The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Momuvtwo -

Nothing can prepare you for the humidity down here. The afternoon thunderstorms are beautiful though. I'm SW of Orlando. I hope you have a fantastic trip.

Debra99 -

Beach Path Swirl is a med. YC jar with Sun & Sand, and Midnight Cove scents swirled together. I really like it. I wish it were a bit stronger though. It does well in a small room.

Heidi -

I hope you feel better soon.

I've got going:

Colonial Candle jar- Vanilla Frosted Cupcake

Busy Bee's tart- Vanilla Lavender

YC candle Beach Path

Full Moon Candle tart - Lemon Grass

Have a good Father's Day. Hug the ones who are near and remember the ones who are not. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

I just put on Under the Palm Tree from Cozy Cottage in the living room and am finishing up Blackberry Pie from NusyNee in the comp room. Haven't decided ehat else.

We are getting hit with torrential rains again here in Iowa. It may just disappear altogether.

Changed out already... my family was not happy with the scents I had melting... I put Candle Haven's Coco-Mint Frost on to clear the air!

Fleur--I hate it when I get things all set and then the family doesn't like it and I have to start all over. Hopefully, they will like the coco mint.

I have added Crosscreek Raspberry Smoothie and Bridgewater Raspberries & Cream to my raspberry day. It is smelling good in here.

Cherry Lemonade from Sugar & Spice. Since it's Father's Day, I let my husband pick the scent. [smilie=th_ecd36868] Hope everyone has a wonderful day and is able to spend some time with the special men in their lives. My dad and fil live out of state so we will be calling them soon.

Momuvtwo -

Nothing can prepare you for the humidity down here. The afternoon thunderstorms are beautiful though. I'm SW of Orlando. I hope you have a fantastic trip.

Debra99 -

Beach Path Swirl is a med. YC jar with Sun & Sand, and Midnight Cove scents swirled together. I really like it. I wish it were a bit stronger though. It does well in a small room.

Heidi -

I hope you feel better soon.

I've got going:

Colonial Candle jar- Vanilla Frosted Cupcake

Busy Bee's tart- Vanilla Lavender

YC candle Beach Path

Full Moon Candle tart - Lemon Grass

Have a good Father's Day. Hug the ones who are near and remember the ones who are not. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Jules, are you near Disney? My daughter, two of her classmates, my brother, and his daughter will be going there next month. We're so excited! Of course, there is the humidity. It's quite humid in the Delta, too, so maybe we can tolerate it.

Slpit, sorry to hear about the continued rains there. It's unbelievable. I used to work in western Iowa.

This morning I am getting a late start. I'm going to light my Pink Champagne and Citrus Linen candles from Pure Scents. Not sure what I'll melt today.

Wow, Jules, Beach Path sounds like the perfect candle! Too bad the throw is not stronger.

Today:

Old YC candle: Mango Blossom

Texas S: Tumbleweed

Happy Father's Day! I see a lot of ribs and big slabs of meat on the menus today!

Guest Anonymous

We are getting hit with torrential rains again here in Iowa. It may just disappear altogether.

Geeze, slpit, I'm sorry it's raining again in Iowa! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Are you ok where you are - no flooding for you? Besides damaging homes, isn't Iowa a large agricultural state, producing foods for the US? Are the farmlands flooded, too?

Melting CFTKR pink apple.....starting to smell good in here...

Guest candlefreak

Happy Father's Day everyone!

Today it was hubby's choice (of course!). He chose CBV Cotton Candy. It is making me hungry, lol. It is super sweet and sugary!

Happy Father's Day everyone!

Today it was hubby's choice (of course!). He chose CBV Cotton Candy. It is making me hungry, lol. It is super sweet and sugary!

LOL, hope he has a wonderful day!

Candlefreak, you seem to use CBV alot. Have you used their candles before? I ordered one that tunneled horribly. Just wondering if you've ever experienced that.

Geeze, slpit, I'm sorry it's raining again in Iowa! :shock:

Are you ok where you are - no flooding for you? Besides damaging homes, isn't Iowa a large agricultural state, producing foods for the US? Are the farmlands flooded, too?

Melting CFTKR pink apple.....starting to smell good in here...

We are not in immediate water peril where I live but our local community is. I live about 5 miles outside of town and the problems we may face are the Loess Hills washing down on the country roads. In '93 some of the dirt avalanches were a football field wide at each place. Not to mention sink holes that form due to land saturation. Most of the farm fields you can't even distinguish. Not to mention getting the many cattle to higher ground if possible. most of the exits to and from Interstate 29 are closed in our area and now some of the other major highways are closing. For a small rural community that does not have much in the way of durable or perishable goods available, just getting daily needs is a challenge as you don't know which towns you can even get to. They began sandbagging over a week ago as we are between 2 flooding rivers. I have my scents to bring me sanity.

