The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Welcome back, Cheryl! I can't imagine being without the internet for 3 weeks. My kids would be climbing the walls. LOL!

This morning, I'm actually melting since we're skipping church. Our church now also has a Saturday night service, and dh had to play the drums for the worship team, so we went last night instead of this morning. It feels so strange. We'll be back to our regular Sunday morning routine next week. So, for now, I'm enjoying lounging around in my jammies and drinking my coffee. Bliss!

-cotton candy from missy's tempting tarts in the computer room

-cinna buns from missy's tempting tarts in the kitchen

-lotus blossom from yc in my bedroom

We also have a city wide church picnic today at the park across the street from our house, so I probably won't be around much this afternoon/early evening. I hope everyone has a great day!

My DH did not like the Butter Croissant that I had melting... I will be melting it when he is not home (there are a few fragrances that I do that with)... anyway, I told him that I would switch the scent... he said, "Do we have to have a scent???" [smilie=th_c032] and I replied, "Of course!" Actually, my family is pretty good about the scents unless it is one they really can't handle... they comment occasionally... they know how much I enjoy candles and melts, so I think they put up with it!

I have switched to Candle Haven's Blueberry Blast & Whipped Cream and Lemon Madeleines... :oops:

I hope everyone has a great day... lots of picnics... have fun!! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Fleur - My dh usually just rolls his eyes when I mention tarts, candles, scents, etc. I know deep down he doesn't mind, but he loves pointing out the scents that he doesn't like. I don't think I'll ever convert him. Oh well. At least he doesn't ask me to stop, right?

This morning I have Cinnamon Rolls going in 2 melters from Candle Haven. Have a good day!

Fleur - My dh usually just rolls his eyes when I mention tarts, candles, scents, etc. I know deep down he doesn't mind, but he loves pointing out the scents that he doesn't like. I don't think I'll ever convert him. Oh well. At least he doesn't ask me to stop, right?

Yes... I think they just tolerate it because we like it so much... every once in awhile there is a comment about a scent.... the comment usually equates the scent to some vile bodily function!

Yes... I think they just tolerate it because we like it so much... every once in awhile there is a comment about a scent.... the comment usually equates the scent to some vile bodily function!

OMGosh, your dh does that, too? My dh's favorite comment is that certain tarts smell like "butt". How civilized, huh? LOL! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

OMGosh, your dh does that, too? My dh's favorite comment is that certain tarts smell like "butt". How civilized, huh? LOL! [smilie=th_c032]

[smilie=th_76d65c2f] yes... they can be very funny!

I decided on Pomagranate by Soy Indulgence all through the house. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

After melting all over the scent spectrum yesterday, I need some continuity today. Besides, DH is home today so I'll be kind to his nose.

fleur, That Blueberries and Whipped cream is a great idea. I'll add that one here in a bit. Everybody likes that one.

I definately moderate my scent choices to whomever is here.

[smilie=th_c032]

My Dh says things so rarely, I am not even sure he smells them! The extent of his participation is: "Did you blow the tealight out?" before we go somewhere. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

This morning I am lazy - up with the sick cat last night again, so not really in gear yet. Simmer oil is easy so it is coconut musk.

Hope you all have fun picnics with good weather - it is kinda rainy here today.

Guest Anonymous

Cool & damp here after storms going thru last nite. Melting Can Do's sugared pumpkin.

Nice warm, homey scent. Love them pumpkins! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I am burning YC Freesia. Wonderfull scent.

In the living room I am going to start YC Rainforest. Can't stop burning that one since I purchased it. It is so clean and calming and fresh at the same time. I totally love that one. Great for hot summer.

We are going on vacation for a week or so~ just wanted to say goodbye, I'll miss you guys!

Joan have a great trip.

I am shutting down the melters for the day... my DD made a comment about how the scents were getting to her.

The family has not said anything for weeks... today both my DH and DD were bothered by the scents... go figure... they are pretty tolerant most of the time... I will give it a rest for a little while. They just need a break now and then!

Maybe a candle tonight.. candles are not quite as strong and they like the ambiance... [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Joan, have a wonderful time!

Debra, hope the cat is alright.

Sweet&Spicy, I hope the weather is better for you today.

I have

Strawberry Jam - Autumn Candles. Fake strawberry smell. The search continues.

Hot Baked Apple Pie - Crazy for Soy. I don't think I let this cure enough. I like the scent (just enough apple and not too much cinnamon), but it's light. I'll let it sit another week or so.

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Texas Scentsations. Good version with moderate scent throw. I used 2 cookies. I'll have to change it out before I start getting the burned chocolate smell.