The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Howdy from a Transplanted Yankee!

Hi,

My name is Lana, and I got hooked on melts on my fall trip home to PA. Stopped at a wonderful candle company in Huntingdon, PA named Thompson Candles, splurged cause I was on vacation, and now I am a melt addict!

I have been a Texan now for 8 years, and I love it here, except I am STILL looking for my basement! [smilie=th_lmao-1] Where do they keep them here?

I have the luxury of working from home (as a programmer), so I can indulge myself all day long in scents. Between that and my four cats, I try to keep my blood pressure down when the nonsense at the office gets me crazy.

My current hobbies (because I am always learning something new), are machine embroidery (THAT was a splurge on myself) and genealogy. Three years ago I was laid off for 9 months (the woes of being in IS these days), and jumped on the opportunity to start genealogical research. That mushroomed into a website and relentlessly tracking down distant cousins from around the country...*LOL* some of whom never knew they were been looked for, until I found them!

One of them made the mistake of saying "Hey, we should all gather for a reunion back in the "homeland" (Huntingdon County, PA)" and the next day I called him and said I had booked a lodge for a week. The rest is history. The first year I had folks from TX, OK, VA, OR, MI, GA and PA gather. We had never met each other....and we all felt like we had known each other our entire lives. I actually had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th cousin of mine in attendence. Next fall will be the 3rd annual.....oh look what we started!

The machine embroidery has been great, and I am really enjoying that. My "PSIL" (probable son-in-law) warns everyone not to stand still, or I may embroider something on them

I have two grown daughters and one ex-husband!

I am extremely verbal (could you tell?)

My love for melts so far leans heavily towards bakery scents. I am just now really looking to purchase more tarts.

Last weekend we made a road trip to Van, TX and I stopped at Victoria's. I have a bit of an unhappy story, but I will save that for the Venting room.

We then drove over to Canton to the huge flea market, and I purchased more melts from Kountry at Heart Kandles (not reviewed here yet) and Country Chunkie Candles (are reviewed here).

I am looking to try some other vendors. I love really strong bakery scents. What do you folks suggest?

Well, that should give you a enough to recognize me when you see me! [smilie=th_bb20]

Hi, Lana and welcome to our group! It's a pleasure reading about you and I can already tell that you're going to be a terrific addition around here! I'll leave the bakery suggestions for the bakery-oriented pros (I gravitate towards complex earthy/fresh/fruity scents myself, loving ambers and citrus anything!) as I'm sure they'll guide you well. It's a fantastic group of people and I'm sure you'll love it here, like we do!

[smilie=th_bb20]

Hey Lana: So nice to have you here. I'm glad you found your way to us. :lol: I also am researching my family genealogy. It is so interesting and fun, and frustrating at the same time. BTW, is that your kitty on your avatar? I have 3 that are rotten and 3 left of a feral colony that will come up to eat and that's about all. Get ready to have lots of fun. [smilie=th_e16] [smilie=th_lmao-1] [smilie=th_bb20]

Hi Lana!! I loved reading your introduction. You will have a great time on the forum!! Glad you have joined us! [smilie=th_bb20]

Thanks gals.

Yes katzncandles, that is my oldest kitty, Boo Boo. He is my soul mate. We just happened to arrive in different species in this lifetime! I have three other cats; Princess, a female tuxedo who is just a sweetheart, and Hugz and Kisses, littermates who obviously have Maine Coon in theirlineage, because he is the spitting image of a brownish-grey Maine Coon, but she is completely shorthaired. They are the youngest and the ones who get into devilment. I had another, Rufus, a big old sweet red tabby, who didn't seem to know his parts were gone, and who tried to mount sweet little Princess everyday repeatedly, who was NOT appreciative! *LOL*

Rufus went to live with my oldest daughter who has only one other male cat, who put Rufus in his place very quickly after he tried to make him his girlfriend!!! Now they are buddies and everyone is happy.

Welcome Lana! You will be an addict in no time around here. We do our best to enable-help you find new favorites-so hold on to your credit card!

If you haven't checked out LOL yet-mosey on over. She is fabulous, and is having a sale right now. Link at the top of the forum!

Have fun!

:shock: Lana! It's so nice to have you here! I agree with Cat; LOL is definitely worth checking out. I'm currently melting Vanilla Crunch and it's fabulous! I'm also a bakery fan and have found some good bakery scents at Front Porch, who also happens to be having a sale right now! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Guest Anonymous
[smilie=th_12E9EC16] Hello Lana! Welcome to the forum. You're friend Boo Boo looks like a big ol huggy bear - what a cutie! Have fun!