The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

mamalana, hope your DD gets over that flu bug quickly....yucko! I had bronchitis last month and was terribly sick.....it took me several weeks to feel completely better!

momuvtwo, hope you get better soon too! Take care girl.

This afternoon I am melting a tart from my HoT holiday tart box....Herman, the Hanukkah Candle...lol....it smells pretty good....a mix of blueberry and hazelnut (I think...).

I also have my Warm Glow Nutmeg & Cream Chutney candle going.....this may be the last burn for it...there's only a little bit of wax left. I love the way that WG candles burn...very nice.

Gonna go make some [smilie=group_hug] ...have a great afternoon everyone!

Finally have a minute to get on the computer. I'm so glad I was able to come and stay with my parents for awhile. They both appreciate the company and help. I am starting to get a little tired; I get up with my dad about every 2-4 hours at night to check on him and get him a pain pill.

I hope everyone not feeling well is on the mend soon!

My mom is melting Lots of Lavender and White Tea and Cactus from Scentsy.

This afternoon it's Cinn Doughtnuts from Missy's Tempting Tarts.

I hope you feel better Mom...hope your DD feels better too Lana!

Nice to hear from you mpfand! And your mom has good taste in melts!

Today I started with an old LOL Snow Queen - which is woodsy. Later I added a Nutcracker Suite from Cozy Cottage - and I am not sure what it smells like. If you melted it, do you remember? I smell more woodsy - but it could still be the Snow Queen blending in from the back room... [smilie=group_hug]

Changed out my melts to lemon pound cake from Can-do. I love this one. When she re-opens i will be ordering a bag of this one. I put this one in at 12:30 and it's still going strong. In the other part of the house I have Spiced Cranberry going from CHC. This one and Cranberry Crumble are the only ones from CHC that has any throw for me. I'm not sure if I'm melting them on the wrong wattage or what.

Nice to hear from you mpfand! And your mom has good taste in melts!

Today I started with an old LOL Snow Queen - which is woodsy. Later I added a Nutcracker Suite from Cozy Cottage - and I am not sure what it smells like. If you melted it, do you remember? I smell more woodsy - but it could still be the Snow Queen blending in from the back room... [smilie=group_hug]

Nutcracker Suite had the longest scent description ever. It was: Get into the holiday spirit with Nutcracker fragrance! This fragrance is extremely complex and unique beginning with top notes of butter, almond, mandarin orange, lemon, herbaceous lime, and pineapple with nutty notes, maple, clove, cinnamon, spicy berry notes, sage, lavender, jasmine, and ozonic notes, with a dry down of creamy vanilla coconut, amber woods, cedarleaf, cedarwood, sandalwood, and exotic musks. You'll feel like you're at the Ballet watching the famous Nutcracker.

I don't remember how much of this I smelled. It was many melts ago, but I remember liking it.

Melting a chocolate something tonight. (too bad I can't eat it)

Also still have my candles going.

Guest Anonymous

Glad you could stop in mpfand! Your parents will be so appreciative of your help. How great that your mom is a melter, too! Tell your dad we all say hi! [smilie=th_bb41]

Hope everyone not feeling well is much better soon! [smilie=group_hug]

Just put on HOT's candy corn cupcake.

So sorry to hear about others who are under the weather, I hope everyone feels well soon....I'm hanging on but I feel just icky and worn out.

I don't know why I even bothered to scent the house today....But, I'm a die-hard after all!

Currently melting Crosscreek's Warm Winter Pleasures, and CFTKR's Crackling Birch........

Changed out my melts to lemon pound cake from Can-do. I love this one. When she re-opens i will be ordering a bag of this one. I put this one in at 12:30 and it's still going strong. In the other part of the house I have Spiced Cranberry going from CHC. This one and Cranberry Crumble are the only ones from CHC that has any throw for me. I'm not sure if I'm melting them on the wrong wattage or what.

I've never gotten a big throw from CHC, and I've tried different testing conditions [smilie=group_hug] (I sound like a mad scientist). The ones that seem to have the best throw are her fruity scents to me. Lemon Pucker & Christmas Tree have been the only ones I've tried that had any throw to them. The scents are very nice though! I doubt you are doing anything wrong.

