The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

I got tired of melting tarts I can barely smell so I changed scents to:

K - Bird of Paradise - Can-Do - A nice scent but not very strong which is unusual for Can-Do. A blend of tropical flowers and pomegranate is the scent description.

Bigred, fyi...Crosscreek's Bird of Paradise is a stronger one with a decent throw. There is something about this scent that makes it difficult to come out really good in a tart form which is unfortunate because it is such a lovely scent.

You may need to switch to candles for a while!

I just lit Tyler's Sheer Rain which is a super strong one for cleaning day! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Thanks Jules! At least none of my students got in trouble today. I just saw that I won the contest, I am THRILLED!!!!Candlefind is the best thing EVER!!!

Candlelove, I also wanted to say I am so glad your daughter is ok, accidents on the freeway always scare the poop out of me! and DesertRose, I hope you get to feeling better soon! We are burning Bermuda Triangle from GHBT today, I like it! Very fruity!

Michele - I am glad your daughter is okay. Being in an accident is a very frightening thing.

Congratulations darling. I know you will enjoy your prizes.

I'm melting Strawberry Jam Cheesecake from Blue Gecko. I only used half of the tart and it is so strong. I need more of these.

Good afternoon...

I've started a couple of Crosscreek melts for this rainy, windy, dreary afternoon. I've got Seven Layer Bars in the kitchen and Snickers Coffee here in the living room. Smells very tasty in here. [smilie=th_c2e41937] I want to light my new Crossroads Country Breakfast candle too, but it is upstairs and I don't feel like going to get it...me=lazy. The house is quiet and the cat is happily snoozing next to me. I feel a little nap coming on.....

[smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Michele, so sorry to hear about DD's accident. We have lots of deer around here too.

DesertRose, stay in bed and rest up.....drink some hot tea with a lot of lemon in it too.

TODAY IS A WONDERFUL DAY!!! [smilie=th_december2201661-1] [smilie=th_c2e41937]

My Nene's box came in today! I could roll around in some of these smells! On cold sniff, I think some of my favorites will be the chunkie cup in Pink Sugared Strawberries, plus Johnathan Apple, Vanilla Scone, and Butterscotch Brulee! I can't wait for this Bermuda Triangle to wear out so I can pop one in! I am trying to show restraint since this Bermuda is really good!

Michele: I am glad DD is o.k. Deer are so unpredictable and usually there are more than one running across the road. She's a luck gal. My DS hit one going back to Purdue 2 years ago. It totaled his Buick regal, but he was o.k.

Darling: congratulations on your winnings. [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

yesterday's melts;

EW fairy forest...pretty good scent...not a repeat for me

YC sparkling snow...really strong and good

Currently melting my favorite YC rhubarb plum...these are older tarts, so not as strong as usual! [smilie=th_LOVE]

finally made it home. long day.

I'm melting Breakfast with Grandma in the kitchen. Not a reorder for me but I don't like this type of scent.

Baby B from Tara. Not strong enough.

Pink Sugar in bathroom - GHBT's. Not strong enough for me.

Rose and Ivey from YC in another bathroom.

Blackberry Sage in Bedroom from GHBT's. LOVE IT.

i just want to go to bed but it looks like I'm going to be up for a couple of hours watching my son play his new hanna montana wii game. OH WELL, Atleast I CAN SMELL!!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

DesertRose - hope you're feeling much better soon! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Candlelove - Geeze - sailing along at a higher speed on the turnpike U never expect to have to stop. :shock: So glad your dd is ok!

Darlingj1 - [smilie=th_jaja] Congratulations on your win and a Nene's pkg, too! This was a banner smellie day for U!

Melting Nene's Eggnog.

[smilie=th_LOVE] Cmarie.

My mood changed. I switched out scents already this morning.

HOP votive - Pink Coconut

Bizzy B - Cookie & Peach jar

some B-Day loot (thankies):

Can-do - Pink Sugar Cookies

KFTKR - Pink Sugared Milk

AMS - Sands of Morocco (BR)

Jules, let me know how you liked the B-day scents I sent you as you melt them.

On this cool evening I have on

Country Cottage...Hot Apple Pie

YC Pumpkin Pie

Upstairs..Candle Haven Sun and Sand....this is excellent!

Candlelove,so glad to hear your DD is okay,how scary.

This evening's melts are both CFKTR.

Patchouli Honey-lovely blend of patchouli with a sweet honey undertone.

Berry Sweet Cakes-nice berry fruitness with white cake notes. Smelling good, but not stronger than my spagheti that I made for dinner...Yet.

Have a good evening everyone!

[smilie=th_LOVE] Cmarie.

My mood changed. I switched out scents already this morning.

HOP votive - Pink Coconut

Bizzy B - Cookie & Peach jar

some B-Day loot (thankies):

Can-do - Pink Sugar Cookies

KFTKR - Pink Sugared Milk

AMS - Sands of Morocco (BR)

Jules, what's HOP? See, my mind is immediately going to House of Pancakes. [smilie=th_jaja]

Too funny, Cmarie! Hope you feel better, DesertRose.

Right now:

Lilac Blossoms, CHC

Kristin Rose, Two Blue. She's gone out of business.

Crushed Pineapple, CHC. This has a nice scent throw and smells just like pineapples!

Monkey Farts, Crazy for Candles. Yummy!

Buttercream, Gramma Fran's.

Cynthia, how is the throw on your CHC Sea Breeze? I think it's a fabulous scent but when I melted it, it had zero throw.

Anabasset, I had a very light scent throw with this one. I used 4 cubes in the living area and just caught whiffs. Two cubes did better in a small bathroom. Pretty scent, but light.

ETA: Candlelove, what a scare! I am so glad your DD is alright!

Cyn, HOP is Heart of the Prairie - home of really good flowerpot votives. [smilie=th_jaja]

Last scents of the night for me are:

K - Cranberry Peach Cider - SH - One of SH's best fruit scents and strong too.

LR - Leather - EE - A nice scent but doesn't smell like real leather to me

BR - Fireside - LOL - A very nice scent but the first one I've tried from LOL that isn't very strong.

Bathroom - Watercress & Aloe - AMS - A very nice clean fresh scent - moderately strong

Back to Dancing with the Stars!

[smilie=th_LOVE]

It's a rainy, windy, and chilly night over here so I'm melting Pumpkin Sweet Bars. I also have 2 YV votives burning - Macintosh and Tropical Fruit.

I know better than to melt bakery scents but I made a promise to myself to try every single scent that GHBT's sells and I have almost completed the list. I had to do away with the breakfast with Grandma. Nothing wrong with it at all it is just not my kind of scent. This tomato leaf on the other hand is awesome. Very Strong. Smells just like a tomato plant. My whole bedroom smells like a garden of tomatos. I'm loving this!!