The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Okay, I have dumped several more tarts... not a good melt day... nothing is smelling good... maybe it is my nose today. Once I clean the melters out, I will try to find a favorite and stick with that... :oops:

I have days like that too..I even try smelling the coffee grounds to try and clear out my nose, but somedays nothing works..hope it gets better for u fleur:)

In honor of the heat wave here in the midwest today- I am melting Butt Naked all over the house... it is supposed to go back to snowing this weekend so I may as well enjoy it while it lasts. That is the one thing I love about Missouri-if you don't like the weather right now, WAIT-it will change in a few minutes!!! :oops:

Guest Anonymous

Lighting up my Wisteria candles again tonight. We made it to around 60 today! Almost all the snow and ice has melted. This nice sunny day has put me in a cleaning mode.

:oops:

I hope everyone is doing well today.

This afternoon I have YC Shortbread Cookie in the living room, Essential Pleasures Fresh Raspberry in the tealight burner in the MBath and Momma's Cherry Limeade in the upstairs bath. The Momma's isn't throwing much yet so we will see--the others are doing great.

I placed an order at Jade for a dozen tarts in 6 fragrances--the shipping was so good that when I read the previous posts I HAD to do it--right?

Cat--where did you hear snow for this weekend? I thought it was going to be just rain--maybe you are far enough north of us for snow but I will hope neither you nor I nor anyone else in MO or anywhere else gets it. I say it is spring and I won't let it go. :oops:

Well, Cat, I got on the National Weather Service site and I see they are saying you might get some snow up there over the weekend.--YUK!! Here's to just rain--right?

Had to dump the Momma's--frankly, those just didn't work for me--only one in the whole order did I like. Oh well, I'm sure it was just my nose. I replaced it with Tiger Lily and Cantaloupe from Essential Pleasures--different but nice.

In the living room it is Tropical Cottage from Cozy.

In the comp room, I am melting lemon Pound Cake from Shop A Holler. What a throw and what a strong scent. This is my first order from this company (less than a week TAT) and I am impressed so far. Will have to see what the length of the burn is, but three hours later is has not diminished in strength. :oops:

Guest Anonymous

Twilight Madness or something like that from Becca Lights. It's my blue, and I'm finishing up the last 3 cubes. Also my last of Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific from Candle Haven.

Okay, I lost count of how many tarts I melted today. Nothing was working. I just put on a Buttery Brown Sugar and Totally Scrumptious tarts from Queen of Hearts... some of these tarts (not all) have been light throwers for me...maybe that is what I need right now.. the cold smell was nice on both... [smilie=th_BringItOn]

jerseymom, I just stuck my head in the coffee can and took a big sniff... maybe this will refresh me... :oops:

Guest Anonymous

Can someone please post the link for Jade Candles? I am melting McCarleys Apple Cider Cinnamon in the whole condo...

:oops:

Guest Anonymous
fleur--it is www.jadecandles.com/store

What kind of wax? I assume paraffin since it's not specified......

Guest Anonymous

Melting YC shortbread cookie downstairs, CFTKR Apple Butter and upstairs melting LOL Wood Coffee.

Out of blue tarts so for my blue I have a glade light show turned on and on the blue color. LOL. It will have to do for now.

Burning a Bluediamond candle in CocoItalian Cookie........LOVE IT! These are the most elegant beautiful jars ever. Also burning a YC tealight in the bathroom-Lemon/Lavender...a favorite staple for me along with YC Vanilla Lime.

Melting Crosscreek Country Candles Vanilla Smoothie and its a keeper. I like it better than the Ultimate Vanilla. Would reorder this one again along with the White Peach from Crosscreek. Not sure how many tealights I will get out of it, but thats OK. I want to burn thru alot of my stash anyway or I will never ever get to order again.

Have a great night everyone. Off to relax and get ready for American Idol. I think that country girl who sang "8 days a week" is going home tonight. But, you never know with that show.

BTW, scentsnob............you still in your "cleaning out/I'm not buying anymore" mood. I have gotten in those moods before too. They don't last long though. LOL Just joking, I am with ya here (a bit) trying to use up what I have. Will be ready in the fall probably.

Guest Anonymous

The Gingerbread Applesauce from LOL is a great thrower! I really like this one! Smelling up most of the house.

Fleur, sorry to hear you're having a bad melting day. I hate those!

I just bought a new electric tart burner at Yankee today, so I have a Fresh Cut Herbs in that one in the BR and in the living room I have a little experiment going. I have half a Nene's Dlish Type, half a YC Midnight Jasmine and half a YC Water Garden. We'll see how this all turns out!

In the kitchen, it's country glow's hot orange danish, and in the living room it's yc's sweet strawberry. I'm in a fruity type of mood today, I guess.

Have a great night, all. I'm passing the time until American Idol comes on. It's not on until 9:00 tonight, so my dd can watch it with me for a change (she goes to youth group at church on Wed. nights). I'm thinking the country girl is going home tonight, too. I guess we'll see!

Fleur, sorry to hear you're having a bad melting day. I hate those!

I just bought a new electric tart burner at Yankee today, so I have a Fresh Cut Herbs in that one in the BR and in the living room I have a little experiment going. I have half a Nene's Dlish Type, half a YC Midnight Jasmine and half a YC Water Garden. We'll see how this all turns out!

Thanks, candlefaninokc, I did have a little success with my last bunch of tarts... but I am resting for the evening and starting fresh tomorrow!

I can't believe it - I still have not had to swap out my blue since I started April Showers from Brown Bag on Sunday! Good thing I like it.

Down the hall I have Lilac by Buckeye's.

Guest Anonymous
fleur--it is www.jadecandles.com/store

What kind of wax? I assume paraffin since it's not specified......

yes, I believe it is paraffin from the ones I have melted so far. :oops:

The raspberry I put on earlier is still going. It's a very light scent but it is still flowing through my open living room.

Good Morning everyone

I have on my blue for Patsy, Pam and Mommy spring breeze ( my own), CYS Cuddle and a small freebie that skin dazzles threw in called Victorian Vanielle..which is a creamy vanilla that has scented 2 whole rooms melting in my little 12w electric with the tart pan..I am loving this one..no perfumy or almond notes.

I also ordered 2 tart bars from her that are the size of the family hershey bars u get in the candy isle..I have never seen tart bars so big..