The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Melting Lime Leaf & Lily from Cleanse Your Soul in the loft. What a wonderful, refreshing scent. This came from a CF friend for my BD and I love it! Downstairs in the kitchen/DR I'm melting Ginger Fig from LOL.

Changed out scents just in time for Dancing With the Stars (I'm hooked on this show!):

K - Apple Cellar - Can-Do - A very strong very nice woody apple scent - Like smelling an apple barrel after it's been emptied of apples. So good!

LR - Black Canyon - Cheryl's - This one was a freebie and it's a strong earthy scent. This is Cheryl's description - A deep musk with light floral notes and a touch of sandalwood and patchouli. This one is very nice indeed. My type of scent.

BR - Patchouli - CFTKR - Carol makes a very good strong patchouli - I also have my large GC Rose jar in here too for a little Patchouli Rose blend - very good together

Still have YC Plumeria going in the LR and Illuminations Bali Beach going in the bath along with the remains of a YC Fresh Cut Roses votive I turned into a tart in the tealight melter.

Hope your retirement party goes well mpfand. Such a great celebration!

I have dumped a few today, including CCCC's gingerbread applesauce. which surprised me since I remember liking her plain gingerbread.

Melting:

Cheryl and Angie's ~ Cinnamon buns

LOL's ~ French Vanilla Oak ( been going strong all day).

BG's ~ Green Apple Pucker (just getting started)

bigred and heart....I see that both of you are melting Cheryl's melts. I made a first time order today.......how do ya'll like them? Are they pretty strong?

Melting Nag Champa from Missy's tonight and it's a good one!

bigred and heart....I see that both of you are melting Cheryl's melts. I made a first time order today.......how do ya'll like them? Are they pretty strong?

Hi CB! I ordered all florals for my first order and I've loved almost every one so far - I didn't like just one scent. I will definitely pick a wider range of scent types for my second order. All of my scents have been moderate to very strong so far and pretty long lasting too.

bigred....did you let them cure for a while before melting them?

Yes I did even though Cheryl told me I didn't have to. After curing for a couple of weeks the cold siff on ALL of them were a lot stronger and the strength was stronger when melting them (I melted two and then put the rest aside to cure because although nice they weren't very strong at all) so I think I made the right choice.

Lana: I luv Carol's Cracklin Birch. It is my kind of scent.

Isn't that why there are so many different scents? I try scents outside of my comfort zone, and sometimes they work for me and sometimes they don't. However, even though it wasn't to my liking, I could recognize it was an excellent scent of that type.

On the other hand....Carol's Wildberry Mousse that I switched to - that one is getting marked reorder on my list. It is unusual to me, but very, very nice. I can't really describe the scent, but I am really enjoying it. Sweet, but not too sweet. I am not smelling fruit. I just know that to my nose it is very pleasant, and strong enough for this old nose that has to be hit sideways with a baseball bat to register some scents! *LOL*

The scents are very nice, but they weren't very strong IMHO. Every scent I ordered was a bakery, except for one sample called "blissful fusion" which seemed a little stronger. It could just be the scents I ordered. Cranberry Chutney was the strongest of the ones I ordered. This was my second and last order. I hope they work for you! There are many people who like Cheryl's scents, so you may really enjoy them!

This evening is Garden Spa from Candles, Gifts and More. This is a strong one with my tealight melter.

Congrats, mp - I am sure you will have a wonderful celebration!

The scents are very nice, but they weren't very strong IMHO. Every scent I ordered was a bakery, except for one sample called "blissful fusion" which seemed a little stronger. It could just be the scents I ordered. Cranberry Chutney was the strongest of the ones I ordered. This was my second and last order. I hope they work for you! There are many people who like Cheryl's scents, so you may really enjoy them!

LOL Heart that's because no scent is strong enough for you! [smilie=Pattys_day] Seriously though most of what I've tried has been moderately strong, but for a very large room it probably wouldn't be strong enough - our rooms aren't super huge though so the scents do fine for me.

i think that is one reason I like strong melts is because my house is a very open floor plan. I need at least 2 melters in a large area.

[smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day] Happy St Patrick's Day! [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day]

I've waited all year to put this little emoticon guy up.

This morning's scents are:

CYS - Patrick

LOL - Orange Buttercream Cupcake

Mpfand, Congratulations to your DH. Have a fun celebration.

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary on this forum. My goodness. I've sure learned so much from you all. I might have to celebrate with a lockdown though. [smilie=thank_you] after the past few days.

[smilie=th_c2e41937] [smilie=th_sHellobar] Happy St. Patrick's Day!

LOL Jules...me too! [smilie=th_sHellobar] [smilie=thank_you] [smilie=th_c61]

Mpfand...congrats to your husband!...enjoy the party [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Melts this morning are YC lemon lavender and buttercream and hazelnuts from an unknown vendor. Last night it was biscotti from Angie's....very good!

[smilie=th_sHellobar] Happy St Patrick's Day!! [smilie=thank_you] [smilie=th_c2e41937]

This morning's first melts are:

K - Cucumber Melon - Can-Do - I love a good cucumber melon scent and this one is a really good one - it was only a very small sample and it's surprisingly strong for such a tiny tart

LR - L'eau D'Issey - Cheryl's - This one is another sample from Cheryl - smells like a soft floral blend and it's very nice. Here's Cheryl's description - A very complex floral fragrance with musky and woody tones. Gives a feeling of pure beauty.

BR - Tyler Roses - Tyler - This is still going strong from last night - The best straight rose scent I've smelled so far - Strong but not cloying at all - Awesome!

Burning a couple of jar candles as well :

Bridgewater Solitude in the LR

Illuminations Ocean Breeze in the bath.

Good morning!

Started out with a sample from Carol....Caramel Sticky Buns....blech.....too caramely for me.....blew out the tealight. Not sure what to melt next.

Happy St. Patty's day! I hope to drink a green beer tonight. Melted EE Bathory that a wonderful CF friend sent me. I love it, great relaxing evening scent. My fiancé didn't think so, told me it smelled like ben gay. Guys and their descriptions someties, I just don't get it!

Happy St.Patrick's Day All! [smilie=th_c2e41937] [smilie=th_sHellobar] [smilie=thank_you]

Starting out with

NeNe's Belgian Waffles

YC Vanilla Cupcake

CYS...Satsuma Marshmallow Cream

Have a nice day everyone,we are expecting a beautiful day here in Michigan,66 degrees,I can't wait to get out and enjoy it!

I got an email from AMS saying she is closing [smilie=th_c2e41937] I am so disappointed. I never got to place an order with her.

I am burning a votive from candle-licious (high tide)

[smilie=th_sHellobar] Happy SPD everyone! I think this is going to be a lucky melting day!

Just started ...

Country Light's ~ Irish Coffee (thanks CF buddy! [smilie=thank_you] Been saving this for today)

BG ~ Green Apple Pucker (finishing up frrom last night)

BG ~ Lemon Meringue Twang

BG ~ Electric Lime (this one is already one of my best friends)

LOL ~ White Chocolate Peppermint Schnapps (will be nice with the Irish coffee)

[smilie=th_c2e41937]