The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

This morning it's cucumber and Cream by can-do....very good!

Also Christmas Snow from Missy...love this one.

Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Candy Cane Stars and burning YC's Winter Wonderland.

Trep, how is that Strawberry Buttercream?

good morning, all. supposed to be quite a deep-freeze here for a bit. glad the heat is fixed.

CBV the Porridge Pot

CFTKR Indian Princess(? I think that is the name. it's very nice)

CHC Lily of the Valley

LLVV-how is Carol's candy cane stars? I've had my eye on that one too.

hope everyone has a good day.

Trep-I remember years ago when my sister was getting ready to take her driving test, she was practicing parking maneuvers in our big barn. She put the big Chrysler Newport Royale through the back of the barn. I remember my mother being so angry and saying, 'wait til your father gets home.' My dear father, God rest his soul, just calmly asked my sister if she was ok, and then he just chuckled. I'm sure it doesn't help your son's confidence factor but thank goodness it was just a garage door.

bf-mutsysmiley.gif Good morning friends

This morning it's Crosscreek's Eggnog...so yummy!

trep, I also ordered some of the new YC scents from Candles to my Door! Hope you got the sale price! I can't wait to get them and sniff! The spring scents sound more appealing to me this year for some reason. They had too many florals last spring, I think. Looking forward to these fruity and fresh scents! That Strawberry Buttercream sounds dreamy! Ugh about the Jeep...

:lol:

Maggie, omg, loved your story about the car! Funny! I remember backing out of our driveway in Detroit and didn't realize I way too close to the house and off came the rear view mirror of my mom's car! :lol: :oops: The houses were sooooo close together with very narrow driveways! Tricky!!! :lol:

Have a great day everyone and happy melting! teaparty.gif

Hey everyone,

Cold cold cold................again here on the east coast. Whats wrong with this picture? I live on an island "for petes sake" and we just had 2 feet of snow last week........LOL Guess I need to move to a tropical island.

Burning Christmas Memories by CBV. "Love it!"

Nine loads of laundry sitting in the baskets to be put away and then just some straightening up and shopping for NYEve munchies.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and Happy New Years to all, if I don't get back here. I'm sure I will though............

:lol:

Thanks everyone who responded to my garage/Jeep story--I got some laughs out of them.

I missed out on the sale prices for the new Yankee scents as I ordered mine last week when I got the email telling about them. I may order more now that they are on sale. I have the Strawberry Buttercream one on now and it is really good. Smells like the swirl candle they bring out at Valentine time. The others I got smell good cold so I hope I like them. I totally agree that these are way better than last year's spring scents. They were awfully perfumey to me.

Thank you everyone for your get well wishes. The antibiotic is working, now I just need to make the dreaded dental appointment for the first of the year to get started on this new bridge. Trep, I'm glad DS and garage came away o.k. I still worry every time my youngest one pulls out of the driveway. This morning I am melting SSS-Hansel and Gretel. I hope everyone is having a good week. I've been slow movin' and with DH back to work maybe I can get something done around here. :lol:

Tunisian, that is a hilarious story about your sister! :lol: About five years ago I backed into a tree and my whole rear window just shattered. :lol:

Currently melting:

Southern Star sugared donuts and NeNe's caramel nut sticky buns...both strong, but the NeNe's tart isn't lasting long :lol:

These car stories are just cracking me up! Thank goodness we all drive so much better nowadays!!! LOL!!! :lol:

Melting HOT Strawberry Mint Licorice- sounds weird but smells nice and McCall's Jack Frost.

Have a good one all!

Maurie~ I know what you mean about the cold...I let the dog out this morning and the sliding door was almost iced shut! YIKES!

Now that the Yankee Strawberry Buttercream has been on for several hours I wanted to say that although it does smell like the strawberry/buttercream swirl candle that usually appears for Valentine's Day--this tart is a better and more even blend of strawberry and buttercream. I always felt the swirl candle was heavier on the strawberry but this seems to be a really perfect combo. I am enjoying it very much. Glad I got two.

Kim--so glad you are feeling better.

