The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Ahhh, nothing like starting the day out all by myself, with my tarts, a cup of coffee, and a bowl of lucky charms. Pure bliss, I tell ya! :lol:

So far, it's pink sugar from huckleberry layne here in the computer room, and an oatmeal raisin crumb cake candle from kathy ireland in the kitchen. Everything is starting to smell good.

I hope you all have a great Saturday! I'm not sure what we're up to, but dh and I may ditch the kids for a bit and get out by ourselves. That's the beauty of having an almost 13 year old to stay home with the boys.

That sounds like a good plan for your DH and you, Heidi. I have to go to the grocery today, I hate going!!! I HAVE to buy some tea lights, I'm down to 5 and my CVS was out the other day. So, I don't want to go into tart withdraw. This morning's scents are EE-Domination and I'm melting my last Carol's -Blue Sugar for Triscuit. It's time for some coffe and to try and make myself less scary for the venture out. :lol: :lol:

Jules: We used to weave dandelion stems and clover to make necklaces out of them when I was a kid. We also did this with gum wrappers. Also, my Grandpa used to make some kick-butt dandelion wine :lol:

Starting out this morning with Crosscreek's Heart and Home amd Can Do's Caramel Apple.I'm not sure what the mixture is for the Heart and Home ,but it is just wonderful!Katz...I love your avatar too....very cute !

Jules: We used to weave dandelion stems and clover to make necklaces out of them when I was a kid. We also did this with gum wrappers. Also, my Grandpa used to make some kick-butt dandelion wine :lol:
Homemade Dandelion wine? Did you have to watch out for revenuers? :lol:

Well, reading about dandelion wine and clover necklaces has put me in a Springtime mood. So my melts are all sunshine yellow this morning.

Colonial - Lemon Creme jar

FM - Lemon Poundcake melts

LOL - Hello Sugar melt

I'm even wearing a yellow shirt today. DH said it smells like fruit loops in here. :lol:

My sweetheart is out of the house today (inventory at work) so I'm burning all the ones he doesn't like:

Front Porch - Wash Day

Front Porch - Mountain Lake

CYS - Sugarplums Danced

Candledippers - Blue Lotus

Boy, does it smell yummy in here! I hope I remember to change them all out around noon, LOL!

Momuvtwo, isn't Dandelion Pear an interesting name? I'm not sure what Dandelion smells like but I remember rubbing them under our chins as children to see if we like butter. Has anyone else heard of doing that? If it leaves a yellow mark on your skin, then you like butter. :lol:

Brings back memories Jules! We have a little yellow flower called a buttercup and used to put it under our chin and if it reflected back, told us if we liked butter. :lol:

Katz - I'd forgotten about the gum wrapper necklaces! We used to make snapdragon necklaces, too.Thanks for the trip down memory lane.... :lol:

Was burning my new Illuminations candle in eggnog in the LR. It has a great scent, just not strong enuf throw for there, so put it in the kitchen. Doing good there and am compounding the scent w/a YC melt in eggnog in the LR.

Everyone - have an awesome Saturday! :lol:

Happy Saturday everyone! Today is one of those days, where you have a list of stuff you've just been putting off forever, so thats what I'm doing. Computer guy to drop off my computer thats been acting up forever, library, laundromat to some comforters, food shopping, and then a mani-pedi to finish up the day, what more could I want????

This morning I'm melting YC Spa Fresh, kinda reminds me of Dune Grass but not nearly as strong, and CFTKR Keeping Room, a little too cinnamony for me. For me, Cinnamon and Clove in a scent are no-nos!

Have a great day!

Morning. :P So far we have HoT's Peppermint Noel Cake going in the living room - awesome! Chocolate Mint Latte from Busy Bee is melting in the bathroom. DH woke up feeling sick today, so I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. I need to clean badly though!

Katz, really like your avatar, and thanks for a great memory. We use to use gum wrappers for our sweeties, and they HAD to be the height of our sweetie. It's a good thing that was in elementary school. Can you imagine if it was a six-footer? :P

Melting old and new today as I continue to have my major "clear out the cabinets."

EW ~ Siren

Good Stinks ~ Peppermint Hot Fudge Sundae

LOL ~ Fruit Loop Cookies & Spiced Orange Cider

Can-Do ~ Chocolate Gravy

Pure Scents ~ Maple Pecan Streusel

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Brings back memories Jules! We have a little yellow flower called a buttercup and used to put it under our chin and if it reflected back, told us if we liked butter. :lol:

Katz - I'd forgotten about the gum wrapper necklaces! We used to make snapdragon necklaces, too.Thanks for the trip down memory lane.... :P

Yes, that was it, Sweet. Now that you say buttercups the whole thing makes more sense. We used dandelions, probably because they were in abundance where we lived. :lol:

Dandelion necklaces, gum wrapper necklaces...those were the days...LOL. I am ready for Spring as well... :P

Let's see what is melting today.........

Warm Apple Pie- Mainstay walmart- 10 cents..had to try it.

Vanilla -Mainstay -10 cents too.

They are discontinuing them at my Walmart and they were all 10 cents each. They don't last long, but for a dime..what the heck.

Tarthound

Today I've got Fruity Loops going from AMS's. Very good and strong! Also still melting torrential rain from GHBT's. Excellent! Everyone have a great Saturday!

I also remember the gum wrapper neckaces and buttercups!! Those were the days!! :P

Good Saturday morning, all! I am melting LOL's Turkish Hazelnut Coffee that I got yesterday. What a heavenly scent. :P Think I found a new "go-to" vendor! :lol: Heidi, hope you and your DH are able to get out and do something fun. DH and I are going out by ourselves this afternoon, too. Nothing too exciting, though. Just to Lowe's to look at new washers and dryers. We're gearing up for a laundry room make-over. :lol:

Good day! We've been out and about all day so I'm just getting down to melting...although we're heading out very soon again. Today's melt is Hazelnut.

DH? Da Husband?

Darling Husband

Of course the abbreviation may sometimes be interpreted according to the context of a sentence. For example, "That D*** husband threw all my tarts out! D***H**d sat on the couch watching football while I lifted the furniture to clean up his crumbs!"

My DH is my best friend! [smilie=th_insane]

Melting Simply Clean ~ DeeJay's Candles and Lemon Biscotti ~ Cocoa Pink