The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] Hola on this toasty -2 degree morning!!! I don't even have to put my tart cup in the freezer, just leave it on my window sill and 10 minutes later it pops right out!

It's 1 of those mornings where you just got a quick look at yourself in the mirror and thought, "Gee thats some crazy hair and that ginormous bulky tundra sweater is less than flattering" And then a split second later you realize that it's you in the mirror!

I'm one babushka short of looking like a Bosnian refugee.

Onto the scents for today:

I'm melting Spotted Hog Soy Honey Graham Cracker which I spiked w/ some left over EW Pink Sugar bits-------LOVE IT!

CFKTR's Spicy Little Bites----Yummy bakery with a dash of an amish grandma making apple butter in a primitive kitchen

Bizzy B's Apple Cinnamon

I'm burning

Illuminations Mulled Wine (all time fave) Most Wonderful Sugar Cookie (light and sweet buttery), Cranberry Orange (I could bathe in this stuff), and Cinnamon Holly (love it, never had tried it before, more cinnamon with just a touch of Holly undertones)

That Kathy Ireland Vanilla Crumb yada yada candle, I can't smell it but then again I have like 10 scents going and my nose is cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Sista: We have y'all beat this morning. It is a balmy -11 here in Indy. BRRRRRR.. Growing up we always said "this is booger freezing weather" :P I'm so worried about my feral kitties-I do have houses for them in my carport with straw and rugs in them, but it's just so cold out. I am trying to keep their water open. As far as the hair goes, I have my cut very short, so i don't have to worry with it. I just need to color my little grays, maybe today is the day. A good day to burn, melt, relax, and stay warm.

This mornig it's Ew-Angel, WG-Patchouli candle. I have been burning this one forever.!! In my LR-HoT-Fireplace. Everyone have a safe, warm day.

Alexis - You're cracking me up this morning with the babushka! :lol: Even though it's nowhere near as cold here as where you are, the high today here in NC is only supposed to be 30. For us southerners, we're freezing!

On to the melts...it's a crosscreek morning so far. I'm melting strawberry jam in the living room, and tahitian dacquiri in the computer room. I'll get the other melters going in a bit. My coffee needs to kick in before I move again. :P

Have a great day, everyone! [smilie=th_bb20]

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] Hola on this toasty -2 degree morning!!! I don't even have to put my tart cup in the freezer, just leave it on my window sill and 10 minutes later it pops right out!

It's 1 of those mornings where you just got a quick look at yourself in the mirror and thought, "Gee thats some crazy hair and that ginormous bulky tundra sweater is less than flattering" And then a split second later you realize that it's you in the mirror!

I'm one babushka short of looking like a Bosnian refugee.

Onto the scents for today:

I'm melting Spotted Hog Soy Honey Graham Cracker which I spiked w/ some left over EW Pink Sugar bits-------LOVE IT!

CFKTR's Spicy Little Bites----Yummy bakery with a dash of an amish grandma making apple butter in a primitive kitchen

Bizzy B's Apple Cinnamon

I'm burning

Illuminations Mulled Wine (all time fave) Most Wonderful Sugar Cookie (light and sweet buttery), Cranberry Orange (I could bathe in this stuff), and Cinnamon Holly (love it, never had tried it before, more cinnamon with just a touch of Holly undertones)

That Kathy Ireland Vanilla Crumb yada yada candle, I can't smell it but then again I have like 10 scents going and my nose is cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[smilie=th_bb20]

:P OMG, too freakin funny!!! Been, there, done that!

Wow...it's so cold here today they have closed the schools. 3 degrees! Like Heidi said...us southerners are'nt use to this kind of cold!!

Starting the day off with Taberry and Teakwood from GHBT's.

Everyone stay warm!

Wicked Sista, I hear ya! Sometime over the some I got new hair growth on top of my head right where my center part is. I have no clue why my hair started growing there as I have no need for more hair. Anyway, this new patch of hair is constantly sticking up in the air. Whenever my DD draws pictures of me, she always adds in the sticking up hair. I wish I could just chop it off but I know that in the long run it will only make it worse. Somedays I just avoid the mirror.

I just started melting Chocolate Solstice.

Guest Anonymous

Katz - So far, you win (I think! :lol: ) with the lowest temps. Ours was just - ten this morning and up to -6 right now. Supposed to go to 5 degrees today. I hear you southerners, tho - I'm sure you're freezing, too. It's all in what we're used to. We're supposed to get into the 20's by Sunday.....heat wave! :lol: :P

Melting Can-Do's cast iron cookies. [smilie=th_bb20]

Good morning, everyone.....Just started melting: Winter Candy Apple (Tuscadero's), Bayberry (Crosscreek) and Downy April Fresh (Tuscadero's). I'm hoping the last one gets me in the mood to clean the house today.

