The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

I switched some scents for this afternoon and evening.

Left the chocolate from PI going

added:

SH - Orange Chiffon Cake (2 melters)

HoT - Pumpkin Apple Butter in the br

Hi All!

Things have calmed down here. I have a pot of turkey, pumpkin, and black bean chili cooking. I'm melting Carol's Winter Cabin downstairs. It's a really nice vanilla but not a bakery vanilla. It reminds me of Sparkling Vanilla but a little less cookie like and more romantic smelling. It's not overpowering either so I'm really enjoying this one and am glad that I got a large bag of it. I just started Winter Plum Jelly but the melter is cold so it will take a while to melt this one.

Debra...sorry to read about your kitty [smilie=th_allah] The purr-choili from this morning is still going strong, so I just switched the bedroom melter to cinnamon and clove buds from Suds and Light. [smilie=th_teks0311]

On this nasty wet night I am sticking with candles.

YC Spiced Pumpkin

Kathy Ireland Caramel Pecan Crumb Cake (love this one!)

YC Vanilla Cookie (a retired scent I have had for ages) Hope it still throws!

Guest stardustgirl

Heart - let us know if the 34 watt just really kicks out the scent better than the 24watts.

The Spotted Hog Jack O'Lanterns Glow has faded away (it was nice, a meduim-ish throw) and my B&BW Caramel Pumpkin candle burned its last, so I've moved on to firing up my first-ever Gold Canyon jar (more contest booty!) in Mulled Harvest, along with the last bit of my CBV Maple Butter Pumpkin Frap candle.

More melts later after the bowl cools. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Tonight I've got on Mimi's Kitchen from Melissa. Smells really good. Hope everyone's week is better next week! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Guest Anonymous

Debra - that's funny! Maybe tranquil sleep was a little counter productive? [smilie=th_teks0311]

Getting a late start tonight, but couldn't let a day go by without melting something. Just put on GHBT's harvest spiced apple.

Guest Anonymous

I got my LOL order last night, so tonight I'm melting Fruit Loops can I say FANTASTIC!

mseamons - did you order from LOL during the sale? Seems like she is flying through orders!

I have HoT and GHBT's Pumpkin Apple Butter going. I mostly smell HoT's version since I am in the living room. I like it!

Good things today:

Cinnamon Raisin Bread candle - Angie's. I finished this one up - very yummy scent!

Mandarin Plum - AJ's Country Cottage.

Blueberry Muffin - Aromasoy. I had to turn this one off at work - too strong for the area.

Black Cherry - Abundascents.

Guest Anonymous

Monalisa- Yes, I did order during the sale, I thought that I got it pretty fast too!!

My Winter Plum Jelly is starting to fade out so I'm trying to decide if I want something new or if I'm just going to wait until tomorrow. I think this was the first plum scent besides Rhubarb Plum that I've ever liked. It's more of a bakery scent with some fruit added than strickly a fruit scent. It smelled sort of like what I imagine a plum pudding to smell like.

Last melt of the night is Perfect Pumpkin Pie from Spotted Hog. This is really good. Reminds me a lot of For the Love of Pumpkin from EW.

Hey everyone, tonight I'm melting EW's Country Berry Hotcakes, nice scent, ok throw, and Carol's Pink Noels, that one I've just started, so I'll let you know tomorrow how that one is.

I am waaaaaay excited ! Tonight my husband asked me to get some harvest YC melts for Thanksgiving I in return got those and tealights for the event. While I was there the lady asked if I was buying jars tonight. I told her no that I was going to take advantage of the buy 12 for 18 dollar event that I would wait on a coupon. She took me aside and said I could use her friends and family discount for half off all wax tonight. WOW! I bought a large sugared plums, med. jack frost med. gingerbread, gingerbread illumalid and 12 tarts for 58 and change. That's with the tax. I am so excited because a lot of you had a coupon I did not have for buy 2 get 2. Oh yeah, the tealights too.

Cheryl

I LOVE generous people. Spread the generosity.

Heart - let us know if the 34 watt just really kicks out the scent better than the 24watts.

[smilie=th_biggestgrin]

No doubt that this 34 watt kicks out scents better than any melter I have! The cool thing is that you can start it at 34 and bring it down to make it last longer. Some wax I have that tends to have a faint burning smell at first doesn't with this melter since you have so much control over the wattage with the dimmer switch. I hope they start making more sizes and styles in these melters. It's great having the generous size bowl with it. I must get more of these!

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch, Apple Bruleè from CFTKR

Tropical Explosion from Candle Haven.

The Apple is in the 34 watt now at about 30 watts, and it is still hovering over the other scents. I'm totally sold on the throw of this melter now since Tropical Explosion is super strong and the apple scent is the predominant scent by far in this 11x17 room.

:lol:

Good morning! Last night I started and will finish off later on today Carol's Christmas Cabin. This one reminds me a lot of YC's Autumn Gold. It smells like Cranberry but not a sweet kind of cranberry. Very nice scent. I'll also finish off Winter Cabin which is another great one!

Cheryl, wow you lucky duck! I bet you had a ton of fun shopping!