Happy New Year's Eve eve! :lol:

Tunisian, I'm glad you've got heat again. That must have been pretty chilly! Too funny about your sister's accident and your dad's response. He must have been a sweetheart! :lol: Everybody must have a "car vs. something" story. I remember my daughter being 16 years old and coming around the corner by our house. In the days before we all wore seatbelts, she flipped the car upside down and crashed into a tree. What a horrible sight to see from my front door! She and her girlfriend were completely unharmed and crawled out the front windows onto the street. The tree didn't fare as well and received a huge, gaping gash. Twenty years later it's bears a big scar but is still thriving. :lol:

Maurie, too funny about your "island" weather!

Katz, glad to hear you're on the mend, girl.

I'm melting Cheryl's Candy Cane. OH SO GOOD on this cold, cloudy, windy day.

Gail

HI Gail,

Yes we have a cold windy day down here also. BRRRR!

I'm meeting " Denny" from the forum for coffee at Starbucks this am. Fun!coffee_cute_icon_by_pinkstarlights.gif

I am still melting Autimn Pear and burning, Gold canyon's Gingerbread House. My house smells wonderful.

Guest ilovescentedthings
HI Gail,

Yes we have a cold windy day down here also. BRRRR!

I'm meeting " Denny" from the forum for coffee at Starbucks this am. Fun!coffee_cute_icon_by_pinkstarlights.gif

I am still melting Autimn Pear and burning, Gold canyon's Gingerbread House. My house smells wonderful.

lucky you sounds like fun to go meet Denny. If only I wasn't sitting up here in Northern CA.

Barbara and Denny, have a super time at Starbuck's! How totally fun for both of you!. :lol: Are you going to make a day of it and go to Home Goods too? Just askin'... :lol:

Gail

Denny andBarbita, have a nice day at starbucks. I was just telling my hubby the other day how much I love going into a starbucks. It has 'me' written all over it. I love the music, the whole ambience. Their Christmas blend this year is wonderful. I am on my 3rd big bag of it.

Gail, I remember the days of the no seatbelts. I can remember my mom holding my infant brother when we went to church. of course the cars were big Sherman tanks back then too. must have been so scary to watch but those guardian angels were sure around. funny the notch is still in that tree.

had to switch out the porridge pot; not a fan. I don't detect any sweet in this. I didn't on cold sniff but was hoping once it was melted I would.

Haley's Fireside

Peppermint cream

Hi everyone, hope your having a great day!

Last nghts melt was the new YC Tahitian Flower, very strong, I definitely liked the scent.

Here are the photos of the beautiful candle box my sister made for me for Xmas. I sooo love it!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle1.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle2.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle3.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle5.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle6-1.jpg

Guest ilovescentedthings
Hi everyone, hope your having a great day!

Last nghts melt was the new YC Tahitian Flower, very strong, I definitely liked the scent.

Here are the photos of the beautiful candle box my sister made for me for Xmas. I sooo love it!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle1.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle2.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle3.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle5.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/sillysmom/candle6-1.jpg

what a special sister you have. That is a wonderfull and thoughtfull gift.I love it.

Hehe...I am just laughing about the no seatbelt thing! I distinctly remember being a child and sitting in the front seat of my mom's Ford Maverick. Any time Mom had to make a quick stop or brake hard, her arm would come flying over to keep me from going forward into the dashboard! Anyone else remember that? It was like a natural reflex move! :lol:

Awhile ago, I lit a 9 oz jar of CBV's Peanut Butter Cookie....the cold smell was heavenly! However, it's been burning for at least a couple of hours and I can only smell it if I am right next to the candle. I've even tried moving to a different location....bummer.

Right now, I am burning Autumn Apple from Slatkin....love this scent. It's good anytime, not just for autumn! :lol:

Ooooo, Sillys, that is BEAUTIFUL and PRICELESS! :lol: Thank you so much for sharing. What a thoughtful and talented sister you have!

I switched to Busy Bee's Bay Leaf & Pepper, a reliable fave. :lol:

Gail