The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Hi everyone,

Lisa I am SO GLAD your husband wasn't seriously hurt. Wowza, that must have been mighty scary!

Eileen, have a wonderful celebration with your sister!

I'm sending get well soon wishes to everyone who's been under the weather.

I'm way behind on reading and posting. I've been down with a horrible cold and also serving a couple days of jury duty. They picked their last alternate this afternoon so the rest of us were excused and I am SO HAPPY to be out of there, I can't tell you. Now that I'm done, I guess I can talk about it. The case is going to be a long one. The defendant is charged with murdering his little boy. Can you imagine? What a tragic and horrifying crime! We had to fill out pages and pages of a questionnaire, all about can we be impartial even after we've seen autopsy photos and crime scene photos. I'm getting a headache all over again just thinking about it.

Sorry to be a downer, I'll hush up now. Just wanted to explain why I've been MIA around here. On a cheerier note, to and from jury duty, I passed Hodge Road and each time I'd go by I'd say to myself, "It really should be Hodge Podge Road, like our beloved forum topic!" :)

Time for some Excedrin and some catching up. I'm so glad to be back! :)

eta: I'm melting Cheryl's Sugar Cane and Vanilla even though I have a cold! It's refreshing and lovely!

Gail

Lisa, so sorry to hear about what happened to your poor DH!! We're all very thankful that he's OK.

Safe travels, Eileen, and have a great trip! :)

Tonight it's Mediterranean Fig from EW. The strength is perfect and I like the smell, although after the sweet MD tart I had going, it almost smells a little bitter or dark in comparison. But I'm convinced it's just the order of scents and nothing bad about this one.

Good Evening

melting CFTKR's Mac apple

YC Cranberry Chutney

Lisa....So glad to here your DH is okay,that's very scary!

Eileen ....Hope you enjoy your visit with your sister! :)

Lisa, I'm so glad your DH is okay! Bless your heart...I hope you can wind down this evening.

What a great celebration Eileen...hope you enjoy it, and it's good to see you posting!

Melting CP ~ Red Velvet Cake

AMS ~ Cookie Dough

GW ~ Hazelnut Marshmallow

SH ~ Frosted Orange Cupcake

These scents are making me crave dessert!

Thank you friends! :)

DH is still feeling OK and plans to go to work tomorrow if he's not very sore. OTOH, my back is killing me today. Sympathy pains, maybe? :) I'm very emtional too...just so thankful he is OK. I am amazed by how quickly everything is done. We already have our rental car! I guess we will know tomorrow if the car will be junked or not. Thanks again for the well wishes.

I'm continuing with LOL's Toasted Almond & Cherries for the night.

Hi all! Last scents of the night for me are:

K - Apples & Maple Bourbon - SH - A really nice strong scent from SH

LR - Ylang Ylang - Can-Do - A very nice moderately strong floral scent

BR - Aged Merlot - EE - Awesome moderately strong scent - A new favorite

Bathroom - Linen - Ganz Time & Again - This scent is actually really nice - like fresh crisp clean sheets after hanging out to dry in the sun and breeze.

Going to finish watching Dancing with the Stars now! :)

:)

Glad things turned out OK, Lisa! Wowie, I bet that was a scare.

Thanks for the B&BW feedback everyone - looks like Dancing Waters is the winner.

My cat knocked a glass of wine over on the laptop and so it is in the shop...then I went to bed and heard a ginormous crash! I was sure something horrible had happened to my son upstairs. Almost as bad - my shelf that held all my unburned YC candles pulled out of the wall and hit the ground. I had two casualties, and several minor injuries. [smilie=th_welcome]

Of course the rest of the family thought I was overreacting to the loss...

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Glad things turned out OK, Lisa! Wowie, I bet that was a scare.

Thanks for the B&BW feedback everyone - looks like Dancing Waters is the winner.

My cat knocked a glass of wine over on the laptop and so it is in the shop...then I went to bed and heard a ginormous crash! I was sure something horrible had happened to my son upstairs. Almost as bad - my shelf that held all my unburned YC candles pulled out of the wall and hit the ground. I had two casualties, and several minor injuries. [smilie=th_welcome]

Of course the rest of the family thought I was overreacting to the loss...

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

OUCH! I'm so sorry that happened. Which candles were damaged/broken?

Thanks for the support, bigred! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Final rites were given for Autumn Wreath (too many glass shreds embedded in the wax) and a green one that was part of the Heritage Collection called Woodland something (it was a limey grassy scent) - these were not salvagable. The ones with cracked glass included my Sparkling Angel, Cedar Wreath and the Mother's Day Mum candle.

You were missed Puppylove! Glad you got out of Jury duty. I just watched a movie called "The Juror" last night..what suspense! If you watch it, you wil REALLY be glad you aren't serving on a jury.