Have a great day everybody :P

Good afternoon! I got an order in from Carol today, so I'm melting Cinnamon Blueberry (YUM) and getting ready to start Festival of Lights.

Jason, when you melt the Cinnamon Blueberry, what seems to be the predominant note? I love Carol's cinnamon, and I've become a big fan of hers lately!

Melting CFTKR's Buttercream Maple Frosting now.

Crosscreek ~Orange Cranberry Muffins

Front Porch ~ Banana Split

I have these in different rooms, and they all smell great!

Going to add cinnamon or mint scents later. :P

Heart, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I would say the blueberry and cinnamon are pretty evenly balanced on this one, really. Anybody else that's melted this one, feel free to chime in, but yeah, I would say pretty equal.

Today it's CFTKR's Country Bazaar and Spiced Pear.

Powder room: Under the Sheets from Hodge Podge, kitchen/LR: Orange Chiffon Cake from EW. This one is not even fully melted yet and I can already tell it's going to be amazing.

We brought my car to the shop in IL this morning and it was -12. Now it's a balmy -6

[smilie=th_FULL_O17] I haven't had this many days in the negatives that I can remember since I was a teenager. (about 10 years ago). We've had pretty good winters until this year.

Went to bed about 15 minutes after lighting my melts last night, which I blew out, so melting them all today. The Mojito Coctail by K by K is really great! I may have to see if she makes any larger tarts, or just toss two into the bowl each time. Also have CFKTR gingerbread goodies, my Bizzy's Cinnamon Red Hots and Gouremet Sugar Cookie going. Yum Yum.

Going through a bit of a dilemma-I can't decide which I need more, CP's Emo Body Set or CYS's valentines tart set. They are roughly the same price, and I told myself I wouldn't buy both...Yet. Which would you get if it were you? I have a few tarts left in the basket I was trying to clear. I also am down to two scrubs, one body butter and one oil spray. I have CP's emo fragrance sampler coming, but even if I decide to order customs, two items cost about the $20 that the gift set would cost me....I just can't decide.

Didn't know where to post the above so put it here

Meghann, I say go for the melts and wait until you smell your fragrance sampler from CP. Then you can cave for that next week. [smilie=th_c2e41937]

WickedSister, a bosnian refugee? Oh my. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Aria, yep, I lit the CBV Key Lime Crumble Cake candle yesterday. It really smells good. It's got kind of a pound cake scent to it and lots of sweet limes.

I lit it again today. [smilie=th_c2e41937] Also a relight on Cotton Candy Ribbons from HoT

Today I'm melting Stormwatch by Can-Do, and Sandalwood by Dew Drop Scents. No rainy or stormy weather here...far from it, it's like 70 degrees outside today! Just wanted something a little different from the winter "pine" scents I've been melting a lot lately. Have a great day everyone!

Cleaned out the melters in the kids' rooms. DD's room: Marshmallow Monster, DS's room: Fireplace, both from Cozy Cottage.

This afternoon I am melting CFTKR Long Island Pastry. This one smells great!!!!! DD just walked in and said how good it smells.

Glad to be in for the rest of the day. It's cold out there.

Mamalana, you were so right about Kountry at Heart Kandles. As soon as I read your post on that company and checked the site I had to try. I ordered Monday and I got them today.

Decided to try the lightest cold sniff one immediately. It is called Grandma's Powder Room. The site says powder with patchouli and that sounded great. These are tarts in a foil cup and are chunks with overpour in the same scent and they are filled to the top plus. I divided one between my 2 -24 watt melters in the living room. WOW....I love this and it filled 2 rooms plus the hall and is creeping down the basement stairs. I am picking up a lavender with a little vanilla so it is a sweet lavender with a powder base....really pretty. Just like the old time lavenders our grandparents scented with and smells just like my grandma's soaps smelled that she had in her dresser drawers. By that I mean the scent. There is NO soap smell to this. I am impressed.

The other scents i got were Fried Apple Dumpling, Pomegranate, Buttercreme Crunch, Cafe Latte which seems to die for, and Pumpkin Crunch Cake. These are 4 pks in a clear drawstring bag and and are $3. I also got an 8 oz sq mason candles in Creme Brulee and it is brown cheunks with a tan overpour and smells wonderful cold. She also included freebies in full size tarts of Monkey Farts and Clothesline Fresh and a 2-0z body spray in Amazing Grace.

The cart overcharged and she caught it and sent a refund and I didn't even have to ask. Great customer service and a good communicator. I have to get some more of these going later and then I have to buy some more.

Thanks Mamalana......this was a great recommendation. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

I'm melting Chocolate Amber from Can-Do. This is one of the best scents I've smelled in a long time. I will have to order more.

What does the Chocolate Amber smell like, Olive? Thanks Nancy

Nancy - I'm not good at descriptions but I'll give it a try. It smells somewhat of perfume but not a floral one - almost masculine. I wish her website wasn't closed so I could look it up.