The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Guest Anonymous

Debra I know you probably know this already but I wanted to ask you do you keep your wicks trimmed to 1/4 in before you light the candle? And if while you are burning it gets larger than 1/4 extinguish it then trim it & relight it. One of the reasons I prefer soy or vegetable wax candles to the ones that soot. Now Gold Canyon is parafin & they don't soot. It seems if the candle can make a large wax pool all over the top of the candle it won't soot. Partylite turns to liquid too but very low scent throw.

I've noticed those candle caps will help stop the tunneling & create a larger wax pool but it seems to stop the scent from thowing far.

Also I've noticed if I burn a candle from the beginning for at least 3hrs the wax pool is larger. But if I don't it will start to tunnel in my Pier one candles. I started one from the beginning & used the cap & burned it for 3hrs the first time & every time & it has an even burn. So far no soot with it...

Julestone....I got this melt at Kohl's. I don't melt many yankee candle melts so I don't know if it is a new one or a retired one. But the scent is very good and strong. There is another one I got at Kohl's called Beach towel. It is really good too.

Today I am trying out Santa's Whiskers from The Tart Shoppe.....AMAZING! I kept opening the bag and sniffing the tarts and decided I had to melt one! I love this scent and will have to stock up for the holidays for sure! It is a combination of a fresh Christmas tree scent and Christmas cookies....I am in heaven! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Hmmmmmm that smells Christmasy..... Is that from an Ebay store? How long do those tarts last?

Guest Anonymous

Just wanted to pop in and say hello - We're back from our vacation to Disneyworld....Those are the kinds of vacations you need a vacation from when the vacation is all over! :lol:

Not melting anything tonight - way too pooped. I'll start melting...and ordering...in the morning :lol:

Debra I know you probably know this already but I wanted to ask you do you keep your wicks trimmed to 1/4 in before you light the candle? And if while you are burning it gets larger than 1/4 extinguish it then trim it & relight it. One of the reasons I prefer soy or vegetable wax candles to the ones that soot. Now Gold Canyon is parafin & they don't soot. It seems if the candle can make a large wax pool all over the top of the candle it won't soot. Partylite turns to liquid too but very low scent throw.

I've noticed those candle caps will help stop the tunneling & create a larger wax pool but it seems to stop the scent from thowing far.

Also I've noticed if I burn a candle from the beginning for at least 3hrs the wax pool is larger. But if I don't it will start to tunnel in my Pier one candles. I started one from the beginning & used the cap & burned it for 3hrs the first time & every time & it has an even burn. So far no soot with it...

Yeah, you are so right, but nuthin' helped this guy! I first burned it about a month ago and trimmed wick, used a YC shade, and tried leaving in alone for hours - then I came back to check it and the whole toilet it was sitting on was gray! LOL!

So, I tried it again in another room, different air currents...same thing. Soot on the shade, etc. and wall. For a very spendy candle! So - it has a 2nd life as a melt!

Melting YC Midnight Cove

Welcome back, Mom. We will be headed to DisneyWorld in a few weeks.

Tonight I have:

Fresh Linen (Autumn Candles) - another good one

Apple Berry Crumble (Crosscreek) - very good and strong

Banana Nut Cake (Crosscreek) - yum! I didn't think I would like this, but I do.

Key Lime Pie (Northern Maine) - not getting much yet, but I just put it on.

Everyone is doing Disney this year it seems! Welcome back from vacation!

I came home from work and the elves had changed the tarts. It is something orangey-don't know what,but it smells wonderful!

I know,very informative! too tired to get up and see if I can find out what's in the melters!

I put Cactus and White Peach-MB in the kitchen.

Have a good night and welcome to the new faces I see posting today!

Denim~ what did you think about Country Heart's caramel apple? I gave it an 8 out of 10.

I'm melting their Cranberry Citrus now. I like this scent for the summer a lot. I am all out of my lemon scents, and I seem to be having more luck with that scent during the hot months.

Thiis is going to be a big citrus week for me..off to order.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Welcome back to those returning from a vacation... [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

I was not around yesterday... we were taking my son to camp... we drove past the Yankee flagship store in Massachusetts... I could see it from the highway... but we did not have time to stop... my husband and son were teasing me too.... they said that I have enough tarts and candles... what??? :P

This morning will be Candle Haven's Coco-Mint Frost... yum!

Guest Anonymous

It's good to be home.....and where it's dry. I have never seen so much rain as I did in Florida last week, lots of things at Disney cancelled and closed up (very disappointing for the kids) and we had to throw away several pairs of socks that were stinking up the hotel room when they were still soaking wet after two days from getting drenched at Disney - (here in AZ stuff dries completely in about 10 minutes). So anyone planning to visit there soon who hasn't before, bring rain gear (if you forget, don't worry - they sell ponchos at every register the second rain starts).

Anyway, back to work and reality today. Put on PI's Herb Garden candle. I'm low on tarts since I knew I'd be gone, so later today I get to finally start ordering again!!!

That's too bad, Mom. I'm sure your entire family was disappointed. We had packed raingear in '05, because it was suggested in our planning book. I'm going to make everyone take their own rain gear again this year, as well as some coins for laundry. Hopefully it will be no more than the shower bursts while we're there.

This morning, I'm going to finish up Blackberry and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie from Country Glow Soy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Guest Anonymous
That's too bad, Mom. I'm sure your entire family was disappointed. We had packed raingear in '05, because it was suggested in our planning book. I'm going to make everyone take their own rain gear again this year, as well as some coins for laundry. Hopefully it will be no more than the shower bursts while we're there.

This morning, I'm going to finish up Blackberry and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie from Country Glow Soy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

I hope you get better weather than we did.....if you do everything super early, you might be fine - the worst rain comes in the afternoon. At least plan to do your 'can't miss' things first.

Welcome back, mom! I'm glad you had a nice vacation, but I'm sorry it rained so much. I think every time I went to Disney as a kid it rained most of the time, too.

This morning, it's yc's midnight jasmine in the living room, and essential pleasure's fresh raspberry in the kitchen. Both smell great!

We're waiting for the home health nurse to arrive this morning to change Gage's bandages, so he's not a very happy camper at the moment. The anticipation of her visit is killing him. Poor little fellow!

Guest Anonymous
Welcome back, mom! I'm glad you had a nice vacation, but I'm sorry it rained so much. I think every time I went to Disney as a kid it rained most of the time, too.

This morning, it's yc's midnight jasmine in the living room, and essential pleasure's fresh raspberry in the kitchen. Both smell great!

We're waiting for the home health nurse to arrive this morning to change Gage's bandages, so he's not a very happy camper at the moment. The anticipation of her visit is killing him. Poor little fellow!

Thanks, Heidi - Having been away from the board for so long I missed what happened with your little one. I hope everything is okay.

Thanks, Heidi - Having been away from the board for so long I missed what happened with your little one. I hope everything is okay.

He was in the hospital most of last week with a bad mrsa infection on his knee.

Good Morning ladies!

I am chuckling at the posts about the rain during Disney World visits....brings back memories of when I was a little girl and my parents took me there. It rained the ENTIRE time we were at the park! I believe we went around this time of year too! The last two times I've been there (as an adult), the weather has been gorgeous. LOL.

Anyhow, I am melting Homemade Strudel from The Tart Shoppe today....it smells delish! I am really enjoying the scent and quality of their tarts and will definitely order from them again. Excellent CS and products!

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]