The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

I thought Tuscadero's "Kokomo" that I melted yesterday was one of the best scents I ever smelled, but today, burning Tuscadero's "Indian Paintbrush" I am in scent heaven. I am not a big foodie scent person but I do like spicy type smells -- although this one says on the scent list it is a musky floral w/ roses and sagebrush and I usually do not like rose. But this scent is very different, rich and spicy and carries far and I love it. Kokomo and Indian Paintbrush are definitely going to be reorders.

Oddly too, like Candlefan and Dabba and MJC I am also buring a YC in Autumn Leaves in my kitchen the last few days.I hadn't had a chance to burn it much last Fall, before I switched to Christmas scents and I am enjoying it now. Have a great day everyone.

Patsy

[smilie=th_shewiggle]

Guest Anonymous

Patsy - Thanks for the description of Indian Paintbrush. It really sounded interesting to me until I got to the roses part and then I ran since I don't like rose smelling tarts

....but think maybe I will put it on the list for my next Tuscadero's order. The name is so intriguing, I think.

To Be and Send:

I still have the Indian Paintbrush burning and I swear, since the beginning, I have not smelled any rose smell whatsoever, despite it being in the scent description. The scent (to me) is just spicy and lovely and I think it is the sage that is making it so and the floral must just cut through the sage strength somehow to soften it?

The other thing I am struck by, both yesterday and today, is how pretty and vivid the colors are of the Kokomo (peachy) and Paintbrush (light violet color) tarts. The way Sandy packed them, in pretty cellophane bags - I swear, a couple of those bags filled with tarts and a good tart warmer would make such an attractive bridal shower or new home gift for someone.

Patsy

[smilie=th_shewiggle]

Hi Jason --

"Complex" is the perfect word to describe the Indian Paintbrush scent.

I got some Indonesian Ginger tarts at YC in the fall and loved them. Thanks for the reminder. I have some YC coupons that must be used before Feb. 24th and think I will pick more tarts up in that scent when I go in to the Boston store next week.

Patsy

[smilie=th_shewiggle]

Dumped Harvest Spice and am now melting Grazia's Orange Chiffon Cake. I'm very pleased that it's light on the orange. Wonderful bakery scent!

Guest Anonymous

Crosscreek's order arrived: melting Carribean Pear and Apple Spice.

Little Black Dress from Cozy Cottage.

Blueberry Muffin from Arts & Hearts.

I'm melting Can-do's very cherry in the kitchen, my wal-mart cinnabon candle by the computer and a blueberry muffin candle by a local vendor in the den. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Guest Anonymous

I am burning the 98 cent specials from Pier One at home

Orange Truffle

Creme Brulee

Mint Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Macadamia

Across from them are

YC Home Again Winter Air

YC Sunwashed Linen

YC Juicy Grapefruit

and by itself a huge Moments candle in Bridal Bouquet

Guest Anonymous

these were $10 6 oz candles in a frosted drinking glass tumbler with a Christmas tree painted on the outside...they were 90% off, right at the front cash register

that kind of sale is embarrassing [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Gosh I have run the gambit with scents today. I have left the Hazlenut Cappucino from Cobblestone on all day-it is still going-wonderful!

I have changed the DR scents 3 times- had the Breathe Clear in-it did its job so I dumped it(eucalyptus doesn't really connect with coffee [smilie=th_yourock] )

Bought a new tart basket today-so I was organizing tarts and found a partial clamshell from K's-decided to use the rest of it-Snow Angels-zip!Nada! nothing-poured it out and now have Banana Nut Bread by Grazia on.

I usually don't go for Banana scents,but this one is good. It is more bakery than banana and complements the coffee nicely. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Guest Anonymous

I bought a YC Home Again Banana Pudding 14 oz jar candle at TJ Maxx for $7.50 and I just love it

I think it is retired, and YC has a new banana flavor...the old banana works for me.

Guest Anonymous

Little Black Dress from Cozy Cottage is too perfumey. I'm going to dump it in a minute.

I didn't get much scent throw from Arts & Hearts Blueberry, so I added it to Crosscreek's Apple Crisp, then started Blueberry Muffin from Crosscreek in the living room...yum!

Caribbean Pear from Crosscreek is divine - good pear scent with hint of spice. Very good scent throw.

Flannel Sheets from Cozy Cottage - very nice, clean. Good scent throw.

Buckeye's Love Spell in the BR, Dreamtarts Misty Melon in the living room. It has just started, so I don't know much about what makes the melon misty yet.

Guest Anonymous

Melting Bella's cocnut spumoni in my room..This is sooo strong I may need to change it to a larger area... Orange juice cake by LOL in my living room... [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]