The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Guest Anonymous

Brown Sugar & Nutmeg from Carol & Charity's Texas Bluebonnet. This is a strong one!

Guest Anonymous
Goodgirl, You and your daughter are gorgeous! Jules, I saw a bunch of Colonial Honeycomb candles at Ross. The big ones were only $7.99. They smelled great!

This morning''s melt is Candledippers Queen of the Nile...not very strong...getting ready to change it....changed to appleberry spice from Angie's Country Candles...not getting anything from this either.

Hope this isn't the third strike....now it's blackberry creme from Tranquil Temptations Primitives!

Thanks Dabba, your daughter is stunning as well! Actually the blonde on the left is my 24 yo who is starting grad school in the Fall [smilie=th_FULL_O17] My youngest is 15 and a freshmen in HS [smilie=th_a194] I wish I looked that good !!

Debra99 wrote:

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juletones wrote:

Soy Indulgence - Honey Almond

I am so happy with this one I have to tell you all. This was a new vendor for me and this is the first soy melt I've used from them. It is fantastic! No fake almond. It's all about the honey but better with a little extra to smooth it out. Wonderful.

Finally I have an exact duplicate to replace Colonial Candle's Honeycomb that is discontinued. Thank goodness. Since I only got one to try, this scent immediately goes on the reorder list. I can't wait to try more from this vendor.

I just got my first order from them - they have very nice candles as well as melts. Cold sniff is strong, hope to get melting soon. Candle is nicely done - good for gifting! Did your melts need to cure?

Debra, Sorry I'm getting back to you late. Not even one day passed and there are 2 full pages of melting going on this thread. [smilie=th_a194]

I thought they may need to cure, but I was too curious to wait. It seems that they don't as I still have a good strong throw and I'm on my third tealight burn. I'm getting about 16 hours from this one.

I'm glad someone else plunged in and tried this vendor besides me.

Dabba, thank you for the heads up on Honeycomb Colonials at Ross. That is great news and a great price. Honeycomb is/was truely one of my favorites. I got so many compliments on it. It's one I pull out for company because it never offends anyones sensibilities. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] It's a crowd pleaser.

Just put on things for the late afternoon melt.

In the comp room it is a test tart in Pumpkin Crunch Brulee from BusyBee and it smells absolutely heavenly. It is in their palm wax which is my favorite. [smilie=th_a194]

In the living room I ust started melting Sweet Maple and Wood Flowers from Candle Haven and it has already filled the LR and kitchen. There is the slight sweetness of the maple with wood undertones and the slight hint of violets. Just beautiful. I was going to put something in the kitchen but that is not necessary now...this thing is throwing crazy....I am in love!!!! Again. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Guest Anonymous

Currently melting Spotted Hog's Pink Lime brittle.....It's quite tart [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

slpit I just received that Maple and Wood Flowers scent in my CH order today. I think I'll put that on here too. That sounds good.

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

edit: It's on. It's beautiful and it's unique. Love this one.

Guest Anonymous

Melting LOL's cranberry ginger. Love her stuff, but it's kinda giving me a headache.

Probably just 'ol hormonal me - & not the scent [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Satsuma from pinepointcandles.com

this is the first i have ever tried. someone on this board told me about free samples and i got them within just a few days. This one is wonderful. the whole family loves it.

Satsuma from pinepointcandles.com

this is the first i have ever tried. someone on this board told me about free samples and i got them within just a few days. This one is wonderful. the whole family loves it.

I just got my samples, too, and am anxious to try them out!

Jules - thanks for the scoop on SI, they look like very high quality tarts, (and I also saw the Honeycomb at Ross - so hopefully you will find them too if you have one you can zip over to) :?

Tonight is Aroma Soy Geisha...and day 3 1/2 of Buckeye's pink sugar, day 2 of Crossrcreek Amish Quilt. If this keeps up I won't need to buy tarts for a long time! :oops:

Ha!

Patch & Honey and Nag Champa, both from Cozy Cottage and both very wonderful.

Nag Champa, how very hippie of you!

Today I have on a YC Velvet Petals. This is almost embarassingly feminine smelling, but I can't lie, I like it. Also have candles in Willow Breeze, Amber Glow and Island Spa going. Still trying to burn through some candles before the big sale Thursday.

I try to be just as hippie as I can!!! [smilie=th_e13]

Eileen, you and I must be the scent twins of Cozy Cottage. We seem to enjoy the same scents. I love the Barbershop one as well.

My overnight melt in the kitchen is a sample from Cozy Cottage called Toasted Marshmallow. I was surprised that I could actually smell this scent. Usually from most vendors I cannot, but Tammy always works her magic.

In the living room I have Galveston Isalnd from Candle Haven going and I love this scent as well. So fresh, waterlike and outdoorsy.

In the comp room it is another test scent in Lavender Coconut Milk from BusyBee. I love the way the coconut milk takes the edge off the lavender and actually adds a sweet note.

[smilie=th_e13]

Melting McCall's Country Vanilla, but think I will try the Rosemary Ginger in an oil burner. I slipped into an apothecary going out of buisness on my vacation, and the owner mixed the oil for me. Some customers walked in and I overheard them say "they sell evil potions in here." Maybe this is some magic potion.

:lol:

Guess I will have to see if it affects me. [smilie=th_e13]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning - Burning a candle this morning for work, didn't feel like dealing with the melters...PI's Herb Garden - always fantastic!

Guest Anonymous

Bella's Chocolate Brulee

in all my melters [smilie=th_bomb]

I have died and gone to heaven! [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Still melting Cozy Moments Pink Marshmallow that I put on last night... I love this scent (I also have it in Bath and Body products). I will probably change out later this morning. I need to go through my tarts to organize. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] The tart basket is a little messy and disorganized... needs a shape up!