The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Vanilla Hazelnut ran its course. Its replacement is Green Apple Pucker from Blue Gecko. In-laws are due in anytime now. Hopefully this will be a good "company" scent, although I probably won't get much of a comment from them either way. My MIL is the type who thinks candles have one purpose and one purpose only: in case the power goes out. :shock: And tarts? I tried my best to convert her, but she was less than impressed. :) Oh, I almost forgot; I need to go threaten the kids to not reveal my stash. [smilie=th_goodnight]

Oh, I almost forgot; I need to go threaten the kids to not reveal my stash. :)

[smilie=th_goodnight] If threatening doesn't work....bribery might.... :shock:

Melting Can-Do's Banana Puddin'. Deeeeelicious!

:lol: [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day]

May you always have....

Walls for the winds

A roof for the rain

Tea beside the fire

Laughter to cheer you

Those you love near you

And all your heart might desire [smilie=th_drinks]

Thanks. [smilie=th_goodnight] The corned beef was delicious. *hickup*

Mpfand, maybe your Green Apple Pucker will finally change MIL's mind. At least she doesn't say anything derogetory about it, I hope.

Tonight I added:

Colonial - Sun Drenched Herbs jar

more Illuminations Spa Day jar

Vanilla Hazelnut ran its course. Its replacement is Green Apple Pucker from Blue Gecko. In-laws are due in anytime now. Hopefully this will be a good "company" scent, although I probably won't get much of a comment from them either way. My MIL is the type who thinks candles have one purpose and one purpose only: in case the power goes out. :shock: And tarts? I tried my best to convert her, but she was less than impressed. :) Oh, I almost forgot; I need to go threaten the kids to not reveal my stash. [smilie=th_goodnight]

Too funny, Mpfand! Green Apple Pucker is a good one. Maybe it will get some compliments even! Enjoy your company.

Alright Bigred.... I am heading over to the Can Do site specifically for some Good Lookin Cowboy... I have a friend who will die for that, plus I am from Wyoming... how have I been without it thusfar in life? :)

Plus, I am only an hour and fifteen minutes in to my 4 hour long parent teacher conference session... so I have so much time to burn!

Jules, I totally wish I was the one who could have chugged the Guiness... [smilie=th_goodnight]

Besides the deeelicious Banana Pudding, what else should I try from Can-do? Suggestions from all you creative folks this eveening will be greatly appreciated!

Let us knows if she says something. :lol:

Hi all, Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone!

Tonights melts are Blue Gecko Bel Vampiro, great throw, but not my type of scent, its a little too busy for me, does that make sense? I'm also melting YC's Blueberry Scone.

Have a great night all.

Hi all, Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone!

Tonights melts are Blue Gecko Bel Vampiro, great throw, but not my type of scent, its a little too busy for me, does that make sense?

Sillysmom, my review of it was that I thought it was perfect to be a tribute to a vampire. I thought it smelled like a funeral parlor! *LOL* (Not bad...just like a fineral parlor!)

That's funny Jules! We've been maple sugaring all day. Can't decide what to melt... just wanted to check in :)

Joan, Do you tap the trees and make your own maple syrup??? [smilie=th_goodnight]

btw

Snuffed the Sun Drenched Herb in favor of Blue Sugar from EW.

Such a lively bunch of melters here today. What's going on? Is there a community green beer barrel here?

Melting BG ~ Fairys' Garden (fairly strong, but can't decide whether I like this or not..kind of an ac/dc scent).

Also burning a candle this evening from BBW ~ Pineapple Orchid (nice for a change)

I'm using my new YC burner (works wonderfully) to melt Carol's Cookie Jar this evening. Have a good night.

Last melts of the night for me are:

K - Pink Flamingo - CFTKR - A very nice strong blend of cherries and sweet orange

LR - Mystic Woods - Cheryl's - This one is very nice, strong and very complex - Here's the description: Enchanting and delightful! This scent has sweet notes of citrus, peach & bergamot with rose, cassis, ylang & spicy carnation with a dry down of amber, incense, moss and patchouli with a touch of sweet vanilla

BR - Pua Pikake - Cheryl's - This is a true Hawaiian floral scent, moderately strong and very nice

Still burning a couple of jars:

Bath - Illuminations Ocean Breeze - very nice scent

BR - YC Velvet Petals - Another very nice scent

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Oh, I almost forgot; I need to go threaten the kids to not reveal my stash. :shock:

[smilie=th_LA839B1117] If threatening doesn't work....bribery might.... :lol:

:lol:

Pumpkin Bread - LOL. Delicious

Grape - Lure Beauty

Pomegranate - Lil Bear

Last two just started.

Cyn, I'd be interested to know which vendors you really love for tarts. You seem to have tarts from a WIDE variety of vendors. :shock:

I love trying different places and I'm a sucker for a sale. It's hard for me to narrow it down, but I'd have to say my favorite places would be LOL, HoT, Blue Gecko, Nene's and Blue Moon. Guess this is where I've bought in bulk. [smilie=th_LA839B1117] I like many, many places for different reasons - there are some vendors I only order one or two scents from. :lol:

Good Evening all! Had a very busy day-kids are so exhausted after baths that they were snoring as soon as their heads touched the pillows.

Melting-

Chocolate Gravy-Can Do (DD's room)

Pink Sugared Chocolate-CFTKR(other DD's room)

Fruta Tazon-CYS

White Cherry Blossom-Candle Haven

Georgia Peach-Phebes

Apple Orchard-Deborah's Candle Magick

No comment from the in-laws. :lol: But when DH got home from work he said how good the house smelled and guessed right away that it was Green Apple Pucker. It's a family favorite. :shock: I feel sad for my MIL. She just doesn't know what she's missing out on. My mom, grandma, SIL and aunt are all melters and will be here on Friday. Scents for the day have already been chosen. They're lined up and ready to go. [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

You are right, mpfand - MIL has no clue! However, it could be worse - my neighbor's SIL would not enter her house until it was aired out from all the "candle fume toxins" - we drove by and all the doors and windows were open in February and the SIL was standing on the porch waiting! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Tonight was a big corned beef and cabbage dinner with my sons and girlfriends - I think that over powered the melts - Aromalite's Papaya and Mango, and Mamma's Country Shed - Independant.

Oh - and Cat - I love the Candle Dippers Poolside! I think I cleaned out her oil on that one!

You are right, mpfand - MIL has no clue! However, it could be worse - my neighbor's SIL would not enter her house until it was aired out from all the "candle fume toxins" - we drove by and all the doors and windows were open in February and the SIL was standing on the porch waiting! :shock:

LOL! That's a bit extreme, I think. I wonder if my MIL will feel a tad left out on Friday when we're all huddled around my boxes huffing tarts? Maybe that will finally bring her over to the other side. [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

You are right, mpfand - MIL has no clue! However, it could be worse - my neighbor's SIL would not enter her house until it was aired out from all the "candle fume toxins" - we drove by and all the doors and windows were open in February and the SIL was standing on the porch waiting! :lol:

LOL! That's a bit extreme, I think. I wonder if my MIL will feel a tad left out on Friday when we're all huddled around my boxes huffing tarts? Maybe that will finally bring her over to the other side. [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Oh Hell! I had some in-laws I would have been thrilled to melt anything for if I thought it would have kept them on the front porch!

:shock: