The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Sweet, hope you get your computer fixed. I can relate. My computer was only 3 yrs old and it went kaflunk last week. I figured by the time I got it repaired, and with labor and parts(I think it was either the hard drive or the motherboard), I would just get a new tower and have the OS upgrade.

:P tunisianswife - mind if I ask U what was wrong w/your 'puter? Mine (Dell) is only 3 years old, too. All of a sudden it just turns off. It comes right back on, but since my ISP is dial-up, it obviously bumps me off line. I don't know much about 'puters. I s'pose I'll have to either call Dell (I don't want to talk to someone in India! grrr) or call the Geek Squad...?

Debra - your surprise snow really made a lengthy day for everyone. Glad you have your sniffer back, tho!

Burning my GC Holiday Wreath candle and melting LOL's Christmas Apple.

Happy New Year everyone! :lol:

Barbita, I love that too. Mine is about gone but I've so enjoyed it. great throw and not sooty. I am finding I like a thinner wic that you get in the 3 wick, as it does not produce the soot.

Just switched out the LR melter to the last half of CBV Hello Dolly. gosh, this is so good.

Tunisianswife, Yes I agree. I love the thinner three wicks. And no SOOT! I'm becoming a big fan of Slatkin.Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gif I also love the fact, if there is a problem BBW takes them back with no problems.

:P Happy New Year!!

Barbita, I love Slatkin candles.l have only had 1 3-wick that ever tunneled. I do get a good throw with the sandalwood vanilla 1 wick but really have not had alot of luck with the other 1 wicks. Nice full melt pool with the 3 wicks and they are very forgiving with a wick-trim error.

Maggie, mine also would suddenly just shut down then boot back up. It did that for about a week and then it would not boot. I did a system restore which worked(installed all the drivers correctly) but then when I shut it down, it would not even boot. they told me it sounded like the hard drive or motherboard. It was an E-machine, which I had bought that brand for my first pc, had it for six years and never had a bit of trouble. I only bought the newer one since I could no longer get any windows98 upgrades. Every tech person I talked to from Best Buy, to roadrunner tech support(it also blew out my cable modem), to the tech that came out with the new modem said Emachine and Dell are notorious. who knew?

I so did not mean to hijack either. lol

Debra: I' m glad you made it home safe and sound, but I'm sure it was a tense drive home.

My DS has been using my vehicle since he has been and town, so I have been stuck at home a lot. I need to go to the bank to get some $$$ so I can go to the store.

This morning i have been melting SSS-Sugar Snaps. My living room smells yummi-licious.

This morning I am melting-

Kiwi, Sage, and Ginger-Can Do

Lemon Icee-CFTKR

Holiday Rendevous-CFTKR

Flannel Sheets-LOL

Black Linen and Amber-CFTKR

Hope you all have a good day and Happy New Year's Eve.

Happy New Year's Eve! :P We're staying in tonight and just watching movies with the kids.

Debra, so glad you finally made it home. I bet you're more than ready for the week-end, huh?

Aria, you sound just like my mom. :lol: She keeps scolding me about "over doing it".

This morning I'm melting Grandma's Zucchini Bread from Bella's.

Melting:

EW's - Hot Buns in the LR (the last one)

Nene's - Meemaw's Kitchen in the FR (fabulous)

Wishing everyone a fun and safe New Years Eve! confetti.gif

Afternoon melts:

The Tart Shack streudel and spice...doubled up...weak

GHBT clove....moderate

YC holiday bayberry...very strong

YC sparkling pine...very strong

Ya'll have a great NYE...Is Saturday New Year's Adam? :P

[smilie=th_fabulous1] It must be, Dabba. So cute, and it makes perfect sense, doesn't it? [smilie=thank_you]

Melting SH's Cranberry Marmalade. I'm crazy about this one! :lol:

Gail

Hi everyone and Happy New Years Eve!

Today I'm melting

Can-do Peppermint Stick

EW Mac Apple

Candles ...Twisted Pepermint and Spice both from Slatkin

I hope all of you have a safe and fun NYE!

Happy new Year's Eve everyone.

We will stay in tonight...roads still not the greatest and places are just too far away in our rural community. So will have us some popcorn with lots of butter, a movie and Margarita's. Love my Margarita's.

