The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

This evening we have a fire going downstairs. It's cold and the snow has finished coming down but I'm in the mood for a sweet fruity scent so it's Blushing Peaches for us. Upsatirs I'll melt Christmas Cravings after DD goes to sleep.

The Hot Orange Danish from CFTKR, was as promised by another member...a WINNER. I am loving it.

I have added CBV's Orange Keylime and it is nice and fresh and strong. It is in the daughter's bathroom, following the rule of "No Bakery" in her bathroom! *LOL* It compliments the Hot Orange Danish in the family room very nicely.

Today on this beautiful, almost 80 degree day I have Christmas Cookie by Yankee, and Holiday Spice by Everyday Whims (this was from a friend here at CF for my bday :)

Also have a candle going in the laundry room: Cotton Splash by Gold Canyon

Boys are watching the Jetsons on tv. Back to finishing up the laundry...it's never-ending!

:?

Just started pharaoh's gold from Carol.....don't think I like this one..too aftershavey..going to dump it. I've also got Melissa's white cake and vanilla hazelnut from Mama's Country Shed going.

Switched the pharaoh's gold out for NeNe's orange caramel cake and Bizzy B's cinnamon strudel and clementine spice.

PS: If anybody wants these pharaoh's gold tarts let me know...... :shock:

Hello,

I've got candles on tonight.

YC - Lavender Bliss

Voluspa - Patchouli & Pomegranate

Warm Glow - Butter Rum ( down to the last 1/2" of this one)

Good Evening Everyone. I hope all of those of you that are at battle with back problems get well soon.

I have been burning YC Orchard Pear and Apple wreath. I love both of these. But unfortunately I can only burn these on the weekends as they need to burn for at least 6 to 8 hours so they can burn evenly. I need to get the tarts so I can melt these whenever I want.

Have a great evening.

Fleur, LLVV, katzncandles and LIsa - I hope your back and neck pain goes away ASAP! Virtual hugs to you that won't aggravate your pain!

:shock:

Tonight it's snowing, and I don't have to work tomorrow - yay! So I'm melting some comfy bakery scents:

Amish Quilt, Celtic Moonspice, Cinnamon Noel Cookies and Graham Cracker, all from Crosscreek

Bear Claw from CFTKR

Have a good night everyone

I hope everyone having back and neck pain feel better! Just had a house full of company for dinner and it is time to relax. Melting EW Egyptian Moon. Hope it is a nice relaxing scent.

Aw, thanks mjclkc and friends. :lol:

DH and I were having a late dinner tonight, when my yummy Get Whipped Hazelnut Marhsmallow tarts started smelling more like wax was burning. At first I just sniffed around and asked DH to do the same. I wasn't sure if it was me or not....

We both smelled it, so I went into the living room to blow it out. It wasn't on fire, but the flame was 2-3 times wider and higher. It looked like there might be two wicks and now that I've blown it out I can see that there are. :shock: This is one of the last of my Yankee Candle tealights, which I will not purchase again. I've had trouble with a small number not starting out with a strong flame or being hard to relight and now this. They aren't worth the cost IMO.

I am glad there were no serious problems, monalissa - we are probably all lucky that we have not had more fire problems with all the flaming going on in our homes! :shock:

Today I was melting more from the Christmas basket, Christmas Eve. (Good for you for having the strength to put yours away, Jason!) It smelled so different than I was used to. Finally I realized that the 24w melter in the corner was still on with HoT's Christmas with the Cranberry's still eeking out a little scent. The 2 were pretty good together!

Tonight is Ginger Souffle from Sheba's and Iced Pineberry from Tarts Galore.

Fleur, if you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what your symptoms are? I've been suffering with back pain for around 2 weeks. One morning I woke up (just bought a new mattress today because ours is sagging) and my whole back hurt and it radiated to my hips. It's not a constant pain or ache but if I sit a certain way, lie flat on my back, or do a back bend I get pain (on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being like labor pains I'd say the pain in my lower back is around a 5 or 6). It was getting better, slowly, but after sleeping on my back last night I woke up with pain again.

LLVV... Mine is in the upper back/neck area. I have pain in my back radiating down my arm... with some numb fingers. The pain is definitely worse in the morning. Even with pain medication it does not go away completely. Compared to labor pains (being a 10), I would say at times this is at least an 7-8 (if not worse). The arm pain is the worst. It just throbs and wakes me up at night.

LLVV, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of the pain so it does not get worse.

Whenever I hear that somebody has pain in their arm, I think of the terrific pain I had in my left arm and hand when I was having angina (although at the time I didn't know it was angina). Is your pain in your left arm? Please be sure that you can rule out angina pain.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. You are all so sweet. I really miss checking in all the time. It has just been a rough week. I am hoping this turns a corner soon.

I"m having a Pink Sugared evening with CFKTR's Pink Sugared Lime, PInk Sugared Raspberries and Pink Sugared Strawberries. I moved all of the melters to the bedroom to keep me company while the boyfriend is visiting a friend. I love the way it is smelling in here!

Hi everyone! I had a busy day and didn't get to melt until now. More CFTKR.

Glazed Raspberry Danish: This one is delicious. You really smell the raspberry and you really smell a sweet danish! This scent delivers.

Wildberry Scone: More berry than scone, and lighter than Carol's best. Of course, that's not to say it's not good, still! It IS a Carol tart!

Good morning.....I'm catching the bug my husband had all week and I"m REALLY annoyed. I slept on the couch and practically quarentined myself to avoid this junk.

Anyway, I'm burning a Harvest Glow candle for work - Hazelnut Cappuccino. Kids are off school today and I really hope I don't feel worse later on so I can keep up with them (I promised them each a few fun activities for the day off). I'll be melting later.

Good Morning All. melting from Mookie Doodle Eucalyptus Spearmint, definately not a favorite of mine. Will get more started later on after I get back from running errands.

Starting the day with CFTKR Gingerberrie Wreath. It's pretty, just started so I'll have to wait a bit for a full report.