The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Tonight I am happily melting my new SH candles. They are both great, but I think Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies is a bit stronger than the Mixed Berry Crumble.

Would you say that you're happy that you stepped outside the Yankee Candle box?

Yeah, I second what Bigred is saying. Jason and anyone else who recently tried SH candles, what do you think of them?

This morning I am melting YC Vanilla Lime, and I really like it! Normally I am not a big vanilla fan, but the lime really makes a nice blend. (Probably wouldn't get it in the big jar, but the tart is great.)

Cindy, I'm sorry to hear about the destruction in your town, but am glad to hear you are safe. I know how this feels, living in Oklahoma (the heart of tornado alley). You're always so thankful you and your loved ones were spared, but feel so bad for those that weren't.

Tonight I am happily melting my new SH candles. They are both great, but I think Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies is a bit stronger than the Mixed Berry Crumble.

Would you say that you're happy that you stepped outside the Yankee Candle box?

Yes, I am definitely pleased with both my GC and SH candles. Still waiting on my HL candle. I still say YC can't be beat for authenticity, but my three candles definitely rival YC for scent throw.

Hi all. I'm still melting LOL's Blueberry Vanilla Hazelnut from last night. Now I'm off to finish cleaning before company comes.

Happy Saturday everyone! Dreary day here. but no bad weather, thank Goodness!

Melting Banana Nut Bread from GHBT. Very good scent. Also Doodle Bug in the bedroom from GHBT. I love this one!! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

yuzu in daughters bedroom

sweet rose in my bedroom

satin sheets in another bedroom

florida sunshine in kitchen

rose and ivey in the bathroom

Melting another elderly CYS tart.....Beautiful One. Have to look up the description. I'm smelling ...almond ..? Smells gooooood! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

edit - Geez...was I wrong about this one! :) The description is: Vanilla Bean Noel, Sandalwood, Blood Orange w/a hint of spice. Go figure. :lol:

Today I'm melting:

Lavender Silk & Berry Verbena - both from Can-Do

Strawberries & Champagne & Marshmallow - both from Crosscreek

Lemon Lavender - from Texas Triple Scented

I LOVE Crosscreek's version of Strawberries & Champagne - to me it smells even better than the original VS version.

I probably won't be posting tomorrow, so I wish everyone that celebrates Easter a very happy one! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

Today I'm melting:

I LOVE Crosscreek's version of Strawberries & Champagne - to me it smells even better than the original VS version.

I probably won't be posting tomorrow, so I wish everyone that celebrates Easter a very happy one! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

Happy Easter to you!

Hi! It was such a beautiful day here, we worked in the yard, and took the kids to the park. I hope it is this nice tomorrow for the egg hunt, but I think it is supposed to be. I lit up my big sconce filled with the last bit of my AMS chunky Red Velvet cake votives. They are almost gone, and when they are I am going to refill them with the Cabernet. I am excited to see how much I like that scent since she opens again in a week! Have a great Easter Eve everyone!

Today I'm melting:

I probably won't be posting tomorrow, so I wish everyone that celebrates Easter a very happy one! [smilie=th_bomb]

Happy Easter to you!

Happy Easter to you too!

I just started godiva tini. Fabulous!

Hi all DP's nephew (he's 5) has been over to play Nintendo Wii with us so I haven't posted my scents at all so far. The little DN finally left so here we go:

Earlier I melted:

K - Apples & Oak - Brown Bag - A nice scent but could be stronger

LR - Hawaiian Plumeria - Cheryl's - A nice scent but not as good as YC's Plumeria

BR - Garden of Eden - CD - A very nice moderately strong scent - I really liked this one

Now I'm melting:

K - Farmer's Market - CD - A very nice moderately strong fruit blend but I smell a lot of peach with hints of other fruits

LR - Cheryl's Hawaiian Plumeria is still going

BR - Vlad - EE - A very nice moderately strong scent - to me it is mostly a leather scent with hints of others stuff - hard to describe

Burning my B&BW Dancing Waters jar in the bathroom.

To all who are sick - Feel better!

Glad you liked your other candles Jason.

Have a good Easter everyone!

Today has been Debauchery - by Dark Candles! I know what you were thinking, naughty, naughty! [smilie=th_bomb]

It is not on the site anymore - and I can't tell what the notes are but it is another one of their interesing scents.

Today has been Debauchery - by Dark Candles! I know what you were thinking, naughty, naughty! [smilie=th_bomb]

It is not on the site anymore - and I can't tell what the notes are but it is another one of their interesing scents.

I know Helena has a Debauchery Collection of scents (there are 4 - Absinthe, Erotica, Leather and Amber Velvet) but I don't see it in a scent, even in the list of retired scents.

Debra... I need one of those tonight! My parents just dropped by and stole my children for the night, [smilie=th_bomb] so Debauchery sounds right up my alley! We need a naughty wink emoticon!! I am pretty sure I have a Kiss Me All Over somewhere around here.... I better go look!

yeah..we do need a naughty wink!...except I'd never get to use it [smilie=th_bomb]

Today's melts:

Can-Do bear claws...strong and yummy

Mookie Doodle pixie dust...strong but didn't last

Mookie Doodle Be delicious...strong but didn't last!

Melting another elderly CYS tart.....Beautiful One. Have to look up the description. I'm smelling ...almond ..? Smells gooooood! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

edit - Geez...was I wrong about this one! [smilie=th_thdance] The description is: Vanilla Bean Noel, Sandalwood, Blood Orange w/a hint of spice. Go figure. [smilie=snoopy]

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3] Hi Sweet! I wondered about these tarts since they weren't very strong when I first got them, but Judy said I need to let them cure for about a week to get the scent power going.

How strong is the beautiful senior citizen tart you have? [smilie=th_bomb]

We had an early Easter egg hunt today cause there's bad weather on it's way, but the kids came back to the house, so I had some scents in Easter bunny shapes.

Crosscreek ~ hippity hop bunny cake,bubble gum, and cherry slushie

CFTKR ~ Jelly bean, lime bubble gum

GHBT ~ Monkey toots

A good time was had by all, but it's time to put on scents I like. :lol:

Happy Easter everyone!

Last scents of the day for me are:

K - Ballsy Broad - Dark Candles - This is a nice moderately strong scent that was a substitution for a scent that I ordered because she ran out of the oil- here's the description - This bold scent is comprised of German chocolate cake with a warm melted center, baked in and topped with sweet coconut shavings. I don't smell much coconut so far which is fine with me.

LR - Fairy Garden - Can-Do - A very nice strong scent but hard to describe - this is the description - Flowers and Fairy Dust. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

BR - Bouquet of Roses - Bridgewater - Awesome strong rose scent - one of the best straight rose scents that I've tried. [smilie=snoopy]

Still burning B&BW Dancing Waters jar in the bathroom. [smilie=th_thdance]

[smilie=th_bomb]

Tonight's late night melt is Blueberry Flapjacks from SH. Wow, I am in Hog heaven! I should have ordered the candle instead of Mixed Berry Crumble, which I like, but not as much as this! Also burning the Blackberry Butter Jam Cookies which is scenting my bedroom strongly.

Happy Easter everyone! Overnight it was LOL oatmeal raisin cream cookies...very good. This morning it's YC apricot and honey...one of my faves, but it was discontinued last summer! Have also added Busy Bee warm vanilla sugar and Angie's strawberry

Happy Easter.....I am melting Goose Creek tarts in Cinnamon and APple Spice

Burning GC Apple Spice candle