This afternoon it is Cheryl's everywhere.

LR and Kitchen melting Mac Apple and also burning her Mac Apple candle.

In the comp room it is her Caramel Nut Cluster...they are combining to make a delicious caramel apple with nuts on top!!!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year's Eve. I've been out all day getting parts for the Jeep and of course hitting Yankee again for some tarts. I've had Candied Apple on all day so will just leave it as there is not enough time to change it out and it still smells good. Hope you all enjoy your evening and stay safe.

Jason--love your new avatar.

Happy New Year's Eve!!!

DH surprised me today by taking me to YC. I was soooo shocked because a few days ago he took me by the hand out of the store and I had to leave my beloved Warm Apple Crisp behind. Well today I got that baby back! I also got Granny Smith for $15 (had to use a coupon for this one because it wasn't on sale) and Pumpkin Pie, Warm Apple Crisp, Be Thankful, and MacIntosh & Peach. Woohoo...I think I'm set for the rest of the year. These candles don't put off too much scent but that's what I use Carol's tarts for anyway. I was hoping to use the coupon for a Strawberry Buttercream but they don't have those yet. My store was almost bare.

Today's scents have been -

CFTKR's Home Sweet Home (more buttery than YC's) and Country Bake Shop ( so so so very good). I've been burning Christmas Eve, Christmas Treats, Winterland and Egg Nog.

Have a wonderful and very safe night!

LLVV, so nice of your husband. enjoy your candles.

had to blow out my butterrum peanut butter cookie candle from CBV-down to the last drops. :lol: melting her caramel corn. wow is it strong and buttery good! all other melts and candles the same.

have a good eve, all

Guest ilovescentedthings
Happy New Year's Eve!!!

DH surprised me today by taking me to YC. I was soooo shocked because a few days ago he took me by the hand out of the store and I had to leave my beloved Warm Apple Crisp behind. Well today I got that baby back! I also got Granny Smith for $15 (had to use a coupon for this one because it wasn't on sale) and Pumpkin Pie, Warm Apple Crisp, Be Thankful, and MacIntosh & Peach. Woohoo...I think I'm set for the rest of the year. These candles don't put off too much scent but that's what I use Carol's tarts for anyway. I was hoping to use the coupon for a Strawberry Buttercream but they don't have those yet. My store was almost bare.

Today's scents have been -

CFTKR's Home Sweet Home (more buttery than YC's) and Country Bake Shop ( so so so very good). I've been burning Christmas Eve, Christmas Treats, Winterland and Egg Nog.

Have a wonderful and very safe night!

Lucky!!! ours didn't have warm apple crisp at all. And that was one I was after.. Enjoy it and what a great hubby you have.

Nice haul, LLVV.

I'm melting Citrus Linen H2O from EW in the powder room and in the kitchen and living room are my last two Caramel & Pralines, also from EW. My EW stash is dwindling. :lol:

I've decided I'll be burning instead of melting as my DH, my youngest DS, and I ring in the New Year at home tonight.

Right now I'm burning:

Pure Integrity - Sugared Spruce in the LR (simply wonderful)

Bean Pod - Candy Cane in the FR (two jars burning to get the throw I need)

I love the way these two scents compliment each other as we walk from one room into the other. These will be burning throughout the night and I'll be sure to keep the wicks trimmed.

Oooo Denny, those scents must be fabulous together! :lol:

I'm melting PI's Vanilla. It's my very first experience with PI and I surely do appreciate a CF friend mailing me a surprise package. [smilie=thank_you] [smilie=th_aa21] This is pure, unadulterated, authentic vanilla and it's [smilie=th_fabulous1] [smilie=th_yahoo]

Have a safe and happy NYE everyone!

Gail

mp, I have forgotten all about citrus linen h20 scent. I too love it. I got it in a bag of cherub tarts from CCCC. thanks for reminding me.

denny, that combo does sound wonderful. almost like a sugared spruce

switched out the LR melter to Bizzy b's warm gingerbread and something, and twigs and berries in the BR.

Gail - PI's Vanilla is the best IMO. There are other good vanillas out there but I haven't found any I like quite as well as PI's. Enjoy!