The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

Guest Anonymous

Unfortunatelly I am in love with beach/airy smells and none of them seems to have strong throw.

I find those type of scents to be strong. You have to try the Seaport Village from Mookie Doodle and the Salty Sea Air from Crosscreek.... Hmm.....I think the cactus and sea salt is a strong one too.

Those salty ones are so good. DH loves that type. And someone has a mountain air scent that is fantastic.

Guest Anonymous

I think the reason why I am not getting much throw from my tarts might be my burner. It works fine with the oils, but I think that for tarts the bowl is too high and too far from the tealigt. Sometimes it takes forever for the tart to melt. And it is hard to keep it melted because after like 2 hours when the tealigh is not so strong it hardens again.

I purchased it from Yankee as a tart burner but maybe more complact one would be better.

Yankee's burners are hit and miss. I am learning that myself. I find that their tealight burners all have the cup too far away from the bowl. I have had two of them like that so far.

Good thing is you can return it to the store and exchange it out. They are good about that.

I think the reason why I am not getting much throw from my tarts might be my burner. It works fine with the oils, but I think that for tarts the bowl is too high and too far from the tealigt. Sometimes it takes forever for the tart to melt. And it is hard to keep it melted because after like 2 hours when the tealigh is not so strong it hardens again.

I purchased it from Yankee as a tart burner but maybe more complact one would be better.

Yankee's burners are hit and miss. I am learning that myself. I find that their tealight burners all have the cup too far away from the bowl. I have had two of them like that so far.

Good thing is you can return it to the store and exchange it out. They are good about that.

thanks Rembran

I don't think I can return mine since I bought it more than a year ago.

I might try to get another one and see how that works. I have never tried electric one.

DesertRose - several of us have resorted to "stacking the tealight" in those tealight melters that are too tall - have you tried that yet?

I am also a fan of ocean/crisp scents -cactus and sea salt my current favorite (besides the YC Sun and Sand!)

Trep - what does the high tea smell like?

I have cinnamon vanilla going, need to decide on the other melter.

DesertRose - several of us have resorted to "stacking the tealight" in those tealight melters that are too tall - have you tried that yet?

I am also a fan of ocean/crisp scents -cactus and sea salt my current favorite (besides the YC Sun and Sand!)

Thanks debra.

How do you stak tealights?

Just put one on top of th other one? Of course the bottom one is unlighted.

the cactus and sea salt sound very good. What company are they from?

I am looking to try cactus scent as well as aloe vera and baby powder.

I am melting the Beachwalk right now and he throw is OK and I like the scent, but my bf just came home and told me to remove it from the room because it smells too soapy to him. Honestly if I wouldn't know that it is supposed to be beach I would guess it is mild laundry smell. :shock: But still like it a lot.

Desert Rose--I never liked my tealight burners at all until I started stacking the tealights and now I love them. I just take an empty tealight tin cup, turn it upside down and put the tealight I want to light on top. It works great--the wax melts and stays melted and you get a wonderful throw.

Also, you can return your burner to Yankee no matter how long it's been since you bought it. I think, though if you will stack your tealights you will be amazed--I sure was.

Debra--the High Tea is hard to describe. You can smell a very faint undertone of tea and then like cream and maybe a hint of fruit and flowers--unusual scent.

Guest Anonymous

thanks Rembran

I don't think I can return mine since I bought it more than a year ago.

I might try to get another one and see how that works. I have never tried electric one.

You are welcomed. I think you can return a yankee burner anytime- even after a year.

I see a few posts down about stacking tealight cups. That works too but I am too chicken to do it like that because I am scared of it falling off and catching fire.

I had a tealight burner in the kitchen a few months back. The metal cup of the tealight candle must have had a small hole in it and it leaked wax out and caught fire. Had wax, ashes and soot everywhere and it cracked my favorite tealight burner. After that I went back to electric and bulb ones.

Just be careful when you stack those candles. Especially if you have any pets that can accidently knock it down.

Guest Anonymous
this afternoon I have mixed blueberry with country berry hotcakes melts. it smells really good.

Susan

That sounds scrumptious. Good enough to eat.

Guest Anonymous

I love the sun and sand too. Cinnamon vanilla is another of my faves. Mmmmmm

Tuscadeero's celtic moonspice in the den and YC rice milk I just put on in the kitchen. This is a square chunk tart I bought at BB&B. i'm waiting to see if it has any throw. The cold scent is really good!

Guest Anonymous
Tuscadeero's celtic moonspice in the den and YC rice milk I just put on in the kitchen. This is a square chunk tart I bought at BB&B. i'm waiting to see if it has any throw. The cold scent is really good!

I always hear about that celtic moonspice scent and I need to try it. lol Everyone always raves about that scent.

Guest Anonymous

I was trying to go 'lemons' today - We ate at Sweet Tomatoes last night and they have a lemon theme going this month (lemon pasta, chicken lemon soup, lemon muffins, lemon lava cake). So, we began to crave lemons here! lol I have gone through CHC's Lemon Verbena and K's Kreations Lemon Drops. I have now switched them both out for Gramma Fran's Orange Blossom Special again.

Guest Anonymous
I was trying to go 'lemons' today - We ate at Sweet Tomatoes last night and they have a lemon theme going this month (lemon pasta, chicken lemon soup, lemon muffins, lemon lava cake). So, we began to crave lemons here! lol I have gone through CHC's Lemon Verbena and K's Kreations Lemon Drops. I have now switched them both out for Gramma Fran's Orange Blossom Special again.

Ooooh Yum yum yum. We don't have a sweet tomatoes here. We had Soup Plantation in Cali and I loved going there. I miss it.

I love lemon scents. mmmmm

Guest Anonymous

Good evening, friends [smilie=th_biggestgrin] I'm re-starting PI's Summer Bouquet in my tealight melter, and I have Sugar & Spice's Summer Fresh ready to go when that fizzles.

Fried Apricot Pie sounds like a good scent.

I'm melting strawberry jam

and burning Yc Juicy Orange

FMC Cafe Machiato

and PI Baby Powder in the loo

Spent part of the day testing tarts so now I can melt what i want.

For the overnight melt it is Cheryl's Fruity Patchouli in the kitchen burner and the 2 burners in the living room.

In the Comp room it is Lemon Bars from Can-Do. I am loving these really strong ones. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]