The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Guest Anonymous

Kudzu Blossom from Texas Scentsations. Strong but smells like grape jelly.

Thanks for all the get better wishes. I slept really well and then woke up this morning coughing and though "Oh that's right. I'm still sick" I've never had bronchitis before. It's endless! I just finished up the antibiotic today. I'll give it today then back to the doc.

Since I can sort of smell things this morning, I lit all the spices from the other night again.

Full Moon - White Ginger

PI - Sandlewood Amber

Circle E - Orange Patchouli

Cyn, That Blue Sugar may grow on you. I didn't care for it when I first tried it, but now I find myself drawn to it more and more. Even in B&B, though it's a bit masculine. I really like it.

Juletones...ask for augmentin...it really clears up bronchitis!

Now melting downy vanilla lavender from Grandma's homebrwed tarts...cold sniff is wonderful!

Jules, I'm sorry you're sick! Feel better!

Fleur, Nope neither one are spicy. The Sweet Harvest Pumpkin surprised me because I thought it would be very spicy since it's called Harvest. However, it's a sweet pumpkin scent with just the slightest touch of sweet cinnamon (not spicy at all). Have you tried Pumpkin Crunch Cake? If that one can be melted ok with your son, then you'll have no problem with this one. The two are similar. It starts off really light. After and hour I could only smell it a little and was sad because the little that I could smell was really good. However, after about 90 minutes it was stinking up the whole downstairs...in a good way [smilie=th_aola] I ordered a2 bags of it. I really enjoy the non-spicy pumpkins. Your son would love her Pumpkin and Sugared Hazelnuts one and Vanilla Pumpkin one. Those are very creamy pumpkins with no spice at all. I enjoyed Gingerbread Goodies but it's not her best Gingerbread IMO. It's a good one but not the best. It's a bit light but still smellable. It's not spicy at all, so this would be a good gingerbread to use with your son. It's more of a sweet gingerbread. It's got a warm and creamy kind of smell to it.

I've moved on to Cranberry Sugar Cookie. Jason, you're right...great scent but not too strong which is fine with me. My nose needs a lighter scent every now and then. I think I'm going to run over to Carol's and get a bag of it. The cranberry is predominate but I can detect some warm sugar cookie every now and then. As soon as I clean out my other melter, I'll fire up Banana Split. This is an older scent from Carol but OMG, it's awesome!!! She discontinued it last summer and put it on clearance. I bought 2 or 3 bags of it even though I already had a bag of it. I needed to get a lifetime supply because it's so good.

Guest Anonymous
Juletones...ask for augmentin...it really clears up bronchitis!

Now melting downy vanilla lavender from Grandma's homebrwed tarts...cold sniff is wonderful!

I just placed a small order from there this morning......I love her scent list and she seems to have great CS so far.

Melting my last Apple Mango Tango from Can-Do upstairs, and getting ready to try something in a tart pan on the 14-watt melter before I leave for the school run and Bible study this morning.....I think I'll put on Honeydew & Summer Berries from Tuscadero's - should be a good test since I know what it's supposed to perform like.

I'm melting Cafe Au Lait from Yankee. This one is great. I bought this on Sunday when I went to the mall. I hate paying $1.99 for these things but I really wanted to try a few of the new scents.

Olive--is this one really strong or more of a subtle coffee scent? I have been tempted to try it but was afraid it would be too strong. Thanks. Nancy

I have been fussing around with a simmer oil...PartyLite's Ginger Lemon Meringue. It sounded wonderful, it was expensive, and it has zero scent. I have tried tealights, plug-ins and electric. Nada.

I need to "just say no" to neighbor's home candle parties!

:lol:

LLVV... thanks for the reviews of the pumpkins.... I just peeked at the sampler that I received from Carol last week... Pumpkin and Sugared Hazelnuts and the Vanilla Pumpkin are in that sampler (along with the Pumpkin Crunch Cake)... I had not unwrapped the bags yet because I've been trying to use up my summer scents... but it has been a little cooler here the past few days... putting me in a fall mood... maybe I will melt one later today! I will put the Sweet Harvest Pumpkin on my list too!

