The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Congrats Lana! How does older DD feel about the baby going first? Younger DD may just beat her with that sweet PSIL in the pics! :oops:

Some that are melting today:

LOL ~ Lavender (Right on target)

Busy Bee ~ Buttery Gingerbread

Can - Do ~ Peppermint Spa

CCCC ~ Lemon Slices (been going real strong 12 hours)

Just put on Grumpy Girl ~ Metro Man Latte

The 420 was really potent, so I'm anxious to see how Metro Man throws.

CF buddy, thanks for sending these! :shock:

Hey there candle buddies!

Lana, :shock: Congrats to your DD and her fiance. How fun!

mpfand, glad to hear you are better.

Well, we had snow last night and today, but hopefully it will melt by Easter!!!! I think we had maybe about 3 inches....enough to turn everything white!!!!

Today, I am melting Carrot Cake from Crosscreek and have my Goose Creek Spice Cake candle burning. Oh yeah, upstairs I am melting B&BW Sea Island Cotton.

Changed out scents to all Yankee scents:

K - Sage & Citrus - Not sure if I really like this one

LR - Evening Air - A very nice scent, reminds me of Colonial's Evening Breeze

BR - Cottage Breeze - A very nice scent

Bathroom - Sun & Sand - Not sure if I really like this one either

So far all of them are only moderately strong but that might only be because my sense of smell is only partially returned.

Congrat's to your DD Lana! So sorry to hear about your headache MP. I've never had a migraine but I've heard they are terrible! Glad you are feeling better.

Melting Nag Champa from MTT in the kitchen. Cozy Christmas in the den and Warm Embrace from Cheryl in the bedroom. My house smells wonderful!! :shock:

Guest beachgirl

Cinnabun- from Scentsible Scents. Very strong cinnamon scent. Love this one!

Congrats Lana! How does older DD feel about the baby going first? Younger DD may just beat her with that sweet PSIL in the pics! [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Heart, this is the older DD. It is just that the younger DD has been in her relationship with my roadtrip buddy PSIL for three years. I think the funniest thing is that THAT fellow now is worried that the pressure is on him! *LOL*

Hey folks,

Can anyone tell me if Missy's tarts are soy or parrafin? Do you need to cure them?

[smilie=th_smilies-1]

I don't know what needs to be done with them, but I only liked one of all the tarts I got from her and that was godiva tini. The rest of them had hardly any scent whatsoever...

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Right now I'm melting Blue Sugar from Tuscaderos

Hey folks,

Can anyone tell me if Missy's tarts are soy or parrafin? Do you need to cure them?

[smilie=th_smilies-1]

Lana, I am almost certain that they are parrafin. I don't think you need to let them cure.

Tonight I'm burning my new GC candle, Apple Spice. Very nice throw on it. I like the scent too, even if it is a bit "candle-y", if that makes sense. I will get some tarts going in a bit.

beachgirl, [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whole_Gang] Cinnabun sounds yummy!

Tonight I have some tealights going and also have Angie's Blueberry Muffin melting.

Tonight I'm melting

Spotted Hog's Cherry Buttercream.....so yummy!

YC Candied Apple

Upstairs I have on LOL's Amish Quilt

Hope everyone has a nice evening

Lana, I had a bunch of tarts from Missy that I let sit for a long time and they were super strong, and then I re-ordered, and tried burning them right away, and got very little throw. So I am not sure if I needed to let them cure, or her batches are just very inconsistent. I think I may re-order one more time to see, and try some of that Godiva-tini. My favorite the first time around was the Macintosh Apple. Congratulations to your daughter too.... I was not that romantic, I just told my husband that I had saved up for a trip to Las Vegas, and I figured we should probably get married while we were there. He liked that idea. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

I was so busy at work today I had no time to post. For most of the day I had Booper's Cupcakes going, it wasn't as strong as I would have liked. After I came home I put on LOL's Cantalope, and this one is right on! So Strong and a PERFECT cantalope scent!

Anyway, it's a good thing I got so much done at work today, because now my DD has a fever of 103, so it looks like we'll be staying home tomorrow!

Yay....Eileen's back! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Awww.....kitty schmitty...it's your smiling face we missed. [smilie=th_friends]

Mpfand.....so glad you're feeling better today. That was a terrible migraine :shock: ...hope U never have another one like that.

Candlelove - have a wonderful trip!

Lana - congrats to your DD! [smilie=th_clap1]

Darlingj1 - sorry to hear your dd has the crud. Unfortunately that's about the only thing siblings like to 'share'.... [smilie=th_bb41]

Melting CFTKR Amish Quilt. One of my all time fav scents..... [smilie=cloud_9]

[smilie=th_smilies-1]

Well,

I absolutely adore Missy's Chocolate Godiva Tini. It was far and away the best of the tarts I tried from her. In fact, so far they were the best chocolate scented tarts I have tried from ANY vendor.

Although I don't really need any tarts right now, I was browsing her site, and saw that the Chocolate Godiva Tini tarts were on sale in the R.I.P. scents! I panicked, wrote her, and told her I would buy all she could make, and I did. (Just 20 of them). I suggested she really didn't discontinue that oil, and so any of you who love that scent may want to write her also and join the Chocolate Godiva Tini wagon!

I have lots of goodies melting and burning tonight. Going to be COLD....down to 28 degrees.....crazy for April 6th!!

Still burning GC Apple Spice candle, Tyler Warm Cinnamon Candle, and have a Scentsible Scents votive going in Apple Cellar. House is smelling GOOD!

[smilie=th_smilies-1]

i dug up some fabreeze scented tarts from missys and they are really strong. it must help for them to sit for a while. i'm sure the have been sitting for a month now.

Hi all. I just switched out from Busy Bee's Buttery Gingerbread to CYS Butterscotch Sugar Custard. I notice you are melting Butter Gingerbread too, Heart. Are you getting a good throw with it? Mine was going at least 1 hour and I wasn't getting much throw.

Hope everyone has a good night!

So far it is Pikake (melts) from Island Candle - they seem to be throwing well, but it is that musky old lady's closet smell that I don't like. (Who does? :shock: )

I think this would be good in a different scent - cute set, it came with a little melter and tealights.

Also melting a votive - B&BW - Slatkin Lilac Blossoms. It is not doing much, I think I need a smaller room. I have a coupon - need to find a strong B&BW scent! Opinions welcome!!

Still burning my GC Apple Spice candle, but added Can-Do's 'Baked Cinnamon Apples Oh My' to go with it. Also, in the BR is YC Cinnamon & Sugar. The two apple scents are travelling all the way to the bedroom and mixing nicely with the YC tart. Smells great!

debra, I've tried B&BW Fresh Linen and Dancing Waters in a tart. Both were strong and long lasting. I only use a 1/4 of a disk in my plug-in melter in the powder room. Small room, but I'm sure a whole disk would more than fill a larger room. I like Fresh Linen best, but I know others here (bigred, for one) really like Dancing Waters.

Tonight I'm melting Coconut Cake from LOL.

debra, I've tried B&BW Fresh Linen and Dancing Waters in a tart. Both were strong and long lasting. I only use a 1/4 of a disk in my plug-in melter in the powder room. Small room, but I'm sure a whole disk would more than fill a larger room. I like Fresh Linen best, but I know others here (bigred, for one) really like Dancing Waters.

Tonight I'm melting Coconut Cake from LOL.

Dancing Waters!!!

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]