Nice to see you mpfand. Sending the best to you and your family!

Still having a ball trying Busy Bee scents! Early evening melts are :

Busy Bee:

Strawberry shortcake (not too sweet with a good balance of cake scent)

Peppermint Kisses

Crosscreek: Java Twist

CP : Cappuccino (not sure if I like this one)

Can-Do: Peppermint (this one will last all evening)

sweet&spiceygrl - I love Hot's Candy corn Cupcake. So yummy!

I was melting HoT's Santa's Enchanted Forest all day and just switched over to LOL's Strawberry Wafer.

Add me to the sick club. A few hours ago my throat started really hurting. I've started taking lots of Vit. C and will add Zicam to the mix. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Feel better Monalissa and everyone who is ill!

Tonight I'm melting Front Porch's Blue Sugar (had to see what all the BS was about [smilie=group_hug]) as well as Kreations by Kathie's Spellbound and Black Amber Musk. Blue sugar has a good cold sniff, sure hope I enjoy it melted!

I hope that everyone felling unwell tonight feels better in the morning! Take good care of yourselves.

Mpfand - I'm glad you're spending time with your dad and got there safely. It sounds like your whole family is made up of scent fans.

I just started Vanilla Bean...yummy!

Our Candlefind board looks like this:

:lol: :lol: :P [smilie=th_bb41] [smilie=th_bb41]

Get well soon, all of you who are feeling yucky.

[smilie=th_e16]

[smilie=th_idontknow]

Juletones,

That is really, really cute what you just posted above. I hope everyone that is under the weather feels better very soon too.

Here's a nice cup of tea [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] for you guys and wishing you lots of rest, :lol:

(when possible)

(((((hugs)))))

Funny Jules! With all this crazy weather I hope I don't join the club!

Tonight it's Mimi's Kitchen from Melissa and also Maple Nut (I think) from Busy Bee's. They both smell wonderful! Have a good night all! [smilie=th_idontknow]

We're on a two hour delay for school tomorrow because it's supposed to snow. Currently melting YC cinnamon and sugar, EW very vanilla, chocolate brownie from Candles, melts, n more, and Marcie's kitchen spices from GHBT. Getting ready to drink a cup of sleepytime tea..... [smilie=th_idontknow]

Very busy long day! Hope everyone feels better who is sick, never fun:( I will say that the Kleenex laced with Vicks may just be the best thing to come along since the Kleenex! No joke.

I'm just put on EW's Banana Nut Bread, WOW it's strong, this melt is pumpin' like nobody's biz [smilie=th_idontknow]

Good Night All!!!

Is this becoming a contagious sick board? [smilie=th_e16] [smilie=th_idontknow] I do hope everyone feels better. It IS contagious buying our smellies from different vendors!

It surprises me that nobody is melting the scents that sometimes make sinuses, colds, flu, etc. a little more tolerable.

What? No EW~ No More Stuffy Head?

No Eucalyptus?

No Herbal Mint?

No Peppermint?

I'll keep a peppermint going for all of you. :lol:

Melting LOL ~ White Chocolate Peppermint

CFTKR ~ Eucalyptus

Busy Bee ~ Vanilla Peppermint

Can-Do ~ peppermint (still going strong from earlier)

Is this becoming a contagious sick board? [smilie=th_e16] [smilie=th_idontknow] I do hope everyone feels better. It IS contagious buying our smellies from different vendors!

It surprises me that nobody is melting the scents that sometimes make sinuses, colds, flu, etc. a little more tolerable.

What? No EW~ No More Stuffy Head?

No Eucalyptus?

No Herbal Mint?

No Peppermint?

I'll keep a peppermint going for all of you. :lol:

Melting LOL ~ White Chocolate Peppermint

CFTKR ~ Eucalyptus

Busy Bee ~ Vanilla Peppermint

Can-Do ~ peppermint (still going strong from earlier)

Heart, are you saying we could be buying tarts for "medicinal purposes"? Let me run that by DH and see if it'll fly. :lol: I've tried a lot of reasons, but this will be a new one. :lol: I llllllllllllike it. :P