The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Good morning! It's been a little crazy around here this morning. My puppy, Otis, has been a very bad boy, so he's taking a little time out. I am sooooo ready for him to be a grown dog. I love babies (why I had 4 of them), but puppies drive me nuts. He's not usually so mischevious, but today he must be in a mood. He broke down the baby gate blocking him from the upstairs, spilled an entire cup of koolaid all over the place, and broke the cord for our mp3 player. The rest of the day has to be better, right?

On to the tarts....

sparkling champagne cake from mookie doodle in the computer room

coconut lime verbena from missy's tempting tarts in the living room

I'm still trying to decide what I want in the other rooms

I hope you all have a great day! Hopefully my sanity will still be intact by the end of it. LOL!

I understand! I got up thismorning and our puppy had gotten a roll of toilet paper and chewed off little bits of it all over the house! :shock:

What is it with dogs and paper? Otis loves to dig through the trash can in the computer room, and procede to chew up any paper he can find, and drag it all over the house. Ugh! At least he's cute, right? That's his only redeeming feature at the moment. LOL

What is it with dogs and paper? Otis loves to dig through the trash can in the computer room, and procede to chew up any paper he can find, and drag it all over the house. Ugh! At least he's cute, right? That's his only redeeming feature at the moment. LOL

My dog steals underwear and socks and chews them... without being too graphic... they have been known to come out of both ends of her... :shock:

I'm melting Caramel Apples from Cottage Hill Creations.

I enjoy the puppy stories. My dog is about four years old and she is a big couch potato. I truly believe that she is the laziest dog I've ever had. Oh well - I'm not exactly energetic myself.

I'm melting Caramel Apples from Cottage Hill Creations.

I enjoy the puppy stories. My dog is about four years old and she is a big couch potato. I truly believe that she is the laziest dog I've ever had. Oh well - I'm not exactly energetic myself.

I can't wait until my puppy gets to the lazy stage. I love him, but I'm just not a puppy person. Give me a big, old lazy dog, and I'm happy. LOL!

I decided on caramel cinnamon latte from missy's tempting tarts in the kitchen, and midnight jasmine from yc in my bedroom.

Guest Anonymous

Upstairs melt: Juniper Breeze - Dew Drop Scents

Downstairs melt: Pixie Dust - Angie's

Continuing with Chestnuts & Brown Sugar from Sugar & Spice. I really like this scent and out of my entire order, this one has the best throw and is the strongest. And it was a freebie! :shock:

Guest stardustgirl

I'm laughing (in sympathy) at the puppy stories. My two dogs are about 2 1/2 now, so just a bit beyond puppy stage. One has mellowed enough to figure out that if he doesn't wiggle he gets lap and chair time. The other one is still spazzy.

One (the 7 pound terrier) ate the puppy gate when he was younger. The bitter apple "no chew" spray only seemed to make him love it more. :shock: We replaced it with a metal one, which I though was great until the 4 pound terrier looked at me... and walked right between the bars.

*sigh* I put a piece of acrylic on it, and that keeps them in their room now.

I'm trying to eke one more session out of my Chandler Lane Strawberry Preserves. It's lasted 2 tealights so far, but it may be winding down.

Trying out Yankee Autumn Leaves this afternoon. I don't know if my family will like this one so thought I'd give it a whirl and see before fall gets here.

Nancy, I hope you like it. It is one of my all-time favorites.

Just popped in Sweet Grass from CFTKR. A bit early to tell.

Guest Anonymous
Trying out Yankee Autumn Leaves this afternoon. I don't know if my family will like this one so thought I'd give it a whirl and see before fall gets here.

That is one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE YC scents! I actually get jars of that one (and I never buy YC jars anymore)!

That is one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE YC scents! I actually get jars of that one (and I never buy YC jars anymore)!

I'm with you mom & Jason - I love, love, love YC Autumn Leaves! In fact, you all just reminded me that I need to get some more tarts in this one...I wonder if YC will be having a sale soon?

This morning I put in Tuscaderos' Butt Naked, but unfortunately it wasn't throwing at all so I dumped it and put in Crosscreek's Root Beer Granita Float instead. Normally this one's strong, but it only did a little bit better so maybe the humid weather today is affecting the throw.

Cat-I'll have to try some bath & body in the pink scents!

I love all these puppy stories! I have a shorkie puppy named Scrappy Jack that is into everything. My 6 year old Chiuahua does not care for him very much [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Autumn Leaves is one of my mom's favorites, too. I plan on taking a trip to YC soon so I can get her a stash :lol:

Just started Nene's Fruits of Paradise

Guest Anonymous

Switched out both melters for the afternoon - both from Tuscadero's: Cactus Flower and Green Tea/Cucumber.

Jason, if you like Sweet Grass you're going to love Fresh Cut Grass from Carol. I think that Fresh Cut Grass smells exactly like freshly cut grass. It's an excellent Yankee dupe and IMO better than Sweet Grass.

This afternoon I'm going to melt Sweet Potato Pie. I've been running around so I haven't gotten around to starting it up yet.

Cleaned out the melters... it is so hot here... I just put on Nene's Cherry Lemonade... now I should go whip up a batch to drink! :lol:

You makin' drinks Fleur? Count me in.

Party at Fleur's everybody. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

I'm putting on Fizzy Pop from Spotted Hog for the occasion.. I've been melting Grass from Soy Indulgence but not really digging it so out it goes.

Well, the Autumn Leaves had to go--it made my nasal passages swell up, made me nauseous and made my son's nose burn so out it went. Too bad, as I didn't really mind the actual scent itself, but something in it didn't agree with me. Isn't it weird how one person's favorite can make another person actually physically ill? Anyway, won't be using that one again. I'm glad I am one of the few who can't use it as the scent itself is nice.

I switched out to Yankee Clementine which is a fairly nice orange/ tangerine scent--not a favorite but OK.

Here's a tip for any of you who do get a scent in the house that you just want to get rid of quickly--try Glade Neutralizer Air Freshener--when you first spray it you think all you've done is put kind of a man's aftershave scent on top of the bad scent but in about 5 minutes both scents will be gone. Works wonders on a yukky tart episode.

Well, the Autumn Leaves had to go--it made my nasal passages swell up, made me nauseous and made my son's nose burn so out it went. Too bad, as I didn't really mind the actual scent itself, but something in it didn't agree with me. Isn't it weird how one person's favorite can make another person actually physically ill? Anyway, won't be using that one again. I'm glad I am one of the few who can't use it as the scent itself is nice.

trep, Autumn Leaves is a very strong tart, my mom loves it, but it is a bit too much for me too until after the scent starts fading [smilie=th_e16] It is too bad, because it is a very pretty scent, I wish I took melt it more.

Sharon

I am currently melting Can-Do honey gingerbread :oops: This one is terrifically strong and authentic!

Another Autumn Leaves lover here....I hit the mother lode at Bed, Bath, and Beyond last winter when i found a bunch of them marked down to $.89. Needless to say I bought them all!!! [smilie=th_e16]