The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Hi all! First melts of the day for me are:

K - Sugared Raspberry Violets - Blue Gecko - This is a strong really nice scent - all the tarts from BG have been quite strong so far

LR - Crystal Blue Water - GHBT - I had ordered two of these and melted one almost right away and didn't like it all that much, but now after letting this one cure for a while the scent is so much better and stronger.

BR - Vanilla Patchouli - CFTKR - So far I would say too heavy on the vanilla and too light on the patchouli - going to let it melt completely before saying I don't like it.

Also burning an Illuminations Spa Day jar in the bath.

Happy one year anniversary Jules!

:P

Thanks, y'all.

Bigred, I like the Crystal Blue Water scent, but I've only tried it from AMS. not GHBT. I wonder if they are the same.

Thanks, y'all.

Bigred, I like the Crystal Blue Water scent, but I've only tried it from AMS. not GHBT. I wonder if they are the same.

I didn't have the chance to get that one from AMS :P so I couldn't say. The Torrential Rain scents from both are very similar, so I would imagine the CBW scents are too.

OOHHHH Olive, I love your avatar! I make Ukrainian eggs, and those are gorgeous! Have you ever tried it? It is so fun! I want to get my stuff back out again this year. I am also ready for another Hot order, wonder if Candy store will be on the list for sale?

My kids put in Sugar Cookie from Scentsy which is ok, but kind of boring. I may have to switch it up a bit.

Happy 1 year anniversary Jules!

I'm melting cucumber melon from GHBT and hawaian suntan from MTT's. Both smell great!

OOHHHH Olive, I love your avatar! I make Ukrainian eggs, and those are gorgeous! Have you ever tried it? It is so fun! I want to get my stuff back out again this year. I am also ready for another Hot order, wonder if Candy store will be on the list for sale?

My kids put in Sugar Cookie from Scentsy which is ok, but kind of boring. I may have to switch it up a bit.

I haven't tried making the eggs but they are so pretty.

I'm looking forward to decorating for Easter. I took my St Patricks Day decorations down this afternoon.

Hi! Changing the melters to Chestnuts and Brown Sugar from Candle Haven. This one smells great! I miss Lessie!

Burning YC Shortbread Cookie and WG Snickerdoodle.

Melting Cream Puffs from Can-Do this afternoon. [smilie=th_Hnh5]

Fleur - whatcha think of the Cream Puffs? I got that one too, but haven't tried it yet.

Jules - have you asked your DH to take U out to dinner for your CF anniversary? [smilie=th_CONGRA34] It might be worth asking just to see the look on his face. :lol: Well...he could at least take U to a Yankee Candle store...... [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Melting Can-Do's Sweet Milk. Smells just like a can of sweetened condensed milk...yum!

Ha! That'll be the day, Sweet! I'm afraid to mention it.

[smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] [smilie=th_CONGRA34] Thanks for putting up with me for so long.

I've got Fruit Smoothie from CD on tonight.

Not my usual selection, but it's very good.

Melting Cream Puffs from Can-Do this afternoon. [smilie=th_Hnh5]

Fleur - whatcha think of the Cream Puffs? I got that one too, but haven't tried it yet.

Jules - have you asked your DH to take U out to dinner for your CF anniversary? [smilie=th_CONGRA34] It might be worth asking just to see the look on his face. :lol: Well...he could at least take U to a Yankee Candle store...... [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Melting Can-Do's Sweet Milk. Smells just like a can of sweetened condensed milk...yum!

Cream Puffs were okay, not my favorite (of course I had other things like dinner going on, so I may not have gotten the best sniff on this one)..... but that Sweet Milk.... I love that one!

I'll take you out to dinner Jules! Then on to the candle store! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

For tonight I am using some clamshells up-

Harvest Glow-Pink Sugar

Illuminescents-Country Cottage

Get Whipped-Pink Grapefruit

Have a good night all.

Well, i am just settling in for another night of conferences where none of my parents will show up, and thought I would give Carol's another try. I put in Red Velvet Cake and Red Velvet Fluffer, hoping doubling up would make it stronger. Still, very faint scent. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] This is in my electric melter, in a smaller room. Is there a bakery scent I should try that is ususally stronger? This is just disappointing me.

You're on, Cat. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Darlingj1, I don't get why some parents don't show up. I wouldn't miss a teacher conference, especially if there were tarts melting.

Well, i am just settling in for another night of conferences where none of my parents will show up, and thought I would give Carol's another try. I put in Red Velvet Cake and Red Velvet Fluffer, hoping doubling up would make it stronger. Still, very faint scent. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] This is in my electric melter, in a smaller room. Is there a bakery scent I should try that is ususally stronger? This is just disappointing me.

I am a big fan of Carol's, because of the scents that I have found among all vendors that REALLY make me go WOW, the majority of them are from Carol.

That being said, I do not found all of her scents strong. If you want a "knock your socks off" scent from her, try her Southern Confections, Cinnamon Strudel, Pecan Twist, Spiced Apple Pecan or my latest love - Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, and oh my, almost forgot, the DD's favorite Blueberry Vanilla Bomb!

Thanks for the info on Phebes, Cat. They sound like they might be good for my office.

Olive, I love your avatar!

Jules, happy anniversary!!!

Just starting:

Lemon Pound Cake, CHC

Lemon Biscotti, CP. This is just starting but already smells very good!

RVC, CHC

Berry Bundt Cake, Crooked Mile

Have had computer problems all day. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] It's fixed- temporarily. Computer guy has to come out Monday. Melts today have been Hazelnut & Cream from Soy Lovely, Citrus Linen H20 from Everyday Whims and Lavender Vanilla Sandalwood from LOL.

This evening I'm melting

CFTKR's Chestnuts and Brown sugar

Have a nice evening everyone!

Oh and [smilie=th_slider_congratulations] to Sweetandspicey for winning theMarch forum contest !

Hi all! Changed scents to:

K - Rosemary & Sage - Spotted Hog - Smells like fresh herbs from a garden - Good scent for the kitchen - moderately strong

LR - Daffodil - GHBT - This one is actually very nice but only moderately strong

BR - Flowering Dogwood - GHBT - This one is nice but surprisingly not very strong - even those scents I didn't like from her were always strong but not this one [smilie=th_a056]

Still burning Illuminations Spa Day jar in the bath.