The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Hello from the Midwest!

Hi everyone! [smilie=th_hello]

I can't deny it anymore; I'm a candle addict! I'm going through some really, really stressful situations right now (and wouldn't you know, right during the holidays!) and I find myself amassing plenty of candles and pretty luminary holders. Keeps me feeling warm and fuzzy during these cold, long nights we are having.

Midwest born and raised but dreaming of a move to California, aside from good-smelling wax I like to read, write, cook, sing, take road trips, watch movies, hike, do yoga, and be a total nerd. Favourite show right now is Glee, and just a minute ago I was playing the Glee karaoke game with my room-mate and burning Slatkin Dark Chocolate mint :). I'm getting nutty over the Slatkin candles of late...I used to be more a of a tart person (uhm, like, a LOT of tarts!) but I adore the flicker of those three wicks.

I'm obsessed with Slatkin Marshmallow Fireside and am stocking up because I don't know how long it will be around. I love jasmine, vanilla, rose, lavender, lily, bergamot, neroli and most gourmand scents--so long as they aren't spicy (still looking for the perfect creamy pumpkin).

Thanks for letting me into your community, looking forward to being a part of it! Candles encourage me to take a deeeeeeep breath more often!!

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1] Blue!!

I am a born-and-raised midwesterner myself, but have been a FL transplant for more years than I have fingers and toes.

I think you will really like it here, everyone is GREAT! Tons of fellow addicts and enablers to help you along with your *hobby*

Glad you joined us!

[smilie=th_c61]

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I should get my butt to bed [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe and make sure my candles are put out ;)

Glad to see fellow Midwesterners (and Midwestern transplants!).

Have a safe weekend, everyone!

debra--we will have to compare notes on our favourite candles and such, then, if we're "scent twins." :)