The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Changed out a couple of my melters as just had to put on a couple from my orders today.

In the living room I put on Mayan Blackberry ice Cream. A lighter scent, but it permeates the room and has become a favoite of mine.

In the comp room I am trying a freebie from CFTKR in Sandalwood Ginger Apple....it has just started but is beginning to smell interesting...the ginger is coming out first, so will have to see on completed blend scent and the throw. This really seems different...even for me.

My CFTKR order came! :P I just started melting Sweet Harvest Apple.

My tart burners are driving me nuts. Earlier today I was melting a strong thrower and wasn't smelling a thing. I decided to check the temperature on it (24 watt one) and the darn thing was 175 degrees. This stupid thing has crazy temperature variations. Since I primarily melt Carol's tarts which are solid parrafin I usually look for at least 200 degrees. 200 gives me just the throw I'm looking for. This stupid tart melter has ranged from 236 (I ended up with a sinus infection a few months ago because it was throwing crazy strong scent that I threw me out of the room) to a low of 165. I've just about had it with this darn thing. I'm seriously considering going back to my bulb burners. I love the 24 watt one when it's in a good mood and working correctly and hate it when it's acting up. You'd thing this thing was a 3 year old the way that it behaves...LOL. Anyway, I have this afternoon's melt in my 40 watt bulb burner.

I tried to make falafel for dinner and they fell apart. I'm so disappointed because the mixture smelled sooooo delicious. Then it hit the frying pan and they fell apart like melting snowballs. So, DH is taking us out to dinner. DD wants to go to Applebees so we're heading over there. I'd prefer Indian or Thai but I don't think she'd agree to that since they don't offer DD-friendly meals.

Enjoy your night scent lovers!

Just put Sage & Citrus upstairs. This is from Front Porch. Hope they announce a sale soon. I'm anxious to place another order now that I've had a chance to try some of their scents!

Guest stardustgirl
I decided to check the temperature on it (24 watt one) and the darn thing was 175 degrees. This stupid thing has crazy temperature variations. Since I primarily melt Carol's tarts which are solid parrafin I usually look for at least 200 degrees. 200 gives me just the throw I'm looking for. This stupid tart melter has ranged from 236 (I ended up with a sinus infection a few months ago because it was throwing crazy strong scent that I threw me out of the room) to a low of 165.

:P I didn't know they could vary like that without a dimmer on them. How do you check the temperature of a melter?

Guest Anonymous
My CFTKR order came! :P I just started melting Sweet Harvest Apple.

My tart burners are driving me nuts. Earlier today I was melting a strong thrower and wasn't smelling a thing. I decided to check the temperature on it (24 watt one) and the darn thing was 175 degrees. This stupid thing has crazy temperature variations. Since I primarily melt Carol's tarts which are solid parrafin I usually look for at least 200 degrees. 200 gives me just the throw I'm looking for. This stupid tart melter has ranged from 236 (I ended up with a sinus infection a few months ago because it was throwing crazy strong scent that I threw me out of the room) to a low of 165. I've just about had it with this darn thing. I'm seriously considering going back to my bulb burners. I love the 24 watt one when it's in a good mood and working correctly and hate it when it's acting up. You'd thing this thing was a 3 year old the way that it behaves...LOL. Anyway, I have this afternoon's melt in my 40 watt bulb burner.

I tried to make falafel for dinner and they fell apart. I'm so disappointed because the mixture smelled sooooo delicious. Then it hit the frying pan and they fell apart like melting snowballs. So, DH is taking us out to dinner. DD wants to go to Applebees so we're heading over there. I'd prefer Indian or Thai but I don't think she'd agree to that since they don't offer DD-friendly meals.

Enjoy your night scent lovers!

