The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Finishing the evening with Cobblestone's Caramel Apple and I still have to pick one for the bedroom...(maybe I can find one in the 3 boxes that came today? lol!) :lol:

Tonight it's Angie's Crow Pie, Tuscadero's Brown Sugar Pecan, and Crosscreek's Country House and Caramel Walnut. Earlier it was CFTKR's Cinnamon Nutmeg. I definitely needed some comfort scents today! This was a typical New England February day - snowing and sleeting all day long. It's hard to believe Easter's a month from tomorrow...

The earlier posts made me laugh...I've had both the screamy, giggly girls and the video-playing boys in my house for sleepovers. Not sure which is better...either way I get no sleep because they're all up all night!

Guest Anonymous
I am burning Canary Island Banana from Yankee (that I got from a wonderful member here) in the bedroom and I added the little freebie crumbs I got, in Banana Nut Bread to make it more interesting when it was starting to fade.

I have a YC Canary Island Banana tart, also, but have been afraid to try it ! :lol: I do like bananas ,but not sure I want to smell them for hours. [smilie=th_c54] I was thinking of mixing half of this one with a fruity tart, and like your idea, Little Shells. I have those free sample crumbles many of us got and will try out the banana with some of those scents. I also want to try the banana with a strawberry tart. Just can't imagine the smell of undiluted bananas ! [smilie=th_hmph]

you know, it's odd, the Canary Island Banana was a bit floral to my nose. Isn't that strange. It wasn't like a strong in your face banana, it had something else going in with it. The crumbles were just enough to spice it up and give it some life. Strawberry banana sounds great!

jersey - I have only had time to open one, :lol: , because I got home late from work and all the pets were demanding dinner. Sheesh.

The unopened boxes are from Cottage Hill and NW Soy - the tarts that they are now making. I am anxious to give them a try.

The open box is from Soyful Joys with fun names like Scentual Addiction, Fig Gelato, and Cinnamon Frosting. Have you ordered from them? They are nicely wrapped and labeled, and they enclose a cute paperbag to store them in.

Guest Anonymous

I got 2 orders in 2 days! Just the way i like it! I got Rosegirls and Bella's. I am melting Red Velvet Cake from Bella's and it is still melting but I can smell it for sure! What types of burners do you guys prefer? I got one the the potpuorri melter type ones from Wal-mart that someone had posted about a few days ago. It seems ok, but maybe there is something better out there?...

jersey - I have only had time to open one, :lol: , because I got home late from work and all the pets were demanding dinner. Sheesh.

The unopened boxes are from Cottage Hill and NW Soy - the tarts that they are now making. I am anxious to give them a try.

The open box is from Soyful Joys with fun names like Scentual Addiction, Fig Gelato, and Cinnamon Frosting. Have you ordered from them? They are nicely wrapped and labeled, and they enclose a cute paperbag to store them in.

Only one I have ordered from is Cottage Hill..cute same from soyful joys tho...hope u enjoy everything:)

I got a late start tonight...Tuscadero's Satin Sheets. So far, the throw is pretty good. Just don't know if I love the scent, or if I'm in more of a bakery mood right now.

Woohoo, harts - that was my introduction to red velvet and I loved it. Had to use 1/4 at a time because it was way too strong!

I used the wall plug in for a nice mild throw (15w) and I also used my tealight burner that is pretty heavy ceramic so it didn't burn off the scent. I hope you like it!

:lol:

Guest Anonymous

Have you all tried Monkey burps? It has banana, and rum.

:lol:

karla

Is that like monkey farts? lol

Guest Anonymous
Just cleaned out the melters and put on LOL's Sugar Bits...yum... :lol:

Oh, and I have been using the "ice cube trick" to pop the melts out. I do not remember who originally posted this tip, but THANKS!!

I posted that. lol So it really works? I seriously haven't tried it myself yet. :X lol I am glad it works for ya!!! Maybe I'll go do that now to clean mine out.

Boogie, glad I could head you off that Water Garden--I don't know what it is about that one but I've tried it twice and had to dump both times.

This morning it's YC Juicy Watermelon downstairs and Canary Island Banana upstairs. I always like the watermelon but this is the first banana one so we'll see.

