The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Starting the day with YC water garden...last Friday before school starts [smilie=th_teks0311]

I love Water Garden, I've only ever sniffed it cold. Enjoy your day Dabba!

Melting PI Vanilla~ this is the first time. I found PI at the Fair last night and bought some clamshells :)

Honeysuckle from Can-Do and Cactus & Sea Salt from Grazia. My daughter has YC Cafe Au Lait in her bedroom! Makes me want to go get a Frapp!!

School starts Monday here, too. We are going at 1:00 to meet the teachers. My older 2 kids I'm not nervous about.....but my youngest who just turned 4 on July 4, I am soooo nervous for! He will go to Pre-K for the first time. He's always been home with me and I'm sad [smilie=th_teks0311]

Have a Happy Friday everyone!

Sharon

[smilie=th_teks0311] Getting ready to go to work so not melting anything new this morning. I'll just leave Crow in da Cornbread from Gramma Fran's on til I get home this evening. Amazingly, this still has scent even after going all day yesterday. The throw is much lighter, but the scent is still there! I did put Banana Pudding & Vanilla Wafers from Bella's in the kids' rooms since they'll be home all day.

Great scents going here today! Awww, Floridamom, I cried all day long when both of my kids started that first day, and when my youngest when off to college..OMG even harder, but they have to get their wings. My heart goes out to you. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Could someone please give me a link to Charity's site?

Just started melting a Can-Do test of a scent combo I requested. Very exciting!

Good morning!

Awh, Floridamom. I know how you feel. I felt the same exact way when DD started pre-school. She went running into the school as happy as a butterfly and never looked back at her crying mom.

I'm melting Spicy Gingerbread today.

I'm melting Chestnuts and Brown Sugar by Hodge Podge in the kitchen. Wow! This really throws! Bamboo Cabin in the den from CHC> Smells really unique.

Okay-

Burning Brown sugar and Berries-Home Int. in the kitchen, burning Cranberry Whipped Cream-Sheba's Secrets in the bath

Melting-Fizzy Pop-Spotted Hog in the DR

Still have that Country Clothesline going in the LR(it is strong-but I am not liking this one today-must be me)

Great scents going here today! Awww, Floridamom, I cried all day long when both of my kids started that first day, and when my youngest when off to college..OMG even harder, but they have to get their wings. My heart goes out to you. :lol:

Could someone please give me a link to Charity's site?

Just started melting a Can-Do test of a scent combo I requested. Very exciting!

Hi Heart. Charity = Texas Scentsations. She has not re-opened yet but here is what I have.

http://www.texasscentsations.com/public_html/indexb.php I can hardly wait until she opens.

All this talk of TS sent me on a search around here. I found some. I've ended all the fresh scents from this morning. I've got some Chestnuts & Brown Sugar in my hot little hand and I'm about to melt it. Now it's a happy Friday. :lol:

Evening melt is YC wild iris! The Bella lemon biscotti pie I had on for most of the day was scrumptious! I could smell every note including the crust! :lol:

I have BusyBee's Lavendar Vanilla Coconut Milk scent going. I ordered it hoping it would be similar to Bella's. It's not but it's really, really nice!

Tonight's melts are Birthday Cake (finishing it up) and Strawberries & Cream (oooh, so good). Both are from Carol.

Tomorrow my mom is taking DD out to the mall for lunch and a girls shopping day. I'm hitting up Yankee to get some Halloween votives with my $15 off $45 coupon. I was actually there earlier today to get DD her new toy (she doesn't want another fish after lots of thought. She's afraid it will go to Heaven too). She got a Snow White costume that she had been wanting since last January. Unfortunately, I didn't have the Yankee coupon with me or I would had gotten the votives then. I'm thinking lots of Boo Nilla and Cider Web. Their Purr-chouli actually smells very nice and I'm a Patchouli hater.

Guest Anonymous

Melting CFTKR's funnel cake. Thought this would have a 'fried dough' smell, but, to my nose, I smell a sweet fruit - ? I don't remember funnel cake having a fruity smell, but it's been a year since I've been to a fair so maybe I'm remembering wrong . Oh well.....it's a sweet/bakery scent....so all is well. [smilie=th_316785e4]

LLVV, I never liked patchouli either until YC's Purr-Chouli last year. Then I spent all year trying to find another one like it without success. It's like no other Patchouli for sure.

Sweet, I don't remember any fruit in funnel cake either but as long as it smells good. Right? I've got no names left for the game room today but good luck. [smilie=th_316785e4]

Guest Anonymous

Just started Indian Summer (Tuscadero's) and Salty Sea Air (Grandma's Homebrewed Tarts - just got my first order today).

Oh, and I have never had fruit in funnel cake [smilie=th_316785e4]