The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Good Morning, all. I have a brand new Yankee fragrance on this morning called Dune Grass--this is a great one--fresh without the undertones that I usually don't like. That is upstairs, and, downstairs is Bizzy B's Lilac and Honeysuckle. Have a great day everyone.

Guest Anonymous

Melting Angie's Blueberry Muffin. I am NOT a bakery scent person, but this is OUT OF THIS WORLD FABULOUS!!! She very kindly sent it as a sample so I tried it, and immediately went back to order a bag of them! It is the MOST authentic blueberry scent I have ever smelled, light on the muffin note (a plus for me). YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Good morning.

Trep, Dune Grass sounds really good.

This morning: Fresh Linen (Texas Scentsations), Lemon Shortbread (BeccaLights), Garden of Eden (CandleDippers), and Sweet Potato Pie (Aroma Creek).

Have a wonderful almost-Friday everyone!

I thought today I would burn some stray tarts that I got as samples etc. For the loo picked Cheryl's "Riveria Sun" from her aromatherapy pack; for the LR and kitchen I picked Tuscadero's Strawberry Crunch and Downy Tahitian Waterfall. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Patsy

[smilie=th_teks0311]

Jersey ~

Just curious about that 12W melter ~ Does it really work well with the tart pan? The reason I ask is that there is a Yankee burner on eBay that is 12W and it is a perfect match for my kitchen. I would love to purchase it, but I'm also realistic in that the 12W burners are not very effective. If the tart pan solves that problem, I may go ahead and bid on it anyway. Also ~ where did you get the tart pan? I don't recall although I know it was discussed...

Boogie ~

I love YC Dune also. The only place I've seen it is at BB&B. I know that Yankee sometimes produces a scent or 2 for this chain and Linens & Things, that is different from their own line. That said, I am sure I'll purchase more of this scent. It's a winner!

Guest candlefreak

Today I am going to finish off the CBV Frankinscense and Myrrh in my melters. If that poops out early on, I will probably light a candle of some sort. Tomorrow I am leaving to visit inlaws so I will be away from my tarts for a whole week! [smilie=th_teks0311] Atleast I have a few really yummy candles I am giving to my mil! I can get my fix that way.

I am melting LOL's Victorian Violets upstairs, nice throw in my 24w melter.

I just started Sweet Orange Pomegranate and Sleigh Bells from Queen of Hearts in the kitchen and dining room... no scent yet as they just started melting, but the cold smell was nice... [smilie=th_teks0311]

Dune Grass and a few other summer scents will be in the Yankee stores in April according to my manager. I got mine at BB& Beyond. Some of the new scents include a chocolate one and a root beer one, at least that is what the manager of our store was remembering.

Jersey ~

Just curious about that 12W melter ~ Does it really work well with the tart pan? The reason I ask is that there is a Yankee burner on eBay that is 12W and it is a perfect match for my kitchen. I would love to purchase it, but I'm also realistic in that the 12W burners are not very effective. If the tart pan solves that problem, I may go ahead and bid on it anyway. Also ~ where did you get the tart pan? I don't recall although I know it was discussed...

Boogie ~

I love YC Dune also. The only place I've seen it is at BB&B. I know that Yankee sometimes produces a scent or 2 for this chain and Linens & Things, that is different from their own line. That said, I am sure I'll purchase more of this scent. It's a winner!

I got my tart pan from can do candles...I was gonna ditch the 12w melter because it wasn't doing anything until I bought that pan..now I can use it still.

At home I am melting Crosscreek country berry pancakes...Yum! At school I am melting YC sicilian orange. Everyone likes it, except one student said it smelled like housecleaner. I am also burning my french vanilla candle from Our Own Candle company!

I had to dump the Dune Grass--it was making me feel weird. My son, however, really liked it. It is not unusual for me to be bothered by plant smells after a few hours and this one had been on for 6--it was putting out a great throw--just my nose acting up. I replaced it with a Tyler Wisteria Lane candle on the warmer.

dabba--glad you mentioned the Sicilian Orange --I picked a couple of tarts up on Monday and forgot about it--that will be on the agenda for tomorrow.

Love Spell from Buckeye.

I brought in several tarts to a coworker that is just starting to become "a melter"...she was shocked that there is so much to know about melting these darn things. I haven't even broken it to her yet that there is even a website that helps you melt better! One step at a time... [smilie=th_teks0311]

Love Spell from Buckeye.

I brought in several tarts to a coworker that is just starting to become "a melter"...she was shocked that there is so much to know about melting these darn things. I haven't even broken it to her yet that there is even a website that helps you melt better! One step at a time... [smilie=group_hug]

another one bites the dust... sounds like a she is getting lured into the melting world... [smilie=th_teks0311] nice work Debra... [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Guest Anonymous

I am celebrating the beautiful spring day today with one of my favorite scents - Paradise. Just love this fizzy citrus scent.

Upstairs getting ready to put in Crosscreek Lemon Sugar and Lime Freeze.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning, everyone - Just got back from the gym and walked into day 2 of Tuscaderos' Country Bumpkin, which had clearly outlived its effectiveness - it was great yesterday though. So, I put on China Rain in the living area and have Plumeria by K's Kreations going upstairs....It's a pretty strong one and is on day 2. Last night it was creeping down the stairs and for the layout of my house that's pretty strong. I have to work most of the day so I'll have a tealight going on my desk, not sure what to put in it yet.

Guest Anonymous

Nothing yet. It's been a busy morning and we are getting ready to go run some more errands.

I cleaned the burners all out last night so I'll update when I pop something in them later.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!

Guest Anonymous

Today it is Cran-Apple Banana Rama from Grazia. I am using 2 small tarts and I am just beginning to get a sniff and it is great so far. Will update later. Happy Thursday!

Jason, I can't wait to hear how your scent experiment works out. The mixture sounds great.

Speaking of YC , did they release their summer line yet? I have not heard of this Dune Grass.

Boogie, I am sad to report that my experiment did not work out as well as I had hoped. I've melted the two YC tarts before seperately and they had a fine throw. Never melted the Nene's one, but it had a strong cold smell. But when put all together, I could hardly smell it! It did have a lovely scent if I put my nose right over the burner, but is it possible these three scents cancelled eachother out? Hmmm, oh well.

I am also sad to report that my new electric tart burner from YC was a total bust! Why, oh why did I not take heed of Trep's YC burner fiasco? No! I had to go get one myself, although it was a different model. I left it on all night and it only half way melted my tart. That is ludicrous! Live and learn, I suppose.

Trep, can't wait to try that new Dune Grass. I get excited over new YC scents!

Today, I have on Crosscreek's Coco Cabana in the LR, which is taking a long while to melt, but smells great all ready. In the bedroom, it's Cozy Cottage's Long Island Pastry which is still en route to meltsville.