LLVV - I just found this post so informative. First, I had no idea you could get a sinus infection from tarts if the scents were throwing too strong (was it the scents themselves or the strong warmer creating the problem?) And, I also didn't realize that heating plate melters could have such a tremendous variation in temperature! I thought they were constant, which is part of the appeal of them? Do you think the temperature fluctuation is because of the wax itself or the melter not heating consistently? A few days ago I was starting to wonder if the constant postnasal drip and cough I was developing (and only me, nobody else in my house) wasn't because I had switched from paraffin to soy (thinking maybe there was something about the paraffin or the way the scent throws - I find the scents in paraffin to be slightly more 'perfumy' almost than with soy), but I figured that would only apply to candles. At the same time I was playing around with a 24-watt melter but it would never have occured to me to check the temperature of it....Could the scent be throwing too strong and that was affecting my upper respiratory system??

I would love to go back to bulb melters - I love how they look, but I can't seem to find one that works well. I'd love to know where you might have found one you'd be willing to go back to!

Guest Anonymous
Just put Sage & Citrus upstairs. This is from Front Porch. Hope they announce a sale soon. I'm anxious to place another order now that I've had a chance to try some of their scents!

I'm waiting on a Front Porch order from the July shipping sale....Good stuff, isn't it? I think in between sales I might try ordering off of their e-bay site....

Guest Anonymous

Melting CFTKR vanilla nut cranberry bread. This is spicier than I thought it would be.....I like spice, just wasn't expecting it and am wondering if maybe it got mixed up and was mislabeled...... :P

LLVV - I think you have melted this one, too - do you remember it being spicey?

I just put in Can-Do's version of CH Haunted House. It smells great cold. Time to melt that baby!

:P

I'm doing the same thing!

[smilie=th_23_32_7]

My Haunted House tart is smelling so good. How's yours? I'm on my second tealight. I get a little patchouli from it but in a good way. It's hard for me to guage the strength of it because I'm stuffed up but it is definately getting through. This one is really nice for the evening. It strikes me as an after dark kind of scent.

I probably could have gotten another tealight out of CocoaPink's Creme Coconut, but I wanted something different. I switched to LOL's Love Shack Lilac.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

I just put in Can-Do's version of CH Haunted House. It smells great cold. Time to melt that baby!

:P

I'm doing the same thing!

[smilie=th_23_32_7]

My Haunted House tart is smelling so good. How's yours? I'm on my second tealight. I get a little patchouli from it but in a good way. It's hard for me to guage the strength of it because I'm stuffed up but it is definately getting through. This one is really nice for the evening. It strikes me as an after dark kind of scent.

hmmm..I can't really smell mine much. It's a very light fragrance for me. I think I'll try my tealight warmer next time, and see if I get different results. I don't know if the weather has anything to do with it, but we had a very rainy night. Sometimes I think the extra humidity makes the throw different.

Put on Pink Sugar-Phebes for the evening

Coastal Breeze-Nene's as well.

Burning Black Cherry-triple layer thing from wally world.

Dabba, I watch some college ball, too. Mostly the SEC, since I'm from Arkansas. Love the Razorbacks! :P

Soy Lovely - Violet Lime. This is good and STRONG!

Tara's - Biolage. Nice with fairly good throw.

Black Forest Truffle from Cottage Hill is fabulous and very strong. Absolutely delicious!

Good evening, everyone! Just got home and put on:

Busy Bee's Blueberry in the kitchen

Candledipper's Blue Hawaiian in the master bedroom

Front Porch's Mountain Lake in the guest bath

Pier One's Oriental Spice candle in the kid's bath

Too early to tell but boy! it is good to be home! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Sweet&spiceygrl - The Vanilla Nut Cranberry Tart is definitely more cranberry than vanilla or bread. I definitely remember it being very heavy with cranberry. That's what really stuck out to me but now that you mention it maybe it was a spicy cranberry.

Mom - I developed the same exact problem with nasal drips, scratchy throats (especially in the morning and at night...probably due to the smaller size of my bedroom vs. my open downstairs), and sinus infections (definitely sinus infections as nobody else in the house was getting a cold and we all practically breath on top of each other and share utensils and drinking glasses sometimes) during the time that I started using 24 watt melters. I think my sinuses sometimes get bothered by the fragrances if I melt too often or if the throw is too strong.