The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jesuschick

Hello from Kansas City, Missouri!

Guest jesuschick

Hi!

My name is Karen and I think possibly in a matter of just 2 weeks that I have become a warmer addict. I know just from reading here for a few days that I am in GREAT company with my "issue"...haha!

I am a recovering candleaholic. My brother once said that I had more candles burning in my home than a Catholic church. I since have married a sweet man with allergies. I also have 3 Chihuahuas. The husband and one dog did not seem to manage my burning candles.

Thinking I would try something healthier for them, I switched to soy candles and the smoke about did them in. Given that I cannot do without a cozily scented home, I bought a warmer a few weeks ago and within days another and another...you understand.

I am trying out melts form a variety of places and sources and having fun. I have discovered that my hubby cannot tolerate any of the "pink sugar" types, sandalwood, caramel nor musk. Sounds limiting but it actually makes the choosing really simple now that we figured it out. It also eliminates having to ditch everything thinking it is fragrance in general.

So, even at age 47 I am a newbie to this world and am eager to be further enabled by LEARN from you lovelies.

Thanks for already making me feel welcome with the couple of posts that have been so nicely answered.

Here is a pic of our little beauties:

Girlsjanuary2012-1.jpg

Hi!

My name is Karen and I think possibly in a matter of just 2 weeks that I have become a warmer addict. I know just from reading here for a few days that I am in GREAT company with my "issue"...haha!

I am a recovering candleaholic. My brother once said that I had more candles burning in my home than a Catholic church. I since have married a sweet man with allergies. I also have 3 Chihuahuas. The husband and one dog did not seem to manage my burning candles.

Thinking I would try something healthier for them, I switched to soy candles and the smoke about did them in. Given that I cannot do without a cozily scented home, I bought a warmer a few weeks ago and within days another and another...you understand.

I am trying out melts form a variety of places and sources and having fun. I have discovered that my hubby cannot tolerate any of the "pink sugar" types, sandalwood, caramel nor musk. Sounds limiting but it actually makes the choosing really simple now that we figured it out. It also eliminates having to ditch everything thinking it is fragrance in general.

So, even at age 47 I am a newbie to this world and am eager to be further enabled by LEARN from you lovelies.

Thanks for already making me feel welcome with the couple of posts that have been so nicely answered.

Here is a pic of our little beauties:

Girlsjanuary2012-1.jpg

Hi Karen!!!! Welcome!

I am going thru the same issues with my DH. As a matter of fact I was melting CFTKR Caramel Swirl this morning and it was bothering him. He also can't tolerated my absolute favorite scent ever....Front Porch Sweet Potato Sugar Cookies. I am finding that most vanillas are safe, altho they are not as strong. He also does well with fruity scents. I am thinking I will need to stick to these catagories.

Lynn

Hi Karen!

Your fur-kids are adorable!!

I think you have found the best group of Waxheads around!

(if I do say so, myself!)

[smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol

We will happily enable you all the way to the poorhouse!

:hello: Karen and [smilie=th_smilies_welcome]

I just love your little furbabies!! They are adorable...it has got to be tough with a DH that has allergies...but you are very [smilie=th_cc8] to have discovered the warmers!!! I can't live without them!

Guest jesuschick

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I hope you will all bear with me as I have 100 questions about all of this. I'll try to pace my posts as to not wear out that warm welcome! haha!

Hello Karen. Welcome to the board. Melts can be just as fun and addicting as candles, maybe even more so. You've sure come to the right place. th_Welcome_from_the_Whole_Gang.gif Your little angels look adorable. snoopy.gif

You're almost at 300 posts, Karen. I think we should have a spring Round Robin swap to celebrate your access to the swap section. See you there.