The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

Guest Anonymous
I had can-do's lemon cheesecake on in the living room earlier today, and it smelled great. But, I wanted a change, so when the tealight went out, I started the other melter with yc's pumpkin spice. Both are great scents.

Heidi, I started to light PI's Pumpkin Pie candle but my 6-year-old, who is home sick today from school, insisted I could definitely NOT light that fall candle in the spring......sheesh.

I had can-do's lemon cheesecake on in the living room earlier today, and it smelled great. But, I wanted a change, so when the tealight went out, I started the other melter with yc's pumpkin spice. Both are great scents.

Heidi, I started to light PI's Pumpkin Pie candle but my 6-year-old, who is home sick today from school, insisted I could definitely NOT light that fall candle in the spring......sheesh.

Too funny! I guess my kids are used to it, since I insist on pumpkin scents all year long. It's one of my favorites. They can handle most pumpkin scents, but they hate, hate, hate chocolate pumpkin from momma's. Sometimes I burn it just to spite them. Ha Ha Ha! I'm such a mean mom. [smilie=th_jaja]

Today I am melting LOL and I don't remember how it goes if it is Caramel Green Apples or if it is Green Apples Caramel. Whichever way it is it smells so wonderfu.

I tried this the other day.It is Green Apple Caramel Crunch and was sent to me as a sample with my LOL order. My kids came running soon after the scent started to fill the house to ask what it is..I think they liked it, too , as I could tell they were licking their chops. [smilie=th_jaja]

Good Afternoon all. I want you all to know I was actually in the Yankee store today and I didn't buy a thing. Of course, I was looking at pictures of the new beach stuff that they were getting ready to put out. There are some really cute things. I will go back on Saturday and see what I might want. I want to get a better look at this sand castle tealight burner--it may have to come home with me. I did buy a beach house Yankee tealight burner and 3 tarts at Bed Bath and Beyond--I am trying it out now.

For the evening I have K's Kreations Raspberry Zinger, YC French Vanilla, and YC Black Raspberry going. They should blend pretty well. You all have a great evening.

The new tealight burner is working great--it is part of the new spring line, too but won't be in Yankee stores. It is a beach house--they had matching electric burners and votive holders, too, plus a cute bicycle tealight holder--really cute for summer. This, as I said, was at B, B and Beyond.

Good Afternoon all. I want you all to know I was actually in the Yankee store today and I didn't buy a thing. Of course, I was looking at pictures of the new beach stuff that they were getting ready to put out. There are some really cute things. I will go back on Saturday and see what I might want. I want to get a better look at this sand castle tealight burner--it may have to come home with me. I did buy a beach house Yankee tealight burner and 3 tarts at Bed Bath and Beyond--I am trying it out now.

For the evening I have K's Kreations Raspberry Zinger, YC French Vanilla, and YC Black Raspberry going. They should blend pretty well. You all have a great evening.

The new tealight burner is working great--it is part of the new spring line, too but won't be in Yankee stores. It is a beach house--they had matching electric burners and votive holders, too, plus a cute bicycle tealight holder--really cute for summer. This, as I said, was at B, B and Beyond.

Have fun with the new melter... your scents for the evening sound delicious!

Guest Anonymous

Melting candles from a company on E-bay called HeavenScent soy.. I won 5 votives for $1.81 and free shipping... Can't beat that and they smell great! [smilie=th_jaja]

Started out the day with Cobblestone's meditteranean fig..very light throw. I then switched to Tuscadero's chestnuts and brown sugar...smells like butter. I also have some Yankee votives going...found them in the bck of a cabinet.

I got my HoT order today!

Needless to say, I'm trying them out!

In the kitchen I have White Fudge Cookies - VERY strong and permeates the entire living area. I had to put out the YC Lilac candle I had going in the living room as the combo left a lot to be desired! I'm not sure about this one. I like it, but it's almost too sweet ~ and that certainly isn't usually an issue for me. It might be just that the initial scent is so strong. I have a feeling I'll be quite happy in a couple of hours.

In the bedroom I have Cotton Candy Clouds. Again... VERY strong and very sweet. I do like this but I think that the next time I melt it, I will use half a tart! Holly surely does NOT hold back on her scents!

For my blue, I have YC Ocean Water wafting throughout the bathroom, but I'm keeping the door closed so that it doesn't mingle with the other scents.

Guest Anonymous

Dabba, I've had Chestnuts and Brown Sugar from another vendor and it's VERY buttery indeed - I happened to like it a lot at Christmas time [smilie=th_jaja]

Right now I have CHC's Vanilla Grapefruit going in my new melter (the Market Day from Jackel) - LOVE this one.....it's perfect in my kitchen! I ordered the matching tealight melter as well so Trep and I seem to be having fun with new toys today :shock:

I'm off to a meeting at the school tonight (previewing the 6th grade 'Human Growth and Development unit' - oh joy) I'm planning to put on a very calming scent to walk into when I come home! I'm not ready for my son to be this age! lol

Dabba, I've had Chestnuts and Brown Sugar from another vendor and it's VERY buttery indeed - I happened to like it a lot at Christmas time [smilie=th_jaja]

Right now I have CHC's Vanilla Grapefruit going in my new melter (the Market Day from Jackel) - LOVE this one.....it's perfect in my kitchen! I ordered the matching tealight melter as well so Trep and I seem to be having fun with new toys today :shock:

I'm off to a meeting at the school tonight (previewing the 6th grade 'Human Growth and Development unit' - oh joy) I'm planning to put on a very calming scent to walk into when I come home! I'm not ready for my son to be this age! lol

Oh dear. Good luck, Mom!

trep - there must be some type of award for just walking away from that Yankee store!

Mom - I feel for you! Glad those days have passed in this house - and we all lived to tell about it! [smilie=th_jaja]

Tonight will be Colonial Teak...nice and woodsy!

LOL momuvtwo...a colleague of mine has a 14 year old son who recently completed a sex ed class. She came to me appalled because he told her he knew he was supposed to wait till marriage, but he wanted to see what it was like, and he was going to "do it" as soon as he got the chance to. [smilie=th_jaja]

Trep, I am amazed at your ability to walk out of the Yankee store empty-handed! I popped in to L N' T's today to see if there were any tarts I absolutely couldn't live without, but I too was able to get out of there without buying anything. Still taking a break from tarts to burn my candles, but am enjoying reading about everyone's melting adventures!

I was amazed myself that I made it out of Yankee empty handed--just wait until Saturday, however, I am sure it will be a different story.

This morning I have YC Midnight Jasmine going upstairs and down. I have developed a system here lately where I get two of each of my Yankee scents and arrange them on my stand for each day of the week. Each morning I put the same scent upstairs and down. By mid afternoon I dump them and put on things from other companies--usually different scents that go together. This way I am not neglecting my Yankees which I've had longer, and still get to try new stuff every day. So far it is working.

You all have a great day.