The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

I'm still melting YC Vanilla Cupcake downstairs and Pink Sugar in my daughter's room, which quickly became a favorite of hers and mine. This particular tart is from Grazia and she especially likes the sparkles.

Debra99, what color of melter did you order from NW Candles? I saw the add, too, and the only reason I haven't ordered is because I'm still trying to decide what color to get! That's an unbelievable price and $3.99 shipping is almost unheard of!

I am melting YC pumpkin pie in a tealight burner and it's smelling great. I am finding that YC tarts do better in a tealight burner...or that's my experience!

Guest Anonymous

Good morning to all. I've had sweet dreams of candle burning and melting and have recovered after last nights trauma. I am burning Gold Canyons Cozy Cabin. Nice for a cold day. Melting Banana Nut Bread in the kitchen. I guess I will continue my quest for the most realistic banana nut bread formulation. Did I tell ya'll that my husband thought I made bread one day after melting Fresh Baked Bread. He was so disappointed I really had to make a loaf.

Cheryl, The banana Nut Bread that McCarleys has is so realistic. I have a tart I could send you to try it if you want me to. Email me at poochiepatootieboutique@yahoo.com

I sell a ton of her banana nut bread candles in my store.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

karla

Guest Anonymous

How do you all put what someone said in Blue? I can't figure it out.

karla

Guest Anonymous

I'm about to switch out CHC's Twigs and Berries for something to try out in my new 40-watt bulb burner......not sure what yet.

mp - I took awhile to decide! I ended up with burgundy because it went in the most rooms in my house...but I seriously contemplated the hunter green!

Karla:

Re. "the Blue" -- If you go to the "Hodge Podge" section of the Forum and find "Burning the Blue" it will explain its purpose. What is basically is -- is this:

if someone in our candle group posts/shares that they have a problem (i.e., not feeling well, a family member who is seriously ill) members can burn something blue for them -- a blue tart or a blue candle. Just to show sort of a unity with our friends here. I saw this done on a message board for years (a board not related to candles) and I thought the idea was super. Posters can also request "the Blue" and not even tell us what they need it for. That's all it is, really and I hope this info helps.

Patsy

Thanks, Debra99. I am also getting the burgundy. I'm hoping it's more of a brick red and will go with my primitive decor in the LR/DR. It's hard to tell on the computer screen exactly what it's going to look like, but for that price I can't pass it up!

Guest Anonymous

YC Macintosh and YC Autumn Wreath, with a sprinkle of Colonial Candle's fresh Picked Cotton

Debra, you and mpfand both got me - got the burgundy one too! If it doesn't match your brick red mpfand, I found a good terracotta colored 22W burner on another site that's quite cute. Thanks, ladies!

Psssst...Cyn.....how'd we do? [smilie=th_bb20]

YC Macintosh and YC Autumn Wreath, with a sprinkle of Colonial Candle's fresh Picked Cotton

Miss, are you saying you have mixed these scents together, or you're just melting them all separately at the same time?

I am re-melting my Shortbread Cookie from last night. I only melted it for one tealight last night. I find that if I let it harden and then melt it again, it loses alot of scent. I usually pop in another tealight while it's still liquid and and it goes strong for the second tealight. Oh well, may have to change it out soon. I also have my Good Morning candle burning in the kitchen. Such a nice "kitchen-y" scent.

I have Tuscadero's "Kokomo" tarts in 2 burners -- in kitchen and LR and the smell is fabu!!! I never heard of this tart scent so looked it up - description on Sandy's scent page describes it is: "sweet, milky, fruity, coconut milk, peaches and carmelized sugar." Before melting it was a beautiful peach color and I really like this scent -- it is different -- and will definitely be reordering it.

Patsy

[smilie=th_bb20]

Guest Anonymous

kfokc, I mix them, the tarts

I had a swirl candle from YC; it had Macintosh and Harvest...it was terrific, that combination...so I tried some tarts together and liked it

trep, how strong is honeydew? I had a cantaloupe and coconut candle I could barely smell....ditto cucumber...so I had passed on the melons....was I wrong?

Guest Anonymous

Patsy, Thanks, but that isn't what I meant.

I mean when you put what someone else said, and it is in a blue rectangle.

I thought it was when you hit quote, but it didn't put it in blue it just put what that person said.

[smilie=th_bb20]

Karla

Debra, you and mpfand both got me - got the burgundy one too! If it doesn't match your brick red mpfand, I found a good terracotta colored 22W burner on another site that's quite cute. Thanks, ladies!

Psssst...Cyn.....how'd we do? [smilie=th_bb20]

Ya'll are too much! Really, it's getting hard to tell who the biggest enabler is around here! :)

[

color=darkblue]
Patsy, Thanks, but that isn't what I meant.

I mean when you put what someone else said, and it is in a blue rectangle.

I thought it was when you hit quote, but it didn't put it in blue it just put what that person said.

:)

Karla

[/color]

So sorry, Karla - I misunderstood. I will try now to highlight your quote and go up where it says "default" and put it in blue and see if it comes out.

Patsy

Nope -- it didn't come out blue. Maybe someone else can help you, Karla. I am not a real whiz when it comes to computer stuff. Sorry.

p [smilie=th_bb20]

Patsy, not sure if I can help...I just highlight (with the mouse) and hit the word "quote" in the top of the box that I have just done the highlighting in - not the one clear at the top...is that different than what you have tried? Hope this helps! [smilie=th_bb20]

Patsy, not sure if I can help...I just highlight (with the mouse) and hit the word "quote" in the top of the box that I have just done the highlighting in - not the one clear at the top...is that different than what you have tried? Hope this helps! [smilie=th_bb20]

Trying it now, Deb. Thank you. :)

Hooray! It worked. Hope Karla reads your very clear instructions. Thanks again, Debra.

[smilie=th_bomb]

miss- the YC Honeydew is nice and strong--it is my favorite honeydew scent. Their Juicy Watermelon is very good too and their Cucumber and Cantaloupe. I love melon scents and these three are great. Also Cobblestone has a good cucumber/cantaloupe as does Essential Pleasures. Hope you find one of these you like.