Wow, slpit! :shock: I can't even being to imagine all of that rain, especially since we've been in a drought for the past couple of years. Why can't there just be a happy medium?

This afternoon, I'm melting bartlett & basil from missy's tempting tarts. Gosh, does this one ever smell good! And, it's super strong, too.

Guest candlefreak

Hi Cynthia... that's my daughter's name too! LOL

I have been a customer of Victoria's for years. I have really gotten into tarts more than candles, but on occasion I have burnt a candle or two from her. I have never had a problem with tunneling with her candles. The wicks sometimes mushroom but that is the only problem I have had. When you burn it the first time, do you let it melt all the way to the edge? If not, that may be the problem. From what I have read on her site, candles have memory and if you don't let them melt to the edge on the first light then they won't melt right. Victoria offers a 100 percent customer satisfaction, so you might contact her also. Hope that helps!

It's a gloomy, chilly day here today so I just had to get into beach mode to counteract it!

Sun & Sand and Ocean Mist, both from Crosscreek

Flip Flops from Bella's

Banana Colada from Texas Scentsations

Magaritaville from Tuscadero's

All smelled wonderful except for Margaritaville - this one had no scent at all so I dumped it and replaced it with Tahitian Daiquiri from Brown Bag. Banana Colada was a little light too but better than the Margaritaville.

A very happy Father's Day to all!

mjclkc... sounds delicious... and very fun!

I have added Candle Haven's Birthday Cake and Shortbread to the Coco-Mint Frost that has been melting most of the day...

trep.... my family must like the Coco-Mint Frost because I have not had any "that stinks" comments... :shock:

sipit.. I hope the "water issues" are resolved soon... stay safe!

Guest Anonymous

Changed from this morning's pink apple. I've discovered that,while I like pink blend scents on me - I don't want my house smelling like em. At first they're good - but then get too perfum-y (for me, at least). Anyone else like this? :shock:

Changed to PI oatmeal cookie. Ahhhh.......bakery bliss...... :P

s&s - I get burned out on the "pinks" very fast. Love em at first, but not for long!

Tonight is Jade's Watermelon

and

that darn YC candle that is probably too old - Mango - cuz I don't smell much, but I am going to keep burning it, darn it! :shock:

I have been a customer of Victoria's for years. I have really gotten into tarts more than candles, but on occasion I have burnt a candle or two from her. I have never had a problem with tunneling with her candles. The wicks sometimes mushroom but that is the only problem I have had. When you burn it the first time, do you let it melt all the way to the edge? If not, that may be the problem. From what I have read on her site, candles have memory and if you don't let them melt to the edge on the first light then they won't melt right. Victoria offers a 100 percent customer satisfaction, so you might contact her also. Hope that helps!

LOL...gotta love the name!

Thanks for the information. I did let it melt for quite sometime the first light. It never made it to the edge, though. I ended up sitting it on a warmer. Thanks so much for the feedback, that helps!

Hi Cynthia,

We live about 3 hours southwest of Orlando. Disney is so much fun. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it.

I like CBV candles better then their melts. I haven't had the tunneling but I've only used the 8 oz jars. Maybe the smaller container is helping.

Tonight is Can-Do Lavender Silk tart

Busy Bee's Butterscotch Brulee palm wax tart

It smells so sweet in here. I broke the Butterscotch in half and put it in two melters.

:shock:

Guest candlefreak

LOL...gotta love the name!

Thanks for the information. I did let it melt for quite sometime the first light. It never made it to the edge, though. I ended up sitting it on a warmer. Thanks so much for the feedback, that helps!

No problem!

Hi Cynthia,

We live about 3 hours southwest of Orlando. Disney is so much fun. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it.

I like CBV candles better then their melts. I haven't had the tunneling but I've only used the 8 oz jars. Maybe the smaller container is helping.

Tonight is Can-Do Lavender Silk tart

Busy Bee's Butterscotch Brulee palm wax tart

It smells so sweet in here. I broke the Butterscotch in half and put it in two melters.

:shock:

I am really excited for this Disney trip. My neice has never been, so my daughter will feel like she's 'showing her the ropes,' LOL.

Thanks for the feedback on the CBV candle. This was a larger jar with one wick, so maybe that was the problem. Loving the melts I've tried.