The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Love Spell from Buckeye.

I brought in several tarts to a coworker that is just starting to become "a melter"...she was shocked that there is so much to know about melting these darn things. I haven't even broken it to her yet that there is even a website that helps you melt better! One step at a time... [smilie=th_aa17]

another one bites the dust... sounds like a she is getting lured into the melting world... [smilie=th_12E9EC16] nice work Debra... [smilie=group_hug]

Thanks, fleur, I believe it is my duty.... [smilie=th_teks0311]

I am also sad to report that my new electric tart burner from YC was a total bust! Why, oh why did I not take heed of Trep's YC burner fiasco? No! I had to go get one myself, although it was a different model. I left it on all night and it only half way melted my tart. That is ludicrous! Live and learn, I suppose.

Jason ~

Make sure you drop a line to Yankee Customer Service or give them a call to complain about the low wattage burner. Several of us from all over the country have written, so they are getting an earful ~ the more the better!!!! I LOVE the Yankee burners as they are beautiful ~ but not nearly as functional as they should be. My herb garden burner is doing ok and I won't be returning it, but it could surely be doing a lot better!

Guest Anonymous
I am also sad to report that my new electric tart burner from YC was a total bust! Why, oh why did I not take heed of Trep's YC burner fiasco? No! I had to go get one myself, although it was a different model. I left it on all night and it only half way melted my tart. That is ludicrous! Live and learn, I suppose.

Jason ~

Make sure you drop a line to Yankee Customer Service or give them a call to complain about the low wattage burner. Several of us from all over the country have written, so they are getting an earful ~ the more the better!!!! I LOVE the Yankee burners as they are beautiful ~ but not nearly as functional as they should be. My herb garden burner is doing ok and I won't be returning it, but it could surely be doing a lot better!

I have a $10 YC Gift Card that I got in a swap and want to buy a nice YC burner but am scared to now. :)

I have already gotten one of their bum tealight burners. i don't want to get a 2nd.

Why do they do that? They should do some type of quality check on them before letting them go to the public. @@

Blah

Rembran, was your tealight burner a one piece or two? I have one from there that is two piece and it really works very well. But you're right, you would think they would test their product before sending them out to the stores! The lady at my local YC store said the burner I bought was flying off the shelves! Wonder if they are flying right back to the shelves after people get them home.

At our local Yankee store I know most of the electric burners have come back as well as a lot of the tealight ones.

Jason--please do email Yankee and tell them they need to put at least a 20 watt plate on their warmers. As was stated--the more of us who let our thoughts be known the better. Also be sure and return yours and tell them why. My manager says they have codes for the different return reasons and he thinks that lots of time people don't want to say it wouldn't melt the tart so be sure you do so Yankee will know we mean business. I am sorry you had the same experience I did. I, too, have not always heeded what I read on here and suffered for it--but, you never can be sure until you try it yourself. Better luck next time. I know how you feel.

Bella's Vanilla Baby in the powder room and Candle Haven Honeydew Melon in the kitchen. Of all the melon scents I've ever tried, this is my favorite. It smells exactly like you just cut into a honeydew melon; tart and sweet and perfect for summer! :)

Well, the Village Tropical Mango had to go--I remembered after I metled it that I had tried it once before and didn't like it. I replaced it with a couple of others that didn't work out so now have CHC Pink Sugar in there. Can't tell how it is doing yet as I had the fans going to clear the air of the others. You know how that goes. Have a great evening all.

Well, the Village Tropical Mango had to go--I remembered after I metled it that I had tried it once before and didn't like it. I replaced it with a couple of others that didn't work out so now have CHC Pink Sugar in there. Can't tell how it is doing yet as I had the fans going to clear the air of the others. You know how that goes. Have a great evening all.

trep, I was there yesterday... today has been a wee bit better, but I have had to dump a few today too... it happens... hope the pink sugar works for you. :)

Thanks, fleur, the Pink Sugar is doing great. Glad your melting day was somewhat better. I go for days and love everything I put on and then all of sudden I'll hit a day when nothing suits me and I am dumping like crazy. Oh well, if that's my only problem I am blessed indeed (which I am).

