The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

a coupla Sparkling Old Lady Angel tealights from YC - can't smell them

Jules, that's probably a good thing! :lol:

Dabba, I love that Rhubarb Plum. Well, I never got to try YC's, but I've loved the dupes.

Today, it's Cornucopia from Can-D0 (nice spice scent) and Harvest from YC. Also, trying to finish up my big jars of Autumn Gold and Leaves.

Just got back from picking up DD from college for Thanksgiving break. Melting GHBT Santa's Whiskers in 2 melters. Sounds like an interesting scent.

Tried to finish my YC Spiced Pumpkin candle last night (at the end). The candle would not burn to the edges and the wicks kept drowning. It burned great until the end. Oh well!

I've got holiday scents galore around here today. I've been clearing out all of my Autumn and everyday brick-a-brack and making a fresh clear palatte for holiday decorating on Friday.

Today's scents are:

Colonial jar - Holiday Sparkle

HoT - Creamy Nutmeg

HoT - Holly's Holiday Blend

YC jar - Holiday Sage

Guest stardustgirl

This morning I melted EW Just Peachy... totally out of season, but I was testing it (really good, fresh-picked peach, not sweet n sticky).

It's day 3 [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] for Nene's Celtic Moonspice (and I must, must MUST HAVE MORE!!!) That little thing really keeps on going!

I tried a couple of CHC scents, but wan't getting much so dumped them (Bear Claw and Chewy Pecan Caramel).

Next up is Nene's Maple something Walnut (it's in the kitchen and I'm too lazy to go in and check the label and my poolboy is busy) and LOL Banana Nut Bread.

Guest Anonymous

I'm lighting candles today.

ginger appletini - sugar&Spice, nice refreshing green apple scent

silver Bell -YC, very soft and complicated scent, really love it

I tested some Xms scents from Grandma Homebrewed, but I don't like them since I don't like too much spices. So I guess I will stick with YC scents for Xms.

Good afternoon! I made a mad dash to the mall to pick up a birthday gift for my mom and to get DD's picture taken with Santa. Fortunately, the mall was only a little bit crowded. I'm staying away from that place until January. My turkey is defrosting, DD is resting from a busy morning and afternoon, DH is quietly working in his office, and I have some free computer aka rest time. Ahhhh....

Oh yeah, and I'm melting Carol's Butter Brickle and Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest...two yummy scents!

Had GHBT Santa's Whiskers melting this afternoon. Really nice scent but lasted only one tealight. Just started the candles for the evening. YC Vanilla Cookie, Kathy Ireland Caramel Crumb Cake and YC Farmers Market Christmas Cookie.

Have a good evening!

Guest Anonymous

Melting HOT's sugared Thanksgiving cookies. I won't miss the pumpkin scents. :oops: :cry: Cuz I refuse to give em up..... :lol:

Hi everyone, tonight I'm melting Carol's Vanilla and black Raspberry.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful night!

Not melting today. Getting ready to leave in the morning to go to Mother in laws for Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a great day on Thursday. I'll be back home on Saturday so I can start melting and burning my smellies.

Guest stardustgirl

I decided to postpone my LOL melt because I opened the windows in a fit of "I NEED AIR!!" (I'm working with a box that has spraymount stink... clashes with everything).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my 3 votives I had going from Chandler Lane were tossing out a bit of scent (hey, 3 votives in a 250 sq. ft. room... that's fantastic). It's the Gingerbread scent - nice...different... definitely mostly ginger, no detectable cloves or nutmeg.

I just got home a little while ago and put my HoT Wildberry Cobbler melt on right away. I actually thought about this scent a few times while I was at work today. :oops: I smell the flaky crust and all. I think I will need to order more before the weekend is over!

Trying Things that Make Sense - Blue Christmas - and once again I am getting that tobacco note. OK - it is not today's tarts, LOL! Must be the cold in my nose starting to bloom. :lol:

Tonight I have on Apple Butter N' Spice from CH, my last one. Also, fall candles burning. I think they will all be done by Thanksgiving! I went and bought myself a one piece holiday crackle tart burner from Yankee today. I couldn't resist and have my CH tart in it tonight. It's festive!

I don't think I'll be buying anymore of HoT's Wildberry Cobbler. I got a prank call earlier that spooked me, so when DH got home from work a little while ago I asked him to be honest with me (he can be a joker, though he's never pranked me)....and before I even finished my sentence he said "about what, your tart?"

Of course I forget about the prank call and ask him what's the matter with my tart. He says nothing, it's just kind of strong that's all. So I dig a little further and ask him if he likes it (again still forgetting about the prank call that spooked me), then he says it smells like ferret. :lol: What the heck? He's been walking around the house making little gagging noises. :lol:

I guess I must like the way ferrets smell! Nite all. :P

Lisa, maybe he smelled the Wild part of the Wildberry Cobbler. I'm sad for you. Crank calls are so creepy and then not getting to enjoy your melt, when you were so looking forward to it.

Ferret? That's a first. :lol: It's still on my try list - now more than ever. :lol:

This morning is CandleDippers Crunch Cake.