Whew! I've been out grocery shopping with 4 kids for most of the morning, so I'm pooped. I got everything put away, and all of the kids (and myself) fed, so I can finally sit down and relax. While at Walmart, I browsed the candle aisle, and found the mainstays tarts that Nancy mentioned. At 33 cents, I had to pick up a few. So, I just started melting strawberry kiwi here in my computer room. I don't know how it'll throw yet, as I just started it, but the cold smell is great. Hopefully it'll be good. How have yours been, Nancy?

Have a great day, everyone!

Jules, I hope you feel better soon! :lol:

This morning I am trying Vanilla Crunch in the kitchen and LR from Hodge Podge.

Today I am finishing up the strawberry tarts. Strawberry Kiwi by Nessa's Sweet, really don't care for the kiwi, but it's ok. Strawberry Delight from Cathy 4 kids, pretty good. Have a great day everyone.

Susan

I have looked for the tarts at Wal-Mart just out of curiosity, but have not run across them. Are they on the candle aisle? I saw .33 cent votives, but no tarts.

Today I have on Osmanthus and Fig from CFTKR. I don't know about this one. I had to look up Osmanthus on Wikipedia because I'd never heard of it before (a warm weather plant mostly found in China). I don't know if I like this. I'm trying to give it a little time, but there is almost a dirt note to it. It smells a bit like dirty roots from the ground to me, which might be fine if you're gardening outside, but not in your living room. I'm giving it 30 more minutes to be fair, and then it goes. :lol:

Whew! I've been out grocery shopping with 4 kids for most of the morning, so I'm pooped. I got everything put away, and all of the kids (and myself) fed, so I can finally sit down and relax. While at Walmart, I browsed the candle aisle, and found the mainstays tarts that Nancy mentioned. At 33 cents, I had to pick up a few. So, I just started melting strawberry kiwi here in my computer room. I don't know how it'll throw yet, as I just started it, but the cold smell is great. Hopefully it'll be good. How have yours been, Nancy?

Have a great day, everyone!

Heidi--my mainstay tarts have been surprisingly good. I have used the Strawberry Kiwi and the Black Cherry so far and they put out a very good throw. They seem to last a good 6 hrs, too, which I think is pretty good for 33 cent tarts. I went back and got some more myself this morning. Cheap and good is what I am always looking for. :lol:

Jason - I found the tarts in the candle aisle, along with the votives. It's the first time I've ever seen them there. And, so far, the strawberry kiwi one that I have going is throwing like crazy!

And Nancy - I agree with you on the cheap and good! :lol: You can't really beat 33 cents, except for the 4 for a dollar ones at Dollar Tree.

Had to dump Vanilla Crunch due to no scent. Now trying Amish Harvest from Hodge Podge. I have high hopes for this one. Not only does it have a wonderful cold smell, but it's one of my all time favorite scents.

Good afternoon everyone. Just put Can-Do Downy in my bedroom and Can-Do Berry Verbana in front room. From my expereince so far Can-Do has the strongest tarts.

I saw tarts in my Wal-mart quite a few months ago, but it's been a while. I'll have to check again next time I go to see if they're back. I didn't try them, but at 33 cents it's worth a shot [smilie=th_happy096]

Sharon

Heidi--I agree--except for the 4 for $1 ones at Dollar Tree these ones from Wal Mart are the best bargain around.

I have on a candle from Huckleberry Layne going for the late afternoon in Blueberry Patch and a HL tart in the LR called Wild Huckleberry I think. I just got one grubby by itself so no label but I think that is what it is called.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Good afternoon everybody. [smilie=th_happy096]

This afternoon I am melting tarts in Blueberry Cotton Candy from Front Porch and also their triple layer candle in Blueberry Cotton Candy, Lime Cotton Candy and Pink Lemonade. Boy, this is a lot of scent and it is wonderful. Go Angie!!! [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Started the evening melt. Just put on Lessie's Coco Mint Frost from Can Do. This smells like one strong scent. Never tried the CH version but everyone here raved about it. So here goes............