The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Guest scentedstamper

I've got a fruit frenzy going here today! Melting: LOL Candied Raspberries and Dole Whip, Crosscreek Berry Breeze, CFTKR Apple Mango and burning candles, GC Strawberry Shortcake, Ginger Lime, and Pomegranate. Smells Frooty-LICIOUS!!!

SOOOOOO sad about Christy and AMS, but totally psyched about LOL and Crosscreek re-opening!!!!!!

Have a great evening!

Sheryl

LL - I love watching the shuttle!

I had on Angie's Coconut Curry Custard, but when my son came in the room he held his breath to talk to me! Guess I swap that one out for Cheryl's Linden Blossom.

My Macintosh finally died, so I put in Pineapple Cake from CFTKR.... I have not been blown away by my tarts from Carol, which is sad. I am wondering if I should have more than one in my burner at a time since they seem small, or if I should try them in a smaller room? I know tons of people on here love her stuff, so any advice?

Darlingj1 - I'm one who loves Carol's stuff, but I'm not sure what to suggest. Did U try a lot of her scents..or a sampler...or...? Is the room you're melting in a really big one? If it is, how do other vendors do in that room? I take it you've gotten the same results w/all the scents you've tried of hers on different days - ? Sometimes the air flow, weather, etc. changes the scent throw. If you'd like to try some different scents than the ones you've tried, email me and I'll be happy to send you some different ones of hers to try. [smilie=th_aa17] Maybe someone else has some suggestions..... [smilie=th_scratch]

Changed to HOT's Cranberry Nog. Not sure about this one. I love cranberry and love eggnog.....but the combo isn't quite doing it for me. Then again, maybe having a pot of spaghetti sauce on cooking doesn't mix well w/it either..... :? :lol:

Hi! I am going to make a point of trying at least one of my tarts from Carol at school tomorrow in my electric melter, and see if that makes a difference. The tealight melter in my living room looks cute, but is really tall and I think that keeps it from getting really hot. So the tarts from LOL and HOT and AMS seem to do fine, but maybe the CFTKR are a little harder and therefore harder to melt? It's a theory... I will experiment. I appreciate the offer.. I may take you up on it. I just got three bakery samples from her, to see which ones I like the best. :)

Becky, I wish I had gotten the Hazelnut Cream from Soy Lovely. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it!

I have PI's Vanilla Almond candle burning. I haven't burned a candle in almost a year. Why does it feel like I am cheating on my tarts? :)

Hi! I am going to make a point of trying at least one of my tarts from Carol at school tomorrow in my electric melter, and see if that makes a difference. The tealight melter in my living room looks cute, but is really tall and I think that keeps it from getting really hot. So the tarts from LOL and HOT and AMS seem to do fine, but maybe the CFTKR are a little harder and therefore harder to melt? It's a theory... I will experiment. I appreciate the offer.. I may take you up on it. I just got three bakery samples from her, to see which ones I like the best. :)

I think it might be the tealight melter. I tried a sampler from Carol and did not have good luck with mine. I know she gets raves, so I figured it's my melter. I may try her again with my Yankee glass melter and candle-lite tealights. This combo seems to burn pretty hot.

I think it might be the tealight melter. I tried a sampler from Carol and did not have good luck with mine. I know she gets raves, so I figured it's my melter. I may try her again with my Yankee glass melter and candle-lite tealights. This combo seems to burn pretty hot.

Carol's tarts do better with higher heat.

Hey everyone.

Tonights melts are YC Vanilla Cupcake, and Island Spa.

The parade is over and we are non the worse for the wear. Its just an inconvenience in that people are sometimes inconsiderate when parking directly in front of our house, you know leaving garbage, driving on our belgium blocks, that sort of stuff.

LLVV, we did watch the space shuttle go off, its just amazing when they are telling you the speeds they are going, its mind boggling.

Interesting about CFTKR. It took experimenting what worked for me before I found that I even liked Carol's tarts. Go figure...the largest room in my house with a scentsy 25 watt bulb electric works best, and one other room where I use an electric that goes up to 34 watts. It was worth the experiment!

Some of today's melts:

LOL ~ Citrus Lemon Squares

CFTKR ~ Lemon Snap Cake

Can-Do ~ Lemon Wedges

Turning these off and getting ready for:

LOL ~ Vanilla Crack

... and just maybe her re-opening sale. :)

Late night melts are:

Spells of Love-CFTKR: I'm still trying to decide if I like this or not. Very fruity, but also very sweet. It may grow on me.

Peyote Visions-EW: I like this earthy, spicy incense type of scent. I may even light a real inscense to go with it. Far out, man!

Also, have some candles and votives burning. Good night!

good morning....

Just started Bella's Vanilla Sugar Seduction....hope it's as good as it sounds.

It's going to be a beautiful day here....looking forward to it!

[smilie=th_WE1summer013] Heading to the kitchen for some coffee.....

Good morning! Last night that Cinnamon Sugar tart that I melted was fantastic! Wow, what a great scent. So far, it's my favorite from my most recent Carol order.

I find that Carol's tarts perform best in a 24 watt combo melter (although I find at times this melter to be too much scent for me) and a ceramic tea light melter. When stacking, the one piece mosaic melters work well, although I didn't feel that I was getting the full essence of the scent. Without stacking, good luck getting the tarts to melt because Carol's wax is a harder wax so it takes more heat to melt them. I wouldn't stack one of those 2 piece glass melters from Yankee. I did and the thing cracked in half.

Morning all! No melting for me until tonight.

Thanks Heart! I forgot to add it to my order. It was getting late and my brain was so tired. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Jules, how do you like the Rum Raisin Ice Cream from HoT? I've enjoyed them all so far, but I think State Fair Twinkie is my favorite.

Good morning, all! So far, it's pixie dust from mtt in my computer room, and snickerdoodle from hodge podge in the kitchen.

Have a great day! I'm hoping to sun will finally come out for a while, since it's been raining for the past 4 days straight. Oh well...at least my grass will be nice and green for a change. LOL!

I've finally got Carol's Baby Powder melting. Ahhh...smells just like DD after her bath. She may be 4 but I still slather her with baby powder after her bath or shower.

Happy Monday morning!

Melting MTT Cinnamon Donuts....smells pretty good so far

LLVV....I too love Carol's Baby Powder.....it's such a nice scent!

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]