The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Sorry to hear about your fender bender, Jules! I'm glad you weren't hurt and that there is minimal damage. This reminds me, yesterday I didn't want to drive to work due to the inclimate weather (I'm a chicken), so I decided to take a trolley to work. Well, the trolley took over 45 minutes to arrive (supposed to be every 15 minutes) and then when it did, we slid into the curb and got rear ended by a car! Finally, someone from work just came and picked me up from the site of the wreck! I had such an adventurous morning yesterday!

Doesn't that just figure, Jason? When you try to avoid danger...

I would have thought the trolly would be safer too. I'm glad you were okay too.

Oh,Jules: Glad you are o.k.. (What the H*** were they thinking)? Big Red: I am definitely one of the minority in this forum that goes for the woodsy, spicy, earthy and some fresh-herbal scents. Aria mentioned Blue Sugar-it is a great smell. I'm really into Evening Eclipse scents--definitely on the darker side. Their customer service needs improvement. Everyday Whims does have some great scents. Even the coffee with Santa is not girly at all. It's very nice and a BIG favorite here. Also, some more from EW are Fairy Forest, Nag Champa, Cinn. Sandalwood, Naughty Toddy. Also the Crackling Birch from Carol(CFTKR) is great, along with Cedar and Spice(one of my all time favorites), Euca. spearmint, Euca cedar. I'm sure I will think of some more. These are some that I really like.

Jules and Jason...so glad you are both ok!

I've still got Zucchini Bread from AMS's going. Still throwing scent like crazy! I have also added Sticky Buns from Kountry at Heart Kandles in the den. It is also wonderful!

Wow all you ladies seem to really love those bakery scents. Me. not so much as it would make me hungry and I don't want to be reading about all those scrumptious sounding candles that have no right to be anything but desserts (I have a big baked good weakness that I try to keep under control). [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

As a guy who likes candles I wanna hear about fresh scents and nice florals and earthy scents not the endless bakery stuff! [smilie=th_bb24]

Besides, if I wanted my house to smell like cake I would just bake one. This guy can cook! :P

DISCLAIMER - This post is a JOKE! I couldn't resist giving you all the business...I'm a funny guy. [smilie=th_a194]

LOL - Well, just as an FYI I'm all about the earthy/spicy/fresh scents myself - I rarely order bakery and when I do it's typically seasonal - Thanksgiving through Christmas and I occasionally order some type of cookie or confection scent for Valentine's Day. and I always melt a Birthday Cake scent for someone's birthday in my house. Otherwise, not a bakery gal.

Forgot my scents for the day: Melting Sandalwood from Almost Country right now (new vendor for me and the jury is still out), and upstairs day two of Winter Garden from Cheryl's (all soy version).

Good afternoon! Jason and Jules,so glad both of you are o.k. after your incidents

Today I'm melting Blue Gecko's Very Vanilla and Caramel Corn Crunch..Liking both of them!

Jules and Jason, glad you are okay!

My AMS order arrived today and I've got Cupcake burning...yummy! I was pleasantly surprised by the presentation of the tarts. WOW! So far I really like this company.

Jules and Jason--glad your accidents turned out to be minor.

Jason--sounds like you and I have the exact same weather. They keep saying it will snow this evening but I am hoping not.

For this evening it is Mainstays Gingerbread and Crosscreek Old Fashioned Banana Pudding.

Trep: We are getting a snow/sleet mix right now. We have around 3 inches on the ground and it is suppose to do this into tomorrow. Jason; I'm glad you are o.k. leave it to public transportation to get you there, late, and sort of in one piece. This evening's melts are Rosegirls- Celtic Moon and Nene's Egyptian Musk. I hope everyone has a good evening.

Hello! This is thr first time I have been able to get on the forum, but I must say I have bought many tarts based on what everyone on here has to say. I work at a high school, and melt tarts to cover the smell of stinky teenage boy. It is great though, they now love helping me pick out our "scent of the day." Today we had LOL Apple Dumpling, and holy cow is it strong!

Welcome, darlingj1! I agree that melts are perfect for disguising those less than desirable odors!

Jules and Jason, I'm glad no one was hurt. What a hassle, though. :)

For the evening, Heart & Home from Scentsy.

the SnickerCookie coffee is from a company here in Michigan called the Leelanau Coffee Roasting Co. I bought it at a local market, but it is available for purchase online....they have lots of delish flavors listed! Their coffee is very, very good. I get the whole bean and grind it.

