The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

A Scentember to Remember

Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Gingerbread House and Coconut Cream Cake. I'm burning YC's Mountain Pine (or was, the wick just went out so the candle is done) and Candied Apple.

I was in YC yesterday. I was a little bit disappointing. It seems like they celebrated Halloween a month early because almost all of the Halloween stuff is gone, there was only 1 tart burner style in the whole store (a plain white one) and not much going on. I think they are cutting back on stuff due to the economy.

Wow: ttmontes that was some wind and I'm glad you're o.k. Are these vines that will come back next year? Just checking in and I'm melting Candledippers-Country Bazaar. I feel like I'm at a craft show.

Hello everyone,

I'm not melting anything yet. I have to go out for awhile.

Ttmontes, those Mandevillas are beautiful plants. I'm sorry yours got abused by the wind. Glad you guys are okay though. Sounds like some mighty strong winds hit your area!

I checked Bigred's profile. His last post was Friday the 25th. Hopefully he's out and about having a good time somewhere...

I'll check in later on with my scent report. Have a good morning, all!

Gail

Hi All!

I have missed my CF friends! My company left this morning. We had a wonderful visit. I wished we lived closer. Need to run out for a bit but when I get back I will get back to my melting. I have lots to catch up on here. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Michele, if you find time, please fill us in on which scents your house guests enjoyed. Welcome back to the forum. We missed ya!

I'm home for the rest of the day, hopefully. I'm going with SH's Pumpkin Carrot Strudel. What a great one! Very smooth, warm, and comforting on this cool fall day. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Gail

Wanted to update on my Spiced Pumpkin Chutney. I said it smelled weird, but I think that may have been because it had been sitting in a closed drawer with alot of piney scents for a year. The longer it has been going, the better it's gotten. The spice notes are really coming through now.

For this afternoon it is Tyler Warm Sugar Cookies, Yankee Dreadfully Delicious Swirl and Blueberry Scone. I was out for awhile and where I got the Tyler candle they had homemade cappuccino bread--has chocolate chips in it, too--can't wait to try it.
[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Drooling over that cappuccino bread with c.chips. Yum!

This afternoon I'm smelling :

EE - Desolate Forest melt

SA candle - Witch's Brew

WG candle - White Cherry Cheesecake (last day for this)

These have been on all day. I'm going to switch out the Desolate Forest for Country Home Scents - Heavenly Honey

Man, we have a storm moving in... maybe bringing snow???/ [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!!

Right now I am melting Candledipper's Doodlebug, but when I get home I am going to light every candle I've got!

Good afternoon.

I've spent the greater part of this afternoon out in the front yard gardening. I got this crazy idea to plant bulbs. First I had to rip out the old stuff. I'm exhausted. I hope they look nice next spring because that was a lot of work. I'm not an outdoorsy person but this needed to be done. DD actually helped me too which was really nice. She loves flowers.

I'm going to relax with Noel Nog for the rest of the day. I'm glad dinner is actually done.

Unfortunately, My Haley's Christmas Cookies, had no scent after 1/2 hour. [smilie=th_jaja] I even sniffed coffee to clear my nose. Then I went outside for 10 min., came back in and still could not smell it. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] I must have gotten a dud.

I'm now melting Cathy's Cast Iron Cookies by Can-Do.

This is very strong and sooo wonderful. I'm very happy now! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Finally got down to some melting!

Busy Bee Creamy Vanilla in 2 melters-This s wonderful!! Love it!

CCCC Vanilla de Bomb - very nice also

I am burning a Slatkins Candle in Ginger Vanilla-great scent and I am very surprised by the throw.

My cousins all took one home with them. They loved the tarts. My cousin actually went through some of my stash and took some melts home.

Gail-I went easy on the scents when they were here. One of my cousins was on chemotherapy and I didn't know if the scents would bother her. I put on EW Drunk Apples, Haley's Spiced Apple, BG Citrus Basil and SSS Vanilla Berry. We were actually out for most of the days so at night I just lit a candle. I have company withdrawal right now so the scents I have on tonight are relaxing. Does anyone else find their smellies relaxing after a stressful day?

LLVV, that bulb planting takes a lot of effort, but they'll be beautiful in spring! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Barbara, what a shame about your Christmas Cookies not lasting. [smilie=th_jaja] 'Course, Christmas Cookies don't usually last long, but then, that's a totally different scenario. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

SNOW, Darling? [smilie=th_u51]

I'm melting Carol's Melonade. So droolworthy, and just about the last of my warm weather scents.

Gail

Finally got down to some melting!

Busy Bee Creamy Vanilla in 2 melters-This s wonderful!! Love it!

CCCC Vanilla de Bomb - very nice also

I am burning a Slatkins Candle in Ginger Vanilla-great scent and I am very surprised by the throw.

My cousins all took one home with them. They loved the tarts. My cousin actually went through some of my stash and took some melts home.

Gail-I went easy on the scents when they were here. One of my cousins was on chemotherapy and I didn't know if the scents would bother her. I put on EW Drunk Apples, Haley's Spiced Apple, BG Citrus Basil and SSS Vanilla Berry. We were actually out for most of the days so at night I just lit a candle. I have company withdrawal right now so the scents I have on tonight are relaxing. Does anyone else find their smellies relaxing after a stressful day?

Yes Michele, After a stressful day I love to put on an herbal scent. C.F.T.K.R. Herbal Leaf is wonderful for me [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Michele, that's a great plan to go easy when you have guests, even if they aren't on chemo. Some people have allergies, some are scent sensitive and sometimes you just never know what their issues might be!

Yes, I definitely find my smellies relaxing after a crazy day. I think it's the same sort of thing that Cisley calls her "comfort scents." [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Gail

LLVV, that bulb planting takes a lot of effort, but they'll be beautiful in spring! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Barbara, what a shame about your Christmas Cookies not lasting. [smilie=th_u51] 'Course, Christmas Cookies don't usually last long, but then, that's a totally different scenario. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

SNOW, Darling? :shock:

I'm melting Carol's Melonade. So droolworthy, and just about the last of my warm weather scents.

Gail

Gail you are so funny :P Droolworthy [smilie=th_jaja]