Guest Anonymous
Thanks, fleur, the Pink Sugar is doing great. Glad your melting day was somewhat better. I go for days and love everything I put on and then all of sudden I'll hit a day when nothing suits me and I am dumping like crazy. Oh well, if that's my only problem I am blessed indeed (which I am).

I've had one of those 'blessed' days then myself! :) Dumped a lot today it seems. I've landed on Tuscadero's Bird of Paradise downstairs (good throw, smells like berries and sugar) and K's Kreations Peppercorn upstairs, which I have to check on but I sure liked it before I left the house to get my kids from school.....

Guest Anonymous
Rembran, was your tealight burner a one piece or two? I have one from there that is two piece and it really works very well. But you're right, you would think they would test their product before sending them out to the stores! The lady at my local YC store said the burner I bought was flying off the shelves! Wonder if they are flying right back to the shelves after people get them home.

Nope, it was a one piece. The top was too high for the tealight to melt the tarts. @@ And I am not bold enough to put the tea light on top of something to make it higher. I would be too afraid it would tip over and catch something on fire.

Guest Anonymous

I went to take a bath last night, and put on Aloe vera in the bathroom. My husband raved about how good it smelled, and that he liked me leaving the tea light on all night so he can see when he gets up in the middle of the night. He is as addicted as I am!!

I have on Satin Sheets in the whole house tonight!

:)

karla

Guest Anonymous

No, I haven't, Debra.

Melting Island Grapefruit from Skindazzles. Not much, but it is competing with fish.

I am also melting Lime Coconut from Texas Scentsations. Very good, more of a straight pina colada. I don't detect the lime, but it's still good.

Georgia Peach from McCarley's.

I think I am going to put on Margarita-ville from McCarley's to help take care of the fish smell.

Going through some old tarts tonight on a cleaning spree, so I'm burning an old RG scalloped tart (tells you how old it is!) in Pineapple Vanilla that is way better than I remembered it to be. Weird! Also burning their Mandarin Plum in the kitchen. I put Amber from Patti's Candles in the guest bath and it's really good too. Having luck with all these so I think I'll see what else is at the bottom of the basket! Have a great night and good morning!

Guest Anonymous
Good Morning everyone

I have on Tuscaderos Island kola nut..this is day # 3 , and the 3rd tealight..figures its my only one of these and I really love it..with my tart shortage ( cough cough) what will I do??

Tart shortage?....Yeah, right. That's a good one, Jersey [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning - Busy day today so I won't be home much again and probably won't put anything in the melter while I"m gone, unless I turn on day 2 of Bird of Paradise from Tuscadero's just to have something going for when I come home.

Currently I'm starting Aroma Soy's orange chiffon cake in my tealight for work.

This morning it is Village Hydrangea downstairs and I still have my CHC Pink Sugar upstairs--it is still going strong and I haven't decided what I want up there yet so will leave it for another hour or so. Have a great Friday everyone. [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

trep, Glad to hear the pink sugar is a lasting awhile.

I have a CHC pink sugar tart. I will have to try that one. It is my last CHC tart from my old stash (I did order from her last sale a few weeks ago and got some nice spring scents). I've been trying to get through some of the older tarts.

Sometimes the pink sugar (from other vendors) can get a little strong for me. I am sure the CHC one is lovely (I think her tarts have a nice even, not overpowering throw). I also like the pink sugar mixed with vanilla or buttercream (Bella's and LOL does a few of these mixes). It mellows out the pink sugar, very nice.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning.

Antahala Vanilla from Texas Scentsations, Georgia Peach from McCarley's.

I think I'll melt Pink Sugar at work (MAMA's).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!