The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

October's Haunting Fragrances

Good luck with the drums, Jules! We got my son, Cole (9), an electric guitar for his birthday, and now I feel like I'm living with Slash. [smilie=th_insane]

So far this morning, it's autumn afternoon from keona. I just started it, so there's really no big throw yet, but I'm hopeful. What I do smell is really nice.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

Guest stardustgirl

Happy birthday to your son, Jules. Drums! Don't forget to gift everyone else in the house with earplugs or an iPod. [smilie=th_insane] The guy working on the house is a drummer. There have been many, many drummer jokes around here.

Rainy and gloomy today:

CBV Spiced Pumpkin Chutney candle burning

CBV Maple Butter Pumpkin Frap candle burning

Candle-Licious peppermint getting ready to melt since I'll probably have to put out the candle in here. Trim is going to have to be cut indoors today and sawdust with an open flame seems like a not-good idea.

It's also a cold rainy day here today in Tennessee. Just started Nene's Honey Grahm Pie Crust. Already kickin'!! [smilie=th_insane]

Good morning!

Drums, Jules? Wow, you're one brave woman! [smilie=th_insane] Just remember that when he's a famous drummer one day how you got him started on his road to stardom.

This morning I'm melting Vanilla Bliss and finishing up last night's Pumpkin Apple Cake.

How fun Jules...a drum set! Heidi, now you are REALLY brave! My DH plays an acoustic guitar (very nicely I might add), but he also has an electric that he rarely plays(Thank heavens...I am too old for that volume). That is so great that both of you Moms are giving your sons such a great outlet. [smilie=th_insane]

Last night's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie from Crosscreek is finishing out (so yummy and long-lasting).

Icing my melters for today's scents now.

Happy Friday!

Jules - happy birthday to your son and good luck with the drums - perhaps some time you can find him a copy of Gene Krupa's solo while playing with Benny Goodman's Orchestra (I don't know when -- maybe 1938? Certainly long before all of you and even me were born.) in the middle of "Sing, Sing, Sing." It is one of the best drum solos ever recorded and great fun to listen to.

Patsy [smilie=th_insane]

I was in the mood for candles today, so I've got Illuminations jar in Apple and Oak and an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Jar in my living room. As well as some half melted votives in various scents throughout the apartment for lighting. Very damp, cold day here in IL. Hope to see the sun tomorrow!

Drums? [smilie=th_insane]

This morning is Soy Indulgence Starfruit and Mango. We have a ways to go to get to Thanksgiving - I need to clear out the cinnamon and nutmeg before I hit overload.

Thanks for all the drumming encouragement. I think? I'm relieved to know that in about two years? it'll start to sound good. [smilie=th_LA839B1117] Slash! that's too funny.

It really IS a great outlet for him, and he needs that.

Today's scent:

TS - Sunflower in two melters

Have errands to do so putting on the electrics. Its YC Spiced Pumpkin (not a very strong thrower) and Everyday Whims Country Berry Pancakes (I really like this one!!)

[smilie=th_LA839B1117]

First chance I have to come here and say HI today! Been busy cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry (bed linens mostly), and vacuuming. I've also been melting in between all of this.....lol.....

Vanilla Bean Supreme ~ Almost Country (very good)

Grandmas's Zucchini Bread ~ Bella's (my fave from this vendor, it's too bad I'm not ever ordering from there again)

Fresh Baked Cookies ~ Dew Drops (yum!)

Cranberry Zucchini Bread ~ CFTKR (yum, yum!)

I think that's about it...I have these spread out around the house and it smells so good!

Been doing [smilie=th_lavarepiatti] and [smilie=th_LA839B1117] all morning. Finally got around to changing the melters. Marshmallow Monster and Candy Corn; both from Cozy Cottage, both smell great!

Guest Doe

My daughter got paid today so she stopped by Yankee and picked me up a holiday 3 pk of votives with a snowman ornament on top ( so sweet of her). So I am burning Pomegranate Cider and Home Sweet Home votives and still have Busy Bee 7 up pd cake going in the melter. House smells so.... good!!

Right now I'm melting Cinnamon & Balsam. My stew is stewing on the stove so the house smells like fall.

Added Candy Jar from Cozy Cottage in my son's room, Vanilla Sprinkles from Busy Bee in my daughter's room and Vanilla Silk, also from Busy Bee, in the MB. Sure does smell good in here!

Home for the evening and in the mood for my candles.

YC Spiced Pumpkin

YC Harvest

PI Pumpkin

Just came back from Yankee Candle. They finally had the Christmas tarts. I got Sparkling Snow, Eggnog, Jack Frost, and Cafe Au Lait. I got a large 2 wick Buttercream. I think I will return my 1 wick Buttercream for another 2 wick. I love the 2 wick. The sales woman told me they are much stronger because they burn hotter. I also have an old Sugared Plums that she said I can return for a new one because mine tunneled. That is such a great scent. Yankee's customer service can't be beat.

Katz, I also love Cedar & Spice. It's a great cold weather scent.

I'm going to melt Hot Buttered Popcorn in the bedroom tonight.

Have a great night!