Are you currently climbing the walls due to a stay at home mandate? The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the game for all of us, and we’re quickly adapting to the current landscape. The stress of it all can be enormous, calling for a little retail therapy to calm the nerves. Our Stay At Home Shopping Guide will point you in the right direction to gather some great smell goods at a reasonable price.
Candlefind’s Stay At Home Shopping Guide
Of course in any of our shopping guides we’re going to advocate to #buymorecandles – it’s who we are! There are a number of places you can shop to stock up and some great chances to get introduced to new-to-you companies at a discounted price! Here are some of our suggestions:
- Candle Delirium: Wanting an opportunity to try some luxury candles? Shop here for a number of different brands and save 15% off the entire site with the code TOGETHER. We;re recommending NEST, Seda France, and Diptyque for starters.
- Grand Candles: Shop this soy candle company and save 20% off your order with the code SPRING.
- McCall’s Country Candles: If you hurry, you’ll be able to snag a true BOGO deal that ends tonight. McCall’s is offering up their line of Indulgence Candles as buy one, get one free. That makes these gorgeous 18oz candles around 10 bucks apeice, which is not a bad deal at all. Use the code STAYCATION.
- The Flying Farm: They currently have 30% off their individual candles and wax melts (ends today) with no code needed. If you go to their Etsy shop, however, you’ll find 50% off select candles in an overstock sale.
- Kringle Candle Company: While they are not currently shipping, you can still place an order for their candles which are on sale for 50% off.
If you’re looking for something to avoid the open flame, consider shopping for wax melts. These are fun and you’re usually able to purchase several of them for the price of one candle. Here are our current recommendations for you to check out:
- Candlemart Aromabeads: These small packages of scented beads are super affordable and super fun. Mix and match different ones to create your own scent blend.
- Wood N Wicks Candle Company: They are having a spring sale (save up to 60%) through April 4th. Some cute wax melt shapes and lots of fragrance options.
- Goose Creek Candles: Goose Creek is always running some super awesome sales. Right now their wax melts are $2.50 a pack, which is a steal. They have some terrific scents and a huge variety from which to choose.
- Mad Mother Meter’s Wax Pour Haus: Super cute and fragrant wax melts can be found here. They are offering up Genre Boxes for $25 – select a scent “theme” and get a box full of smellies.
- Chicks And Wicks: They have 35% off their ready to ship wax melts through April 4th.
Have too many candles or wax melts? While we think that’s a statistical impossibility, we are still going to list some alternatives to candles and melts in this stay at home shopping guide. Consider these fabulous candle accessories…
- Story of the Scent: This candle snuffer is functional, adorable, and on sale. What’s not to like?
- Yankee Candle: While we may only be fond of a few of the Yankee Candle jar candles, they have a nice selection of candle accessories that are 75% off during their semi-annual sale.
- Wickman: We think these are some of the highest quality candle accessories out there. They have some markdowns on several of their products.
In this uncertain time when we know many people are hurting, it makes us appreciate companies that are doing their part even more. Feel good about supporting these companies as they openly support their communities, even before COVID-19.
- The Giving Wick: This company donates 15% of their proceeds to a select number of charities. They offer both soy and coconut wax products. Check out the On The Go travel tins which are both practical and affordable.
- RE+NEW+ALL: Talk about a second lease on life! This company comes to the aid of victims of human trafficking by employing them and teaching them the skill of candlemaking. Each purchase you make helps these women secure a new future. To top it off, there is free shipping with all orders!
It’s important not to neglect your body care needs, especially needs for soaps and hand sanitizers. Here are our recommendations to save on some high quality products during this time:
- Apotheke: You are able to save 30% on all bar and liquid soaps right now. These are high-quality products and they smell great.
- Bath & Body Works: While the hand soaps are on (semi)sale, we think the best deal right now is the buy 3, get 3 free deal on select body care products.
- Addy & Gar: Speaking of Etsy, this shop is having a 50% off clearance sale which includes their hand soaps. We love the quality and the oh-so-pretty amber jars.
There you have it! A quick stay at home shopping guide that should keep you busy for a while as we continue to ride out this storm. We hope you stay healthy and safe.