The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Guest Doe

Had to go to Florida my mom who is 83 is in the hospital so haven't melted anything the last three days, came home and my box from Can- Do was here so I am melting Whipped cream and honey dew. Wonderful throw and scent def a reorder for me!

Heidi -- Happy Birthday to your Seth!

LLVV -- Thanks, that sounds like something I should check out.

Doe -- I hope everything is better with your Mom.

I put on LOL's Frosted Cupid Cupcakes, which I love, a little while ago. Also have Bella's Provocative Vanilla on in the bathroom.

Today flew by and it looks like I missed a lot here. We took the boat out and pulled the kids around on an innertube. We had a fun day. The weather is still beautiful even with Fay threatening our coast. (the calm before the storm)

Happy Birthday to little Seth.

Monalissa, YC used to have a patchouli scent called Witches Brew. I didn't really dig that one but last year they tweaked it a little bit and named it Purr-Chouli. I don't know what they changed in it but definately something. I think perhaps there is a subtle sweetness to it like a very faint candy and the leaves description is perfect. Last year I picked up a couple of the tarts simply because they were black and matched my Halloween tartmelter. I didn't rush to melt it because I was expecting the old Witches Brew. By the time I finally tried it it was sold out. This year I got mine early. [smilie=th_happy096]

It's worth a try even for patchouli haters.

This evening I'm getting spicy again with Colonial - Cardamon ; PI - Herb Garden ; Circle E - Orange patchouli ; Greenhouse Soy - Patagonia

Guest Anonymous
I got my first order from the tart shoppe on ebay. I got mountain lake and sweet cream and I can't say enough about these tarts. they are just awesome. This mountain lake scent is the best ever. IT IS SUPER STRONG, clean and just fabulous. I AM LOVING THESE TARTS. the sweet cream are equally strong and fabulous. [smilie=th_happy096]

I haven't ordered from the Tart Shoppe yet - only the regular website (Front Porch)....If you have ordered from both do you find any difference in TAT? It looks like ebay has lower shipping.....I love that Mountain Lake scent too, BTW :lol:

This morning's melts are Pure Integrity Lilac and PI Herb Garden

and an old favorite jar candle scent from Colonial - Orange Flower & Musk.

(I found the big 22oz jar at BB&B for $10.99

How do you like that Herb Garden, Juletones?

I really like this one from PI. It has a floral note to it but more masculine - not all flowery and pink. Its very smooth and deep and green.

Popped in Tuscadero's Banana Nut Bread. Not too much banana, more of a nut bread scent, but it still smells good enough to make me hungry!

Hope Seth had a great day, Heidi!

Visited the YC store today so of course I had to come home and try some out. In the kitchen & LR it's Cinnamon & Sugar and upstairs in the loft it's Brazilian Passion Fruit.

Hope your mom gets better soon, Doe.

Melted up some Ugly Duckling things today. Black Cherry - very little scent throw, despite using several tarts. Banana Nut Bread - these were very cute tarts, but no scent throw to speak of.

Warm Impressions: Energizing Citrus - not much throw there. Apple Cinnamon - a bit better with scent throw. Mostly red apple with a little bit of cinnamon.

Cottage Hill's Cedar & Saffron was really good. Great scent throw.

Melting Paradise Island this evening-strong enough to blow me out the door!

Where do you get your Paradise Island Cat? After Lessie closed, I have been ordering the brittle from Pure Scents, and it is just as good as Lessie's was. I am always ready to try another vendor's Paradise Island!

I have several scents going now, but in the computer room here I am melting CFTKR's Sugared Spruce. I can't smell it yet, but I thought I would give one of her scents a try again. I am amazed how much everyone loves her scents on this forum!

[smilie=th_hmph]

Ruby Red (WnS) - good, bitter grapefruit.

Buttermilk Pancakes (Winter Garden) - very good and yummy. Shouldn't have done this, because now I want pancakes.

Good morning everyone. Last night I put Apple Brulee from CFTKR on. I will start melting that again while I get the kids ready for school....I can't believe summer vacation is over already for us! Have a great day!

Sharon