The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

For the evening-Balinese Cascade-Nene's

Pink Sugar Milk-CFTKR

Had to switch melters around in the house today,following a major "waxident". I am so glad I did! One of my melters is scenting the living room in a way that nothing ever has before! It is one that I didn't think had a very strong throw before! I guess it just goes to show you that you should always experiment with placement of melters before you give them up.

Guest Anonymous

Trep - so glad your kitty is doing better and will be home soon and you can give him lots of smoochies and ear scritches! Oh...and toonie fishies are good, too! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Melting Crosscreek's Melon Mist. Like the melon part...not sure about the 'mist'....

Guest Anonymous

Hi everyone

tonight I am melting Can-Do's Country Store in my kitchen and Front Porch's Lime Cotton Candy in the living room. I love both scents.

Hi, Hannah. Welcome!

Angie's - Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Arts & Hearts - Jade

Bloomwick - Honeysuckle. Love this one.

Cloud Nine - Red Velvet Cake

Cottage Hill - Birthday Cake. Just starting, but it's already strong and good.

Welcome Hannah!

I've finally figured out what scent YC's Cinnamon & Brown Sugar reminds me of... Carol's Crispy Cream Donuts. This morning when I first lit the votive I knew that it reminded me of something.

This evening is CHC's Autumn Spice, it's great.

Others today included CH's Spicy Peaches and Apples (I'm going to miss this!!) and Carol's Spiced Mulberry, very nice.

Nancy, that's good news about your kitty. I hope you have him home with you soon!

Hello, hannah! Welcome to CF. [smilie=th_happy096]

Home from work and immediately started the two melters downstairs with Gramma Rita's Zucchini Bread from Tuscadero's. Have a good evening, everyone!

Welcome Hannah!

Melting Windchimes from Can-do tonight, it's very nice!!

Nancy, I'm glad your kitty is starting to do better!

Dabbadooey now you have me hungry for boiled peanuts :?

[smilie=th_happy096]

Sharon

OK, cyn...A..B...C...I see a pattern! [smilie=th_happy096]

Tonight is Cloud's Bamboo Mandarin. 1 cube, doing a pretty good job of scent 1 room.

and

Chelez Creations Bamboo just got started

Hi all! Welcome Hannah! Dabba, what do you do with boiled peanuts? Sooooo curious.

Tonight I'm melting NeNe's Powdered Jelly Donut...Yummo

Candle Dippers - Geisha.....I love this scent....find that I am liking quite a few of Candle Dipper's scents....it seems that her 3 oz. shot cup is the most econonical way to go, but please tell me how you cut a 3 oz. round tart into 3 equal pieces without making a big mess? [smilie=th_happy096]

Guest stardustgirl

Jules - heh heh... *enable, enable*

[smilie=th_happy096]

I ordered a few more scent shots today since the shipping was free.

Debra - this room is getting a new floor in (OMG!!) September. I'm doing the floors in the closets since I did built-ins a few years ago and I'll do the (technically incorrect but I don't care because it's my room) installation working around the vertical boards that rest on the subfloor. Taking out the built-ins would require removing *all* clothes and shoes, would damage the wallpaper in the closet, and would add way more stress than I care to deal with.

When the handyguy does the floor in the room, he'll take up the top layer of subfloor because it's some kind of engineered junk that's great for stapling carpet to, but lousy for nailing wood to (it won't hold well). The hold issue doesn't matter inside the closet because it's not like anyone ever *walks* on that, LOL! He's a perfectionist though, and it would cause him much pain to do the floors in the closet the way I'm doing them, but he said he can make the ends meet fine (I suspect *he* didn't want to disassemble my built-ins either). He keeps trying to talk me into prefinished flooring, but I'm going for rustic grade wood that has to be finished after installation. To me, it feels nicer underfoot, and any paint dribbles or candlewax drips will just add to the "charm".

He's a sport. He did my sparkle glitter copper grout in my bathroom and didn't even mumble too much when he left here covered in more glitter than a 6 year old dressed up as a fairy princess.

Candle Dippers - Geisha.....I love this scent....find that I am liking quite a few of Candle Dipper's scents....it seems that her 3 oz. shot cup is the most econonical way to go, but please tell me how you cut a 3 oz. round tart into 3 equal pieces without making a big mess? :?

I run a sharp knife under my water hot shot and then an apple corer for larger tarts, and then cut the tart on a cutting board. It really is worth the extra effort. If you don't have a hot shot, running a knife under very hot water will work too. Once they are cut, I sometimes put them in the poly pro bags I got from Wal-Mart to keep them fresh.

Melting my new blueberries now...Can-Do's Blueberry Pie, and Pure Scent's Blueberry Muffin. Pure Scent's brittle on this is great! Can-Do just got started, so I'll get back on this one.

I'm in heaven with all the new scents I got today!

[smilie=th_happy096]

Welcome Hannah and Wendy--this morning it is Mum from the dollar store. It is a lovely scent and you can't beat the price 4 tarts for $1!! Have a great day everyone and thanks again for all your well wishes about our kitty. I am hoping for really good news today.

Good morning! I'm glad your kitty is doing better, Trep.

Bear Claws - Angie. This is strong and one of my favorites from her.

Fresh Rain - Chelez. Several of those little tarts going, not much.

Brandied Pear - Bloomwick

Mango Mandarin - Kreations by Kathie.

Good morning everyone!

Wendy, YC Seaside Holiday is one of my favorites!!

This morning I put another tealight on Can-Do's Windchimes. I'm in the mood for apples today though, so when this runs out I'll switch to some type of apple. Have a great day everybody!!

Sharon

Not melting this evening because i just boiled up a huge pot of peanuts...Yum!

How were they? My husband loves boild peanuts. I've never tried to make them myself.

This morning :

Candle Dippers - Watermelon Martini

Pure Integrity - Lemon Meringue Pie

(so far)