The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

Finishing up with Lemon Sugar from Angies (yum de yum), Florida Pound Cake from CFTKR, and Birthday Cake from Candle Haven (terrific).

Have a good evening!

I am also melting the YC Water Garden...lovely scent but mild throw - is that what the rest of you have found?

Debra, I found the tart to have a medium throw. I've had the best luck with my big Housewarmer jar. It has a more full-bodied scent than the tart, if that makes any sense and a throw big enough to scent a medium size room.

Tonight I have on YC Biscotti in the bedroom and Bella's Vanilla Buttercream Crunch in the LR. They both smell yum, but wow, the throw on this Bella's tart! It's not even melted all the way and it's pretty powerful, not to mention rich and creamy. Mmmmm...

tobe--the tart tin was what I was planning to use if I get the crockpot--I figured I am clumsy and would no doubt find a way to break a glass cup in there. Now, am I right in thinking the crock you are talking about is the one talked about a month or so ago on here that has green ivy around the outside? I will be looking for one this morning.

Today I have CHC Lilac Bouqet on upstairs and down.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning. It did snow here last night.

Two candles this morning - Grapefruit & Hyacinth from Bunny's Bath (already a good scent throw, loving the scent) and Mystic Seaport from Sierra Mountain Candles (this is a tiny one, no scent throw yet).

I've got Italian Bakery (Sheba's), moderate scent throw with 3 cubes. Guest bedroom -White Grape Cinnamon from BeccaLights, which is a good cinnamon. Guess the grape gives a hint of sweetness, so the cinnamon is not too strong. In the LR, Cinnamon French Toast from Heartland Herb. This is good, and it's not fully melted.

I do not think I'll care for the scent Green Tea & Jasmine from McCarley's, so I put it on my bulb burner in the den and shut the door. I don't think that bulb burner is going to melt it very well, though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day -

Trep, Mine has the green ivy all around...about 5.00 from Big Lots. The tin wouldn't fit in mine, so I [smilie=th_834c9e54] put a little glass votive jar in it, and it worked.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning! I've been melting CHC's cucumber melon while working this morning.....Not sure what I'll put on to melt before I head to the gym in a bit, but it's supposed to be in the 80's here today so definitely something for warm weather.....I'll probably let the kids pick today.

ETA: Somehow it ended up to be much cooler and cloudy despite the forecast - Tuscadero's Graham Crackers just went in the melter [smilie=th_834c9e54]

Guest Anonymous

I'm melting Sweet Potato Souffle from Bella's, which is nice with the beautiful snowy backyard. I can't believe we finally got some snow! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

Guest Anonymous

I am melting Crosscreek Banana split which I get a lot of pineapple from but I love it. I am also melting CYS Banana buttercream and Nene's Birthday cake. it is smelling great in here. :(

Guest Anonymous

Melting Can Do lemon pound cake and lemon squares downstairs. Umm. . . yum!!! Upstairs melting Crosscreek Wrought iron. This is one of the better ones from my order.

I have Aroma Soy's Vaniglia del Madagascarin the kitchen - lovely cold sniff, but I'm not getting more than a light throw on melting.

In the living room is Water Garden by YC. I really, really like this one in both the candle and the tart, and my family doesn't complain about it. That's always a bonus!

In the bedroom is YC's Queen Anne's Lace. This is one of my favorite YC scents, but unfortunately, it was discontinued a couple of years ago, so unless I buy it on ebay, this is my last candle. I do have about 6 tarts left. It has an excellent throw - covers a lto of area but is not overwhelming in any one place. It's an interesting scent. You would expect a floral, but it has vanilla notes for sure, along with some type of light herbal/floral something.

The bathroom isn't going yet, but it will be a blue for Boogie and her dad, and whomever else is in need of the blue today.

Guest Anonymous

That little candle jar is really packing a punch. Mystic Seaport from Sierra Mountain Candles is going in the laundry room, with the door closed. When I opened the door (to actually do laundry, heavy sigh), the scent filled the room. Ocean type scent with a hint of saltiness. Darn, I don't see it for sale anymore on that website. This is one of the candles I found packed in a box, so I guess they don't sale that scent anymore. :(

Melting Carmel Macchiato in the kitchen. I only have one burner going for now since we have to leave soon. My daughter is having a brain MRI this afternoon. She was diagnosed with migraines a few weeks ago and the neurologist wants an MRI to make sure there is nothing else going on.

Cyn, that sounds wonderful, (loving the crisp/ocean scents)! It would almost make it worth it to do the laundry!

Trep - do you remember which melter you used to get a good throw drom water garden? I am using the 24w. And, yes - I am also talking about the white Big Lots pots with the green ivy!

Today is a blue day for all our buddies. (your daughter included, mp!)

Brown Bag: April Showers in the master (Mmmm - good thing cuz it is drifting down the hall and througout the first floor)

YC Watergarden in the bath

Deena Lynn's Dream Weaver in the office

I have Bella's Beignet going. We went through one tea light last night and it was super strong. Today it's lost a lot of it's punch, so I'll probably switch out to Pure Intergrity's Vanilla Almond candle in a bit. I should probably let my new Bella soy tarts cure for a bit longer.

Guest Anonymous
Melting Carmel Macchiato in the kitchen. I only have one burner going for now since we have to leave soon. My daughter is having a brain MRI this afternoon. She was diagnosed with migraines a few weeks ago and the neurologist wants an MRI to make sure there is nothing else going on.

Mpfand, I hope the MRI turns out OK.

Guest Anonymous

I hope the MRI turns out OK too.

Burning GC Vanilla Caramel Custard to day. It smells wonderful. :(

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I'm hoping the MRI goes well, too!

Burning blue for everyone today - Crosscreek's Carolina Rain seems perfect! Have Candledipper's Mimosa Mandarin in the master bedroom and it's smells and throws great. Tuscadero's Sugar Cane throwing lightly in my daughter's room. Hmmm...oh, and Rosegirl's Mandarin Plum in the kitchen. Have a great day!

Guest Anonymous

Today I have only two burners going....

CYS Tropical Ice Tea and Tarts Galore Birthday Cake

Today I have been enjoying Cottage Hill Creations Hummingbird Cake. I don't remember who mentioned that these were not strong, but they must have not tried this one. It throws great.

mpfand-well wishes for the MRI. I worked for a Neurologist in my past life (pre-children) and they will always do an MRI in relation to a migraine diagnosis. They are covering themselves. All will be good.