The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Greetings from New Zealand

Hi, I have lurked here for a wee while and decided I should join even though I won't have a lot to contribute. As you can see from my name and the thread title I live pretty far away from most of you ( are there any other non Americans here at all ???)

I am a huge candle but mostly tart lover. Sad to say they are pretty hard to come by here. My addiction started because a friend in PA sent me Christmassy votives from Yankee Candle about 4 or 5 years ago. I was hooked.

I have a Sunflower Day YC tart warmer about 5 feet away from me right now, even though it is the middle of winter here lol.

I don't know how much I will be able to contribute as I don't have a credit card and the cost of shipping to NZ is usually so high we don't order anything except occasionally through Amazon.

I was in Los Angeles in 2005 and 2006 and stocked up both times. Recently for the first and only time ever I found YC tarts in a pharmacy outlet store. The woman told me once they were gone they were gone and that it was a one time thing. I had to take what I could get which was mostly Sunflower Day ( which luckily it turned out I loved) Seaside Holiday, buttercream , and a couple of Home Sweet Home.

Now I read here that they don't keep all that long and I am worried as I bought them all up but try not to actually use them.

Hoarder mentality has set in because I know I either have to go back to the States or fluke a find again which is pretty unlikely lol.

I adore the Christmas scents, cinnamon and spices. Love the "clean" scents like the laundry ones.

Nothing banana or pineapple blech !

I have lots of candles that I burn as well but have never found anything here that has the throw and variety of scents like YC.

I know from reading here that there are seemingly far better and cheaper options but again not for me [smilie=th_326db8b3] :lol:

Sorry that turned into quite the novel didn't it !

Welcome. I'm happy that you joined in. What is winter like there? That's hard for me to imagine with it being so hot here in August.

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

Guest Anonymous

I am in Auckland so it is pretty mild here compared to other parts of the country, it never snows here. I guess much like Florida haha.

We have had some pretty wild weather recently though with a couple of storm fronts blowing through. A lot of people were without power for 24 hours. Amazingly not us we kept ours, I have plenty of candles if it does go out though [smilie=group_hug] :lol:

It is not raining today which makes a change !

I sometimes wish it would snow here...then I come to my senses.

You've got to get hooked up with some contests from different tart companies. If you can't buy them...WIN them.

[smilie=group_hug]

[smilie=group_hug] Wendy! Glad to have you here! I used to live in Guam so I understand about not being able to get certain things. Mail order was not always an option, either, and if it was, then it usually took at least 4 weeks.

Guest tammye

Welcome Wendy. Glad you joined us and I am sure you will find things to contribute along the way.

Welcome, Wendy! How fun to have you with us, from so far away!

(And good idea jules...we are a lucky group, she is bound to win some good loot!) [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Welcome Wendy-I love Auckland! One of my best friends lives there! I am sure that you will have a lot to contribute to our group.Be sure to check the sales threads,as lots of vendors do offer specials on shipping for international customers.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Funny that a couple of you mention entering to win things. I am a bit of a contest/compaholic as well as a candle lover lol. In fact when I said I was in Los Angeles in 2005 and 2006 once was working on a tv show 05 and the second time was because I won a trip to the Emmys LOL

Welcome Wendy! It's good to have you here. Hopefully you'll be able to find some companies that are willing to ship to you. I can't imagine going without tarts. [smilie=th_aa17] Definitely enter the contests posted here. There have been several of us (myself included) that have won a bunch of things. It can't hurt to try, right?

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Wendy, I wonder maybe we could order for you. Would it would be cheaper for one of us to send it to you? I would be willing to do that. If you ever decide you want to do that let me know. No problem. Linda

Guest stardustgirl

Welcome!

[smilie=th_angry7]

I know of at least one vendor on eBay who sells Yankee and ships overseas in the flatrate boxes that you can cram full with a *bunch* of tarts, so if you order a lot at a time it's pretty cheap.

I like the indie vendors rather than Yankee. I found that the scents are stronger from a lot of the people that make their own and I like strongly scented things (well... good smelling things, anyway, LOL!)

[smilie=th_yahoo]

Wendy & welcome!!

I used to have a pen pal as a child from New Zealand. I think I still have her letters and pictures. LOL So nice to have you here. This forum is a lot of fun. You're on the other side of the world, but everyone here will make you feel so close.

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]