The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

[quote="momuvtwo

I have Tuscadero's Pine Barons going for the second day right now and it's almost as strong as it was yesterday and just as nice a scent....This has to be one of Sandy's best ever!!

I totally agree about that scent from her. It is so good, and it just lasts and lasts!

Debra, I hope things work out for your aunt. What an awful situation. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

This morning it's Caramel & Cream Cafe from Front Porch.

Also chiming in with a Happy Birthday to Jayde, and a big welcome to darlingj1!!

I'm only melting Cranberry Peppermint from Tuscadero's right now......I'm leaving soon so I just put out my Home for the Holidays candle from Cheryl's (still trying to use this up from Christmas but it's lasting FOREVER)....

hmmm...Cranberry Peppermint sounds interesting. What's your opinion on it?

On a side note...I saw on CNN that USPS is considering cutting Saturday delivery. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I read about that in the newspaper at work yesterday. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Apparently the postal service lost a lot of money last year (who didn't??), and they're looking at ways to cut costs, cutting a day out of their service looks like a reality. I'm sure they're raise the rates of postage again too.

To keep on topic, I am melting Antique Lace & Fresh Laundry, both by GHBT's.

Antique Lace is very unique, and nice.

Today it's Sugar and Spruce from Candle Haven. Also Godess from Candle Haven. I think the one's that try Missy's Tempting Tarts are going to be in for a nice surprize! I need to make another order soon!

Also chiming in with a Happy Birthday to Jayde, and a big welcome to darlingj1!!

I'm only melting Cranberry Peppermint from Tuscadero's right now......I'm leaving soon so I just put out my Home for the Holidays candle from Cheryl's (still trying to use this up from Christmas but it's lasting FOREVER)....

hmmm...Cranberry Peppermint sounds interesting. What's your opinion on it?

It was pretty good, actually. A little out of season for me now but I'd order it next Christmas time.

I am currently melting my very first melt and it's called Lemon Blossom but actually smells more like lemon cookie but it is still a very nice scent, not too cloying or overpowering but strong nevertheless. I had to try JUST ONE (swear) of the GHBTs even though I know they are supposed to cure for a week and it is giving off a really strong throw right now as the scent is filling my whole house.

Good morning all, last night I melted EW Pink Cashmere. I was holding off melting that one, I thought it might be perfumey. No, it was great, I loved it, not anything like I thought.

Tarthouse, I love the Pink Sugared Violets too, its my favorite from Carol.

Debra, so sorry to hear about your Aunt, thats terrible.

Have a good day all!

Thanks everyone, for all your support - and I hope it is true about the karma thing!

Today is CandleDipper's Blue Lotus, a favorite.

I am currently melting my very first melt and it's called Lemon Blossom but actually smells more like lemon cookie but it is still a very nice scent, not too cloying or overpowering but strong nevertheless. I had to try JUST ONE (swear) of the GHBTs even though I know they are supposed to cure for a week and it is giving off a really strong throw right now as the scent is filling my whole house.

oh, are you supposed to wait on these a little? I just got mine yesterday and am trying 2 of them out already. They seem to be doing well so far.

Good morning everyone! I am distracting myself from distressing news by shopping, and have gone to the Missy's tempting tarts site, after placing an order at Angel Made Scents to take advantage of the free shipping. What kind of tarts has anyone tried from Missy's? The fancy shaped ones, the mini-muffins, or the plain scalloped? They are cheap, so I may have to try some of each, but I thought it would be worth asking! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Guest scentedstamper

Hi all! Just checking in for a second to see what's going on! Kind of busy today, so only melting CFTKR Country Spice and Bizzy B's Gourmet Sugar Cookie & Red Hots. Also lit a Yankee large 2 wick jar I got on sale before Christmas. It is Pomegranate Cider and it smells so good!!!

Have a nice afternoon! Oh, darlinj1, I hope someone else answers your question regarding Missy's. I wasn't sure either and just picked the single flower shaped ones for a small first time order. (it's on another post- can't remember where!)

Sheryl

Good Apple Friday afternoon to you all.

:shock:

Tiffany,

I specifically asked Grandma Linda about holding these tarts since they were soy, and she did recommend letting them cure for a week.

Melting:

Carmelized Apple Praline - CFTKR

Apple Grove - CFTKR

Butterxream Apple Crunch - LOL

and still going from last night Home Sweet Home - CBV

It smells APPLELICIOUS in here!

Taking a lunch break, but need to skedaddle back to working. I'll check in later!

Tried second tealights for CHC Red Velvet Cake. I was getting more wax than cake smell. Switched it out for Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies and French Crumb Cake both from Crosscreek.

I have been organizing tarts today and came across 6 CHC Lily of the Valley that I must have had for over a year. Just popped one in and it is starting to smell really good in here already. I also found some Crosscreek ones I didn't know I had. Guess it pays to organize once in awhile.

darling....I always get the flower shaped tarts.

debra...so sorry to hear about the situation with your Aunt. I hope everything get's worked out.

This afternoon I've got Cozy Christmas from AMS's in 3 melters. This is the BEST scent....got to order a big bag!

Good Apple Friday afternoon to you all.

:shock:

Tiffany,

I specifically asked Grandma Linda about holding these tarts since they were soy, and she did recommend letting them cure for a week.

Melting:

Carmelized Apple Praline - CFTKR

Apple Grove - CFTKR

Butterxream Apple Crunch - LOL

and still going from last night Home Sweet Home - CBV

It smells APPLELICIOUS in here!

Taking a lunch break, but need to skedaddle back to working. I'll check in later!

I've been ordering from GHBT's for awhile now and I havne't noticed a huge difference in letting them cure or not.....they are a parasoy blend, not just soy. That may make a difference.

I have been organizing tarts today and came across 6 CHC Lily of the Valley that I must have had for over a year. Just popped one in and it is starting to smell really good in here already. I also found some Crosscreek ones I didn't know I had. Guess it pays to organize once in awhile.
Good treasure find, Trep. It's fun to find a few forgotten melts, especially when they still smell strong and good.

I had CD Christmas in the Islands on but it wasn't for me.

Now I have more Pink Bayberries from Busy Bee.