Here is the link:

http://www.leelanaucoffee.com/

Aria - there are soooo many yummy sounding coffees on this site - thanks for posting it! So...details..details.....which ones have you tried that U would recommend? :)

This evening I have on CFTKR's Gourmet Chocolate fudge and upstairs LOL's Sugared Pumpkin Cookies....Yum! Have a nice night everyone and stay safe from the nasty weather that's going on.

Good Evening folks,

Well, the winter weather is even down here to Texas today. Remember me, the one who works at home? Not today! Ice storm, and the DD, who works for the same company that I do....wakes me up at 6:45 and begs me to drive into the office today, because she doesn't want to drive in the bad weather!

[smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign0009]

Isn't that supposed to be one of the perks of working from home....not worrying about crappy weather?

This should be me at 6:45 in the morning: :)

*LOL* Yeah, yeah, you know I got out of bed and drove us in. My boss looked at me like I was a few marbles short in my bag when I walked in.

So, tonight I am just starting to melt....and it is one of my brand new LOL tarts:

CELTIC MOONSPICE And I think I am in love!

Good evening! After reading the rave reviews of AMS's Gram's Zucchini Bread, I just had to melt it. I agree, it's a good one!

Nancy, the precip has finally moved out of here, but the sleet did finally turn to snow for a while. Be careful out there to everyone with bad weather!

Good Evening folks,

Well, the winter weather is even down here to Texas today. Remember me, the one who works at home? Not today! Ice storm, and the DD, who works for the same company that I do....wakes me up at 6:45 and begs me to drive into the office today, because she doesn't want to drive in the bad weather!

[smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign0009]

Isn't that supposed to be one of the perks of working from home....not worrying about crappy weather?

This should be me at 6:45 in the morning: :)

*LOL* Yeah, yeah, you know I got out of bed and drove us in. My boss looked at me like I was a few marbles short in my bag when I walked in.

So, tonight I am just starting to melt....and it is one of my brand new LOL tarts:

CELTIC MOONSPICE And I think I am in love!

I work from home and that IS one of the perks - But what a nice thing you did for DD [smilie=th_aa20]

I have Tuscadero's Pine Barons going for the second day right now and it's almost as strong as it was yesterday and just as nice a scent....This has to be one of Sandy's best ever!!

Good evening! I'm not sure what I have in the melter downstairs but I'm going to light it up, watch some TV and try to relax. Have a good night all!

the SnickerCookie coffee is from a company here in Michigan called the Leelanau Coffee Roasting Co. I bought it at a local market, but it is available for purchase online....they have lots of delish flavors listed! Their coffee is very, very good. I get the whole bean and grind it.

Here is the link:

http://www.leelanaucoffee.com/

Aria - there are soooo many yummy sounding coffees on this site - thanks for posting it! So...details..details.....which ones have you tried that U would recommend? :)

sweet&spicy, besides the Snickercookie, I have had the Leelanau Cherry and the Yule Cheer.....they are all very good....it's just really good cup of coffee! Cafe Glen Arbor is a really great blend too. I like the fact that it's made in Michigan....gotta support our local economy.

Tonight all I have going is a YC Sparkling Cinnamon jar......it smells really good and cozy in here.

All day today I have been enjoying melting Victoria's Angelina, it is such a wonderful scent. Put it on at 7 this morning and it is still giving me scent.

I would like to let all of you here at the forum in on a little discovery I made. You can put a sample in a 20W melter, leave it in there for an hour and it has absolutely no effect on the quality of the soap, nor does it compromise the scent of the soap. It just simply makes the soap a little hot. I have only tried this with a Candle Dippers cranberry marmalade soap, which looks very much like a sample tart, therefore cannot vouch for any other brand. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Since I just started melting a little while ago, I decided to go with LOL's Warm Banana Cake again. Good night all!

Well, now that I have a wonderful sense of the LOL Celtic Moonspice all alone, I have added

Cotton Blossom from CBV to the DD's bathroom and

LOL's Spiced Orange Cider to my bathroom.

I had given one of those to my friend in her package this weekend, and she raved about that one, so I wanted to try it for myself.

Time to settle down and see what DVR'ed tonight.

[smilie=th_12E9EC16]