The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

Melting Tuscadero's scents today.....7-Up Pound cake downstairs, which is fantastic and not such a heavy bakery scent that I don't feel like I can't leave it go for awhile (I'm usually only tolerant of bakery in the mornings) - And I have Clover Fields and Aloe upstairs.......Too early on that one yet as I switched it out from something that was just too 'soapy/bathroom' for me today.

Trep, I've had that problem with all of the Yankee electric melters I've bought or been given. They are cute to look at, but just don't do the job. I :?

Guest Anonymous

method gingerbread spice

YC Jack Frost

YC Pumpkin Pie

CCCC Fresh Cut Herbs

Guest Anonymous
Trep, I've had that problem with all of the Yankee electric melters I've bought or been given. They are cute to look at, but just don't do the job. I :?

What is up with that?? I have a beautiful Christmas tea light burner from there and the bottom is too far from the top bowl so my tarts don't melt at all.

I really want to get that new mosaic burner but am scared it will be the same thing.

Thanks, guys--the only ones I've ever had from Yankee that worked were two one piece electric burners I got a couple of years ago. One was a pumpkin and the other had leaves on it. They were fine and I have one two piece one that works pretty good but still leaves a little unmelted wax. As for the tealight Yankee ones, I can get them to work now that I put the tealight on an empty tealight cup that is upside down so the flame is closer to the tart but they still don't work like they should.

tobe--what a great idea--I have been looking at those crock pot warmers at Wal Mart but was wondering what to do about the hump. I think someone a few weeks ago said they put some kind of holder in there. Do you put the lid on while you are melting the tarts or do you leave it off?

In case you all haven't read my thread on the off topic place--I just found out that Donna at Can Do lost her grandfather suddenly this morning--I emailed her my condolences and figured you might want to do the same. She will be closed until this is all over with.

tobe and trep - yes, that is what I have done, too. I kept burning my fingers trying to get the wax out of the depressions when it was warm and if I waited until it was cool, I had trouble getting it out...the soy especially just smeared all over!

So, I set a metal holder (and have used a thick bottom glass votive) on the hump and it seems to work very well! I have not used the lid on it.

Guest Anonymous

Trep - No, I don't put the lid on it as well. I thought it might block the scent so I have not ever tried it with the lid on it.

Guest Anonymous

Trep-I am not sure if I have the right address to e-mail my condolences... Can you please send? Thank you so much..

:?

Guest Anonymous

Trep - Just make sure you have a Can Do tin or some type of tin or votive holder to put on the "hump". I have not tried the votive holder but the tin works well in mine. Even melts Can Do tarts. It makes cleaning a whole lot easier.

Just to let you know I was a Home Interiors demonstrator at one time. I have had very good luck with their candles. I prefer the small jars. Also, this company would recall a candle if it did not perform to standard at no cost to the customer. I like that. I just ordered from a fundraiser some HI candles and can't wait to get them. I love All kinds of wax flames or flameless

Cheryl

Guest Anonymous

I'm burning my housewarmer jar of Shortbread Cookie from YC (all this talk of it made me want to burn it). Also put on Autumn Wreath from Things That Make Scents (it's snowing here, darn it, so wanted something cozy. This does the trick). I put in some new brittle for Bella's Lavender & Coconut Milk.

Guest Anonymous

I won't bore everyone with ALL of the different scents I've had going in here today - but I've ended up with Lavender Fields (K's Kreations) downstairs and Green Ivy (Tarts Galore) upstairs.....I'm using up these Tarts Galore tarts fast because I didn't realize until after I got my order that she has a few different tart choices (different wax options and different sizes....3/4 oz. vs. 1 oz. for singles).....So, I didn't order soy AND I ordered the smallest tarts. Totally my fault for not paging down further to see the options....Having mixed results so far on these but I will place another order to see if the wax/size was an issue at all. Fantastic service and great ordering process, however! Nice scent list as well.

Guest Anonymous
Crispy macapple from aroma soy is melting in my living room for the second day. It's so, so strong and sweet smelling. Dh loves it!

Heidi, Can I ask what kind of melter are you using for your Aroma Soy tarts that they are lasting for days? I know others have had the same results with them......

ETA: I've changed scents again - Grr. Landed on CHC's Green English Ivy (I love this one) downstairs and I turned the upstairs melter off - nothing was working in it and I'm not up there anyway really......but I can say I've been disappointed with some newer vendor tarts today so I'm ending the day with my old faithfuls [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

I made a mess with my crockpot the first time I used it. I couldn't get it cleaned out. I just put it up. I think I may try it with the tin though. I bought about 35 tarts at Yankee tonight. It was a good deal with that 15.00 off coupon! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Guest Anonymous

YC pomegranate, blue hydrangea

Renuzit blue something and somebody's banana nut bread

Crispy macapple from aroma soy is melting in my living room for the second day. It's so, so strong and sweet smelling. Dh loves it!

Heidi, Can I ask what kind of melter are you using for your Aroma Soy tarts that they are lasting for days? I know others have had the same results with them...

I'm just using a tealight melter that I got at Walmart.

Guest Anonymous
I am also melting the YC Water Garden...lovely scent but mild throw - is that what the rest of you have found?

Yup! Same here. It's in the kitchen and I have to actually be in the kitchen to smell it.

It is a very nice scent. I expected more of a throw on a votive then what I am getting though.