The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Guest Anonymous

thanks, trep...I do like cantaloupe so maybe I will try the YC...I had burned green tea and cucumber in the welcome home YC line - I could barely smell it...I have a hard time smelling most of the welcome home scents - I am not sure if it is because the jars are open to the air and kind of old, or whether the scents are deliberately more faint...after trying about a half dozen of those, I gave up.

and I tried a bunch of juicy tarts and votives, [smilie=th_bb20] but not watermelon....figures...

Guest Anonymous

Started with YC Vanilla Caramel downstairs this morning and four hours later dumped it because I could barely smell it even standing right next to it. So switched to Chunky Euc/Spearmint and it is a deent thrower and helping soothe my sinus headache a little.

Upstairs I am on my second full day of WnS Blue Sugar. I haven't had much luck with longevity on WnS but this little tart is still going strong on its second day. The first day it scented my entire 2600 sq ft house. On the second day it is a little weaker and is only scenting the entire upstairs. And this is in a 14W burner. Not sure if this scent is for eveyone but man is it strong!

Also burning my Cobblestong Lemongrass and Sage. I burned it a little right after receiving and there was no throw so I set it aside to cure. It is doing much better today and throwing quite well. I really do want to put an order in for Cobblestone soon.

mommy - is the sage noticeable or is it mainly a lemongrass? I have been looking at that scent. I did order some tarts from Cobblestone, but forgot to get that one, and I wish I had.

Guest Anonymous

Debra and mpfand - When you get your new NW burners would you please look and tell me what the wattage is? I emailed them, but have gotten no response. Thanks.

Debra and mpfand - When you get your new NW burners would you please look and tell me what the wattage is? .

The candle warmer tart burner combo is supposed to be 24w...but will take a peak and be sure when I get it.

Guest Anonymous
The candle warmer tart burner combo is supposed to be 24w...but will take a peak and be sure when I get it.

Sorry. I missed that in the description. Thanks Debra.

[smilie=th_bb20]

Guest Anonymous

Ah, all the enabling that goes on around here brings tears of joy to my eyes!

I just put in Gramma Fran's Cookie Jar and Home Sweet Home (separate melters). I have an order from here I am wanting to finish up.

Pink Sugar from Lemon Bay - yum, it's fabulous!

Warm Vanilla Sugar from Cozy Cottage...not getting much there.

I put on YC's Country Linen in the bedroom and Autumn Leaves in the living room. I almost forgot how much I LOVE Autumn Leaves! In my top ten favorite scents ever. I picked up one of those Cinnabon candles a few of you were talking about at Wal-Mart today while grocery shopping. I will light it in the kitchen a little later. Can't wait to see how it does!

One of my sll time faves YC autumn leaves is melting in the kitchen, and one of my all time fave candles...jasmine and fig (don't know who the maker is, but I get them from Steinmart) is going in the den! [smilie=th_bb20]

Heidi, I am not very good at describing scents, particularly this one, as it really is a unique fragrance in my opinion. The official YC description is this: "A vibrant medley of birch and maple leaves with pomegranate, juniper berry, and orange blossom." It's very fresh and outdoorsy and autumn-y! I'm sure that didn't help, but you should try it!

I see that some of you have ordered a warmer from NorthWest. I'm considering doing that also as I think it's time to try the plug in variety!

Now ~ has anyone thried their candles? I don't find a review and I would like to give it a try. Any suggestions or recommendations on scents from there?

Thanks!

Doris

Hey, any excuse to get out of the house without 4 kids is fine with me. LOL! I wish I had a YC store, though. I think the closest one is about 45 minutes away from me.

Oh, and I just started burning strawberry jam from brown bag candles, and it smells good enough to eat!

Good Evening all-

Finally I get to sit down for a minute-and just a minute as Survivor is starting in a few and it is one of the only shows I watch on TV...

I am melting Lovespell this evening and a Sweetheart Tart from Dew Drops! Yummmmmm......

Candlefan & Dabba - ditto on the YC Autumn Leaves!! Definitely one of the best ever. I've bought it every year since it came out. It's funny because I didn't really like it at first, but it grew on me and now it's an all-time fave of mine.

Heidi, it may be a good thing - for your bank account - that your nearest YC store is so far. I live only about an hour+ away from the original YC flagship store in Deerfield, MA - it is HUGE and at times they run shuttles from the parking areas - plus there's a smaller mall store about five minutes from where I work. Unfortunately this proximity has resulted in my spending hundreds of dollars there...although now that I've branched out into online vendors I spend MUCH less on YC.

Tonight I'm burning Angie's Brown Sugar Pecan (only 3 left of this one) and an old YC Pumpkin Pie that I found in the back of the candle shelf. Not much throw to this one, but it's getting late anyway.

[smilie=th_bb20]

Guest Anonymous

I have caramel cream brulee going in my living room, love spll in my kitchen, and white tea and ginger again. All of my favorites today!

:)

karla

[smilie=th_bb20]

Candlefan I too bought the cinnabon from WM. I don't usually buy candles from Wal-Mart or what my kids call Stuff-Mart but couldn't resist the package/jar/smell of the all time deliciousness of Cinnabon. Haven't burned it yet, let me know if you do and I''ll do the same.

I'ts oatmeal cookies and cozy cabin for me tonight.

I don't remember burning YC Autumn Wreath but I'll try it soon. Store is about 30 mins. away and I haven't been about a month. Roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous
Patsy, not sure if I can help...I just highlight (with the mouse) and hit the word "quote" in the top of the box that I have just done the highlighting in - not the one clear at the top...is that different than what you have tried? Hope this helps! [smilie=th_bb20]

Trying it now, Deb. Thank you. :)

Hooray! It worked. Hope Karla reads your very clear instructions. Thanks again, Debra.

[smilie=th_bomb]

I think I finally got it!! Whooo Hooooo!!!

:)

karla