

Two AMS Rose chunky votives

Lots of stuff going in here and it smells wonderful! A lotta work getting all these set up and going! LOL [smilie=th_smilies-1]

[smilie=th_200912104451]

Good morning CF friends!

Starting out the day with Buttercream Vanilla from Crosscreek....I think I may have just found another favorite from Deana....this scent is heavenly!

Jules, we are painting our kitchen and dining area....it's a shade of olive green....sounds sort of weird, but it looks nice with our maple cabinets and light hardwood floors.....this is the look I am going for...

http://www.kitchens.com/photos/traditional-kitchens/contrasting-colors.aspx

How does your DS like his blue room?

Awesome color Aria! You should post some pics when it's all done so we can see it! Show it off!! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Denim, there are a few threads with AMS scent suggestions. Check those for your choices.

Bathroom - I'm melting the remains of two YC votives - Fresh Cut Roses and Rose of Morocco

WOW - wish I could hang out there today!!!!!!!!! [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Since it is a dreary rainy day here today I decided today would be a candle burning day too:

Kitchen:

LR:

BR:

Bathroom:

Lots of stuff going in here and it smells wonderful! A lotta work getting all these set up and going! LOL [smilie=th_happy096]

[smilie=th_200912104451]

Kitchen:

LR:

BR:

Bathroom:

Lots of stuff going in here and it smells wonderful! A lotta work getting all these set up and going! LOL [smilie=th_smilies-1]

[smilie=th_200912104451]

GOOD GRAVY!!! I wish I could go to your house today instead of work Big Red! I bet it is beautiful and smells heavenly! It is raining here too with a little bit of snow mixed in, so it is dark and dreary, and I am hoping that will subdue the kids at school a little bit. I had to light another tealight under my Forever Alice when I got up this morning, I just love it! I am excited to place an AMS order too... I will do that during planning period.

Beautiful color Aria. That olive green is so pretty. Our kitchen is totally outdated but it's a project for another day. DS loves his blue room. We just had navy carpet installed yesterday so he's got the whole package now. [smilie=th_200912104451]

This morning's scents:

CYS Sea Island Sunrises - Sucre Rose, sea island grapefruit, lemon and cotton candy

CYS Sun & Sand