I have my Momma's order uptown if I can get down the drive to get it before I got to the mall. I'm not sure I should even try it but DH says he will sand the drive so I probably will go.

You all have a great day. :lol:

Guest Anonymous
I got 2 orders in 2 days! Just the way i like it! I got Rosegirls and Bella's. I am melting Red Velvet Cake from Bella's and it is still melting but I can smell it for sure! What types of burners do you guys prefer? I got one the the potpuorri melter type ones from Wal-mart that someone had posted about a few days ago. It seems ok, but maybe there is something better out there?...

That question will get you a bazillion different answers - check previous threads on the melting forums....But, I primarily use 14 watt electric heating plate melters. I like that I can put something on and not have to watch it, I can leave it on when I come and go during the day. I like the more steady and longer lasting scent release too. I also use an occasional tea light melter if I have wax that needs a little higher heat or at night when I don't want to take the extra time for something to melt and throw or I just want the ambiance of the candle flame/glow. I have tried both 25 and 40 watt light bulb melters too but they seem to be too particular to get the whole combination of melt and throw just right for some reason - Though I really love the light they give off. I tried to love them mostly for that reason......A lot of us here use electric but you'll find different recommendations as to style and wattage as results vary based on those things. Happy melting!

Guest Anonymous

Morning y'all. Rembran, yes the ice cube trick is fabulous! No more putting my dishes in the freezer. Works like a charm every time. Thanks.

Hart, Mom is right you are going to get a lot of different answers on this one. I personally prefer the 14W melters made by YC or Jackal (found at several etailers like scented baskets, CHC, and essential pleasures) or the 20W pot belly burner at tartburners. The tartburners one is not as well made IMO as the 14W I have but it is nice and does a better job melting stubborn tarts like Can Do. Others prefer to go with a 24W combo burner. You get a much better initial scent throw but general consensus seems to be that it does burn off the scent a little faster. I also have a 25W bulb burner which I hate because it doesn't throw very well.

Anyway, finding the perfect burner for you is a personal choice and has cost the members here lots of agony and money. Good luck as you begin your search!

We have a crazy hectic day today so I am just leaving the tarts from yesterday in the melters. HOT banana Cream Pie which throws well but is not a scent I would reorder. Crosscreek Moments Stolen which is too perfumy for me. And Crosscreek Bamboo Sugar which is too soapy. Won't be home much so it really doesn't matter what I melt.

Rembran, thanks for the ice cube tip... [smilie=th_hmph]

I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. It snowed most of the day yesterday and this morning it is quiet and snow covered. I poured a cup of tea, cleaned out last night's melts and put on LOL's French Apricot. Like the cold scent on this one. It just started melting so I have not gotten the warm scent yet.

Have a great Saturday everyone... :lol:

I like that French crumb cake. Bella's strawberry butter cookie did not have a strong strawberry smell. It was more like a candy smell. One of my students said it smelled like jellybeans. :lol:

Thanks for updating...I'll probably skip it and try another one of her strawberry scents.

Guest Anonymous
Just popped in my YC Mandarin Cranberry so I know whether to rebuy it when I go to the store.

This would be a scent combo I'd love! I always wanted this YC but I stopped buying them before I tried this scent.....may break down and get the tart though.

Morning -- Melting Bella's Amish Patchwork Quilt that she sent as a sample. It's only been burning a couple of minutes and I'm already smelling it.

Guest Anonymous

A Colonial at Home day - Papaya Crush, Mistletoe, Holiday Sparkle, Citrus Mimosa

and a YC fig/plum

Guest Anonymous

Mookie Doodle's Cherry Lemonade.

Candle Haven's Paradise Island (put two more in my coffee cup melter this morning. I LOVE this)

Cozy Cottage's Coconut Lime

McCarley's Gifts' Georgia Peach (I'm trying 1 cube in my plugin warmer in the Guest BR)

Gramma Fran's Blueberry Muffins - this is out in the living area to make the girls think muffins are in the oven. May regret that, though.

These have just started, so no opinion yet (except I already know I love Blueberry Muffins from Gramma).

Still gotta pick out something for the laundry room.