The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Guest Anonymous
I'm melting Candledippers - Quiet Moments

Most of my Candle Dippers tarts are eroding the plastic tart cups. :oops: I've only had them about a month so this is disappointing. I feel forced to melt them first.

Luckily, they do smell good.

oh gosh. What do you mean eroding? Sounds gross.

Guest Anonymous
Good Morning.

I am burning my brand new Yankees Freesia and Rainforest.

I need a lot of peace today as I have a job interview later in the afternoon.

I am going to study all day, make up answers to questions, etc.

Good luck on your interview!!

I'm melting Candledippers - Quiet Moments

Most of my Candle Dippers tarts are eroding the plastic tart cups. :oops: I've only had them about a month so this is disappointing. I feel forced to melt them first.

Luckily, they do smell good.

oh gosh. What do you mean eroding? Sounds gross.

The plastic tart cups are soft, gummy and mushy on the bottom. I've heard of this happening with old tarts (from the fragrance) but my tarts are not old unless Candle dippers has had them a while before sending them to me. Maybe they are just strongly fragranced. It is kind of gross to handle them. I'm using them all as soon as possible.

Aria - I really don't know how to describe Turquoise, It's sort of a fresh floral spa type of scent. ok I looked it up. The description says "Deep and enchanting! A blend of citrus, vanilla and floral that is both uncommon and fantastic!" I haven't tried TX charm so I'm no help there. I do really like this scent but it is a strange unusual scent.

I added Candle Dippers Blue Lotus to the mix this afternoon. This one is beautiful and strong and floral. Here is part of the scent description "Elements of hyacinth, tuberose, freesia, neroli and lily counterbalanced with pomegranate, chrysanthemum, cypress and mahogany. An elegant scent! "

Juletones, some of my melts from Candledippers are doing that too. Just at the very bottom and it feels gooey and sticky when you push the wax out of the cups.

I don't think they're old tarts... I think whatever her wax formula is, it's doing something weird to the plasic cups.

Guest Anonymous

The plastic tart cups are soft, gummy and mushy on the bottom. I've heard of this happening with old tarts (from the fragrance) but my tarts are not old unless Candle dippers has had them a while before sending them to me. Maybe they are just strongly fragranced. It is kind of gross to handle them. I'm using them all as soon as possible.

eeeeeew I'm sorry you have poopy tarts. I've never gotten a tart cup like that before. I've had bagged tarts that were mooshy and oily.

I guess either she isn't mixing her oils in well enough or the oil/wax is reacting with the plastic in the cups.

Maybe you should email the company and let her know. She may not know of them doing that.

Guest Anonymous

I think whatever her wax formula is, it's doing something weird to the plasic cups.

lol I just wrote the same thing. :oops:

The clamshell tarts from Sugar and Spice are doing the same thing, and I just received them a few days ago. They are so gooey that I had to scoop out the wax, and I can see some white on the bottom of the plastic. I wonder if it is just the heat because they are suppose to be separated and the wax is like one smooth layer on the top.

:oops:

Hello!

I am here a little late today...we are updating the internet, may be out of commission til tomorrow... :oops: What is a tart/candlefind addict to do?

So, I hope all is going/went well Desert!

Jules - Blue lotus is one of my favorites!

Candledippers - I would be curious to see what Beth says as she used to have only clamshells and I think just recently went to the cups. I know she asked what I thought of the wax when they were in my last order, so I would tell her about the goo!

Guest Anonymous
The clamshell tarts from Sugar and Spice are doing the same thing, and I just received them a few days ago. They are so gooey that I had to scoop out the wax, and I can see some white on the bottom of the plastic. I wonder if it is just the heat because they are suppose to be separated and the wax is like one smooth layer on the top.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Have you gotten clamshells before? Most of them will be one smooth layer on top and not fully separated into six cubes - I always have to sort of 'score' or slice them. With harder wax I can pop the whole bar out and snap off the cubes I need, but generally speaking they start with a single top layer. You may have meant something else though....

S&S wax tends to be softer than most in general, BTW. Also, is the white you are seeing on the actual plastic or on the wax? That's not unusual with soy if it's on the wax.

I [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Candledippers. My problem was resolved beautifully. (see The Melting Pot)

I'm melting Blue Lotus still. It is a fantastic strong floral.

Sugar Cookie - For Every Body. I am trying the wafers and not getting much with 2 blocks. I ended up putting the pack in. Hope it gets a better throw, because the cold sniff is fabulous!

Birthday Cake in the kitchen; hearthside embers in the den and dragon's blood in the bedroom.

Mediterranian Garden Spa by Beth's Boutique

and

Seminole Winds by Candledippers

My whold family likes the Seminole Winds scent.

Tonight it's Mexican Hot Cocoa from CocoaPink - yummy