Sorry to hear about you candles Debra! Good thing nobody was hurt. Now you have a good reason to get more. [smilie=th_welcome] Hope you can replace them.

Just added CYS Laura Ingall's Stocking to tonight's melts and LOL's French Vanilla Oak. Gosh, I love this one! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Gail....so glad to have you back! I hate jury duty too!

Eileen....have a wonderful trip!!

Tonight I've got on Fudged Up Yellow Cake by LOL! Smells wonderful!

Great idea Heart! There should be some sympathy purchases in all that!

Actually I goofed, bigred - I fished the glass out of the trash - it is the Encore Collection that is the YC, Woodland Spring. ( I had an offbrand candle sitting on the shelf that was "Heritage") It didn't sound right after I tyoed, you know?

Tonight is Scent Chips, Hibiscus - but from Island Candle... Yep - no typo on that one. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] I thought they looked familiar and that is what the tag says! I thought I.C. made all their products, but I guess not. These are part of the $10 gift set that included a melter, tealights and a bag of melts. They are not on the site right now because they said they have to make more tealights. But they don't make the melts. [smilie=th_welcome] So, if you wanna try Scent Chips and need a little melter, at a good price - watch for them to come back.

Thanks for the support, bigred! [smilie=th_welcome] Final rites were given for Autumn Wreath (too many glass shreds embedded in the wax) and a green one that was part of the Heritage Collection called Woodland something (it was a limey grassy scent) - these were not salvagable. The ones with cracked glass included my Sparkling Angel, Cedar Wreath and the Mother's Day Mum candle.

Not Autumn Wreath! Oh, it's worse than it sounded! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Monalissa, I'm glad your DH is OK. Sorry about the car.

Debra - sorry about the accident with the jar candles.

Ending with

Holiday Wassail - CHC. This is wonderful, and old favorite.

Hello Dolly - CBV

Fresh Linen - The Tin Barn

Good Morning.

Lisa, I hope your husband had a restful night.

Debra.... my condolences for your candle shelf. [smilie=th_welcome]

I hope those who are traveling soon have a safe journey.

I am melting Island Heat and Cosmopolitan "Tini" from CFTKR. I am still pretending that it is tropical in my house. It is so darn cold and gray outside this week!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Good Morning!

Lisa - I'm so happy that your DH is ok!!!

I'm melting Carol's Amish Quilt this morning.

Hi everyone,

Lisa I am SO GLAD your husband wasn't seriously hurt. Wowza, that must have been mighty scary!

Eileen, have a wonderful celebration with your sister!

I'm sending get well soon wishes to everyone who's been under the weather.

I'm way behind on reading and posting. I've been down with a horrible cold and also serving a couple days of jury duty. They picked their last alternate this afternoon so the rest of us were excused and I am SO HAPPY to be out of there, I can't tell you. Now that I'm done, I guess I can talk about it. The case is going to be a long one. The defendant is charged with murdering his little boy. Can you imagine? What a tragic and horrifying crime! We had to fill out pages and pages of a questionnaire, all about can we be impartial even after we've seen autopsy photos and crime scene photos. I'm getting a headache all over again just thinking about it.

Sorry to be a downer, I'll hush up now. Just wanted to explain why I've been MIA around here. On a cheerier note, to and from jury duty, I passed Hodge Road and each time I'd go by I'd say to myself, "It really should be Hodge Podge Road, like our beloved forum topic!" [smilie=th_welcome]

Time for some Excedrin and some catching up. I'm so glad to be back! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

eta: I'm melting Cheryl's Sugar Cane and Vanilla even though I have a cold! It's refreshing and lovely!

Gail

THEY WOULD JUST HAVE TO DISMISS ME BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY I COULD BE IMPARTIAL!

Mandarin lime from GHBT's! Its a strong one!

Sounds like everyone had a time so far this week! Well wishes!

This morning I am melting-

LOL-Buttercream Apple Crunch

Candledippers-Strawberry Shortcake

AMS-Creme Brulee

Anam Cara-Strawberries & Creme

M-D Candles-Ameretto

Have a good day!

:lol: Good Morning!!

I am melting LOL Pink Sugared Jelly Beans, and boy its a good scent!! Good and sweet and strong too...perfect amount of PS in there!!

Have a wonderful day [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Lisa-I'm so glad to hear your husband is ok. Glad to hear they got you a rental so quickly, hopefully everything ends up ok for the car as well.

Debra-Such a tragedy, I'm sorry to hear for your loss of great YC candles. Especially the Autumn Wreath, such a sad sad day.

Melting CFKTR-Apple Spice Cake (yum is this one good) and burning my YC Spa Fresh and Key Lime Pie Jars. Should be the last burn for Key Lime Pie. I'm excited to pick out a new candle...waiting on deck is GC Strawberry Shortcake!