The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Hello!

Hello everyone! I've been reading here for a while and wanted to join in on the fun. I started off as a candle lover and now am a tart addict. My favorite melters are 24 watt ones and 40 watt light bulb ones. I try to stay away from tea light melters because I had the top of one crack in half a short while ago. Nothing horrible happened, but just knowing that it can crack caused enough fear in me to convert to 100% electric. When I miss the beauty of candlelight, I turn to my Yankee votives. I love Yankee votives. IMO, they are just so beautiful and their scent is usually delicate enough that it doesn't interfere with the tart.

:lol: So nice to "meet" another candle/tart addict! I also use electric melters exclusively.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome wishes! It's so nice to be in the company of fellow scent lovers!

I forgot to mention before that my favorite types of scents are bakery ones and bakery/fruit ones. I do like so fruity scents and spice ones as well. Occasionally, I'll enjoy a fresh scent but my nose can't take too much floral. My DD loves scents as well and she is the floral and perfume scent fan of the family. DH thinks everything smells like vanilla, blueberry or nothing. I think when he comments that something smells like vanilla or blueberry he just saying that because he knows that I like those kinds of scents. Unfortunately for him, I think his nose is in a permanent state of non-smelling. As long as he doesn't see the boxes coming into the house, he's got nothing to complain about...well, unless he sees the credit card bill. LOL. :lol:

Thank you again everyone!

Hi! I got it from Cottage Hill. They have a bunch of them. They're sold with a 25 watt bulb but I changed it out to a 40 watt one. The directions say not to but I haven't had any problems for over 2 years. I love knowing that it's working. I sometimes wonder if the hot plate 24 watt one is getting as hot as it should.

Hi! I got it from Cottage Hill. They have a bunch of them. They're sold with a 25 watt bulb but I changed it out to a 40 watt one. The directions say not to but I haven't had any problems for over 2 years. I love knowing that it's working. I sometimes wonder if the hot plate 24 watt one is getting as hot as it should.

Thanks LLVV! Oh I see, you changed the bulb. :-) If a hot plate isn't working as you think it should, try running a test with another 24 watt. Melt the same amount of your tart in both at the same time, and you will know for sure. It has worked for me.

There are some great choices of melters with different watts with and without the bulbs. Look at some of the other forums. The people are great here.

:P

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome wishes! It's so nice to be in the company of fellow scent lovers!

I forgot to mention before that my favorite types of scents are bakery ones and bakery/fruit ones. I do like so fruity scents and spice ones as well. Occasionally, I'll enjoy a fresh scent but my nose can't take too much floral. My DD loves scents as well and she is the floral and perfume scent fan of the family. DH thinks everything smells like vanilla, blueberry or nothing. I think when he comments that something smells like vanilla or blueberry he just saying that because he knows that I like those kinds of scents. Unfortunately for him, I think his nose is in a permanent state of non-smelling. As long as he doesn't see the boxes coming into the house, he's got nothing to complain about...well, unless he sees the credit card bill. LOL. :oops:

:lol:

Your DH sounds just like mine, LLVV! The other day when I asked him if he liked one of the scents I was melting he said that ALL of the scents I melt smell like solvent to him! He's hopeless. :roll: I used to hide the boxes coming in, but since he sees the bills anyway, I gave it up and now just let him give his monthly lecture when the statement appears...goes in one ear and out the other LOL...

:P

I forgot to mention before that my favorite types of scents are bakery ones and bakery/fruit ones. I do like so fruity scents and spice ones as well. Occasionally, I'll enjoy a fresh scent but my nose can't take too much floral. My DD loves scents as well and she is the floral and perfume scent fan of the family. DH thinks everything smells like vanilla, blueberry or nothing. I think when he comments that something smells like vanilla or blueberry he just saying that because he knows that I like those kinds of scents. Unfortunately for him, I think his nose is in a permanent state of non-smelling. As long as he doesn't see the boxes coming into the house, he's got nothing to complain about...well, unless he sees the credit card bill. LOL. :shock:

[smilie=th_bb40]

Your DH sounds just like mine, LLVV! The other day when I asked him if he liked one of the scents I was melting he said that ALL of the scents I melt smell like solvent to him! He's hopeless. :shock: I used to hide the boxes coming in, but since he sees the bills anyway, I gave it up and now just let him give his monthly lecture when the statement appears...goes in one ear and out the other LOL...

[smilie=th_thumbs20up]

[smilie=th_12E9EC16] Yep, same thing here. In one ear out the other.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes. It's very nice to meet all you!