The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Juletones

New tart addict

Hi All,

Well, up until 3 days ago I had never even heard of tarts. I had been living happily in my own little White Barn candle world with no need to venture out. I had stocked up on enough of my favorite candles during sales that as scents were discontinued and the store eventually went out of business, I was able to carry on burning my favorites for quite a long time. My stockpile has just started to get low enough (only 16 left) that I had to start to look for a White Barn replacement - which is how I ended up here.

And OMG - I feel like I've hit the mother lode!!! In the past 3 days, I have pored over and read every post on the forum, ordered 4 tart burners/melters, made a wishlist that includes about 200 scents from 26 different vendors, learned all kinds of new terminology, talked to Carol from CFTKR 3 times, placed 3 tart orders with 2 more in the works, started a 'winter' scent list which I know I'll need to order by the end of Sept. (I think I'll be a seasonal melter), created a spreadsheet to rate and keep track of my tarts, and put myself on lockdown. Wow, this is so much fun, and I don't even own a single tart yet!

I feel like I know everyone here already and am really looking forward to joining in. I just want to add that my favorite candle scents are Fig, and Gingerroot (both Henri Bendel) and Tranquil Mint, and Shore Breeze (both B&BW).

ana

Welcome Ana! Wow, you've got it bad. Welcome to the tartaholics club. Don't feel bad about your new addiction...you're in great company. We've all been there (and still are). Have fun! By the way, Carol is a sweetheart! One of my favorite places to buy from.

LOL! Ana. I loved reading your introdution. It sounds like you are for sure at the right place!! Welcome!

Anna, welcome, I haven't been here too long either, and THESE GIRLS ARE A BAD INFLUENCE FOR SURE!!!!! You're gonna love it here, I do!

HI Ana, welcome! I am pretty new here too!! You are going to LOVE the tarts!! After reading the forum for one day I decided I had to order from a few different vendors instead of Yankee candle. I can't wait to get them! I plan on making a spreadsheet, too! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would make a spreadsheet for my tarts :lol: Have fun!!

Sharon

Guest tammye

Welcome. Sounds like you have found a great place to replace your loss. You will find all kinds of new places to try and will have lots of fun sharing on here. From the sounds of it you have jumped right in like the rest of us.

:lol:

That is a great way to intro yourself-too funny! Have a fabulous time starting this new venture. There are so many places to try-here's a good way to find your favorite fragrance: just google the candle scent-you will come up with vendors like crazy! It's a fun way to try new vendors! Glad you've officially joined us!

[smilie=th_yeahthat] Glad you joined! This forum is so much fun, and almost as addicting as the reason we are all here: tarts and candles!

Guest Anonymous

[smilie=th_e16] Ana! Your post reminded me of how I felt when I first found candlefind and saw page after page of candle vendors to choose from......gotta love that! :lol:

If you're excited about new candle vendors.....wait'll you catch the B&B fever. Even MORE wonderful scented goodies to choose from! :shock:

[smilie=th_create]

Ana, let me know how you like your order from Carol. I just placed my first order with her this morning. I ordered 2 samplers, First Day of Summer, and Blueberry & Melons. Can't wait to try them!

Guest stardustgirl

LOL! Welcome, ana! I'm getting ready to take the tart plunge. I'm a longtime candle-holic, but figure there's always more ways to enjoy scent.

This group is the most enabling bunch I know!

[smilie=th_ecd36868]